Hold on to your cup of black coffee and slice of cherry pie...'Twin Peaks' is back!

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The X-Files worked fine. Twin Peaks will too, but I wouldn't expect too much.
    It's 26 years and I don't see how Twin Peaks can do the "cult" thing again in the current tv-show landscape, things have changed, people are way more demanding.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Glad to see Lynch is back. Haven t heard from him in ages.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Robert Forster is an interesting name there. He was originally cast as Sheriff Truman but then replaced by Michael Ontkean.

Ontkean is now retired and not returning for this, leading to speculation that Forster is now taking up the role as 'older Truman'.

Good to see Everett McGill of LTK fame in there too, as he was believed to have retired. His characters of Big Ed and Ed Killifer couldn't be more different!

I think Forster is almost definitely taking on Harry S Trueman after Ontkean declining to return.

I wonder if Ontkean is in good health. He had a small, non-speaking role, in The Descendants, starring George Clooney. He looked very thin.

On a separate note, the TV show Psych did a Twin Peaks salute:

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/02/psych-does-a-damn-fine-twin-peaks-tribute/
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 2,595
    Most important event in TV in 2017.

Cannot wait, I remember watching TP when it was first broadcast in the UK and have been a fan ever since.

The new Blu ray boxset was a treat but this is just a gift I never expected would happen.

Lynch directing it all definitely fills me with confidence.

Definitely 18 episodes, though likely in 2 season bursts, great to see Denise Bryson will be back.

This really is something special not like that half assed X-Files revival.

Yeah, I'm really excited. Great that Bellucci has joined the cast. Maybe if she has a good experience she will recommend Lynch to Eon, in terms of directing a Bond film. :) I'd love Lynch to helm a Bond film. Not that it will happen as Eon are too orthodox. I think a screen adaptation of YOLT with Lynch directing, would be wonderful as long as it obviously isn't too weird as I know Bond is mainstream. One can dream... ;)

Damn, that cast list is huge!

I thought that the latest X Files episodes were alright but they obviously weren't as good as the early ones.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,043
    Seriously if the new TP can't top those new episodes of the X-Files we are in trouble.

They were atrocious, Showtime will be rightly expecting something special for their money.

Lynch directing them all and that cast, they've also taken their time with this unlike the rush job Carter did with the X-Files.

If this isn't event telly something will be wrong. Fans want that 3rd season where everything gets back into focus, not the meandering of the second half of TP S2.

I think they know this has to deliver allot is riding on it.

That is right Television has raised the bar but seeing I'd cite Twin Peaks as the godfather of modern TV. I think they know this has to stand up to the current crop of shows out there. especially those ones it undoubtedly influenced, unlike the X-Files most recent disappointing run.
    Yeah, well, X Files could have been a lot better. Twin Peaks must have a good story, laced with the Lynchian surrealism. The second half of the second season was way too wishy washy. At the same time, I fear they can't get too weird otherwise mainstream audiences just won't like it. I always love lots of weirdness though. :) I do so hope it isn't too normal.
    Twin Peaks has to be something special, unlike X-Files it didn't run for years it had a much shorter space of time but its impact paved the way for the likes of that show.

TV changed when it arrived and every show that arrived owes it a debt.

I just don't think it can coast and I don't think Lynch & Frost would have committed to such a project to do something as naff as what Carter tried to pass off at the beginning of the year with those 6 episodes.

Mark & David know what went wrong before and they'll be fully aware that this doesn't lose focus.

I wouldn't want it to lose Lynch's weirdness, something akin to those first 7 episodes or the focused first half of S2, all given new spin so it doesn't look like they are playing catchup, something innovative like it originally was.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from Twin Peaks when it returns next year but I certainly won't settle what some X-Files fans have been happy to accept.

This will be the television event 2017 mark my words
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I don't get what X-Files has to do with Twin Peaks, some sort of obsession going on there?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Well, I'll say that I had high expectations for Heroes, and the new one really disappointed me. No charisma in the leads at all. Lightweights, compared to the spark from the originals.

I too am expecting great things from Twin Peals. Lynch's perfectionism, combined with a lot of the original cast, should result in 2nd time magic.
    I don't get what X-Files has to do with Twin Peaks, some sort of obsession going on there?

They are both iconic tv shows returning after a long absence. It is natural to make comparisons. I also hope Twin Peaks deliveres better than X-Files did.
    X-Files even jumped on the revival bandwagon after TP was announced.

At least Duchovney will be in one landmark shows within the next few years.

He's set to reprise series favourite, cross dressing F.B.I agent Denise Bryson.
    Bryson was a series favourite? For whom? Lee Tamahori?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Duchovny should reprise Hank Moody too, one day.

Sorry as a Peaks fan for over 2 decades I was under the impression that character was a favourite, what has Lee Tamohori got to do with it or is this some transgender joke?

Recently rewatched all of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk with Me, its all fresh in the memory. Really looking forward to the new show, great to see many of the original cast returning.

Sorry as a Peaks fan for over 2 decades I was under the impression that character was a favourite, what has Lee Tamohori got to do with it or is this some transgender joke?

Yes, sorry. Drag joke.

I saw Twin Peaks when it came out, and was a huge fan as well. The movie was pretty good, too.

edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Some of these guys (most notably Kyle, James Marshall and Kimmy Robertson) look great 25 years later.
    When in 2017 is this coming out?
    Some time during the second quarter.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 2,595
    Great. Thanks. So, looking forward to this!
    Me, too. Twin Peaks was groundbreaking when it first came out.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Rewatched season 2 finale a couple of days ago, be interesting to see if they directly follow on from that conclusion.
    Bob in Dale Cooper.
    What a conclusion that was.
  • I expect Cooper to purge the evil.
    It was awesome season 2 was weaker than season 1 though the last few episodes were good.
    I just hope this airs on a channel I have, and at a godly hour.
  • In the UK it appears Sky Atlantic will be broadcasting the return.
    I expect Cooper to purge the evil.
    It was awesome season 2 was weaker than season 1 though the last few episodes were good.

If I remember correctly, Lynch directed the last few episodes of season 2.

Yeah, Cooper's a good guy. Maybe he will be evil at the beginning or there may be a flashback of him with Bob in him but ultimately I think somehow Bob needs to depart his body due to some reason and then he returns to the side of good. Well, it would be good to see an evil Cooper for a while. :)

• Bounine wrote: »
    I expect Cooper to purge the evil.

If I remember correctly, Lynch directed the last few episodes of season 2.

Yeah, Cooper's a good guy. Maybe he will be evil at the beginning or there may be a flashback of him with Bob in him but ultimately I think somehow Bob needs to depart his body due to some reason and then he returns to the side of good. Well, it would be good to see an evil Cooper for a while. :)

Kyle did quite an erratic character on the TV show Agents of Shield a couple of years ago, be good to see Coop unhinged for a while he will pull it off. Must watch show of 2017 for me can't wait to catch up with the returning Characters, think a Fire Walk with Me rewatch is due.

Showtime has confirmed that the Twin Peaks revival will hit screens on May 21st with a 2 hour premiere. The new season has a total of 18 episodes.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/twin-peaks-premiere-date-episode-count-showtime-1201881981/