Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I have no self control. I read the spoiler tags... :-? ...
    I don't get that either but I'll have to wait and read the comic. So far I've enjoyed Dynamite's efforts. My one significant compliant and I can see it happening with Hammerhead too is that limit to 6 parts. If we aren't going to have a monthly per se then why limit? I mean if you bought the previous 6 won't you buy at least one more? It can't cost that much more to pay Ellis and company for 7 instead of 6 or can it? My other concern is that I am probably going to feel Eidolon deserved a better ending. Maybe not but I was too weak not to look.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Still looking forward to your thoughts, @mcdonbb. :)
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,116
    Phone dying but quickly ...
    ummm no. If Hawkwood was an idealist and failed yes very clever and very Fleming but he was just a selfish crook. Doesn't work with the character. Eidolon started so strong but Bond #12 is the weakest of the lot. Eidolon deserved a far better ending.

But this just reaffirms that the six issue limit is compromising the storytelling.

That was just horrible. Plus how many Continental GTs can one man own? Seriously Bond wears the same suit most of the comic but changed Bentleys every other issue. WTF!!!

Sloppy just sloppy!! Rushed and half a$$ed ending ...a la SP!

...did enjoy seeing locations I've been a few times before. :D
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I told you exactly what you'd feel, @mcdonbb. Well, a good thing it has come to an end. It's down there with A Shattered Helix and Minute of Midnight. VARGR was better.

I don't think the six issue limit is the problem, but the pages are. Dark Horse Comics released its comic books over the course of three issues and told an extensive amount of feature length storyline.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 850
    Maybe it's because I am foreign and my english is not as good as wanted or maybe it is because it's badly explained, but I have a question about Eidolon :
    What is Eidolon compared to SPECTRE ?

I understand the thing like this : Eidolon is a sleeping cell of SPECTRE . Did I have right ? I think there some sentences who can cause some confusion to me :

8n16VNj.png

"We had them etc..." -> So, does that say that the MI6/allies have create SPECTRE or Eidolon for no more fachism in Italy ? Or did that say : SPECTRE or Eidolon have been here (but no created by MI6/allies), for no more fachism in Italy.

"We took SPECTRE out" -> "Out" of what ? Does that say that SPECTRE doesn't exist anymore, that the organisation have already have been beaten by the MI6 some years ago ? Only the Eidolon slleping cell remain ?

"wating until an armed" -> Of what "statut quo" Bond is talking ?

So what a you understand in this page ? What is the real sens that I probably didn't understand ? Can you resume here ?

Maybe it's because I am foreign and my english is not as good as wanted or maybe it is because it's badly explained, but I have a question about Eidolon :
    What is Eidolon compared to SPECTRE ?

I understand the thing like this : Eidolon is a sleeping cell of SPECTRE . Did I have right ? I think there some sentences who can cause some confusion to me :

8n16VNj.png

"We had them etc..." -> So, does that say that the MI6/allies have create SPECTRE or Eidolon for no more fachism in Italy ? Or did that say : SPECTRE or Eidolon have been here (but no created by MI6/allies), for no more fachism in Italy.

"We took SPECTRE out" -> "Out" of what ? Does that say that SPECTRE doesn't exist anymore, that the organisation have already have been beaten by the MI6 some years ago ? Only the Eidolon slleping cell remain ?

"wating until an armed" -> Of what "statut quo" Bond is talking ?

So what a you understand in this page ? What is the real sens that I probably didn't understand ? Can you resume here ?
    Q1: No, the SPECTRE cells were created by corrupt intelligence people during WWII much like how SMERSH agents were revealed to be SPECTRE members in the Fleming timeline (see Thunderball). Eidolon is a stay-behind operation for SPECTRE so if the organization is destroyed and dismantled on surface, the ants under the rug (moles if you will) like Eidolon will take over control secretly and work on rebuilding and resurrecting it.

Q2: SPECTRE doesn't exist anymore. The modern/contemporary comics take place after the events of the original Fleming novels but with an updated timeframe (like they took place in the 2000s instead of the 1950s). You Only Live Twice has happened already in this continuation and Blofeld is dead as Warren Ellis stated in an interview.

Q3: See Q1's Answer.

Q4: Eidolon is an operation where moles of SPECTRE planted within governments will work on resurrecting the organization when/if it's destroyed and ceases to exist. AKA see Q1's Answer.

Hope it helps. :)
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 850
    Yep, big thanks you, is helping me a lot.
    My initial problem was : I was thinking M was first explaining what Eidolon is in the down-left case, but in fact is just explaining what a stay-behind cell is to Cadence.
    Indeed.

Glad I helped. :)
    Eidolon never did reveal ...
    who Hawkwood met in the Ghost in the parking garage.
    Perhaps an underling? I forgot what is before the attack on the head of MI5's estate or after?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that was Mcmain, the MI5 guy, and they kept his face hidden only so they could save the reveal of him being and Eidolon sleeper for the Meeting with M.
    Thought so!
    00Agent wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that was Mcmain, the MI5 guy, and they kept his face hidden only so they could save the reveal of him being and Eidolon sleeper for the Meeting with M.

Yeah maybe so ..but
    ...was pretty obvious he was a baddie in the first panel. Would be more interesting if had been some one else or at least touched on again at the end. I'm really disappointed in the ending.

And you're right almost seems like Ellis just gave up. #10 and #11 were much stronger issues to me.
    You know? Just the way Dark Horse Comics did a Sean Connery-inspired 1960s James Bond comic book during the nineties with Light of My Death, Dynamite should give us an uber-escapist Bond comic with the sixties setting, and hire Tim Keable to do the art. Just look at the man's drawing...

007_bond_by_timkay61-dahe6cr.jpg
    You know? Just the way Dark Horse Comics did a Sean Connery-inspired 1960s James Bond comic book during the nineties with Light of My Death, Dynamite should give us an uber-escapist Bond comic with the sixties setting, and hire Tim Keable to do the art. Just look at the man's drawing...

007_bond_by_timkay61-dahe6cr.jpg

That would be awesome!!
    :!! :!! :!! :!! ...next week or one after? Bored ...anxious. ...lost poker partner :o3
    In three days, @mcdonbb. :)
    :!! :!! :!! :!! ...next week or one after?

Both actually :)
    Aren't both scheduled to come out on 10th of January?
    @ClarkDevlin last time i checked, Leiter was scheduled for the 11th and Hammerhead for the 18th
    Oh dear.
    00Agent wrote: »
    @ClarkDevlin last time i checked, Leiter was scheduled for the 11th and Hammerhead for the 18th

Thanks to you both ...and grrr!! But yay because I kinda forgot about my fellow Texan out this week. Sorry Felix.

Long live Texas! :D
    Long live Texas! :D

Yee Haw, Partner!

(just anxious about that Kraken reveal.)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Could you guys help me out a bit? I've been a bit out of touch with the releases.

Did the final issue of Eidolon come out as scheduled? I couldn't find it at my local comic book store.
    gt007 wrote: »
    Could you guys help me out a bit? I've been a bit out of touch with the releases.

Did the final issue of Eidolon come out as scheduled? I couldn't find it at my local comic book store.

Yes it did. Last week I think.
    I haven't seen either issue 11 nor 12 in my comic book store. But, as I explained a few weeks ago, it experienced some delivery issues. The owner is reordering them, but it will take some time.
    11 and 12 are out. You can purchase them digitally if you like.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I have pre-ordered the special edition book of EIDOLON, the same edition I have of VARGR.
    Indeed. It's set to come out in two months.