Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    2016 December 28 - James Bond #12

Fuck, they dalayed it, two day ago it was planed for the 21 december on Amazon.
    Not the first time they delayed something... But, of course, so far this hasn't happened with the other schedules. Only under the Ellis/Masters run...

Yes, someone on here a while back said that Ellis is notorious for always being late, which seems to be true and is highly annoying. Wish i had it before Christmas, but at least we don't have to wait that much longer
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    00Agent wrote: »
    2016 December 28 - James Bond #12

Fuck, they dalayed it, two day ago it was planed for the 21 december on Amazon.
    Not the first time they delayed something... But, of course, so far this hasn't happened with the other schedules. Only under the Ellis/Masters run...

Yes, someone on here a while back said that Ellis is notorious for always being late, which seems to be true and is highly annoying. Wish i had it before Christmas, but at least we don't have to wait that much longer
    As the saying goes...

"All in a good time." ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Anybody read Hammerhead #3 yet?
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I have. :D

Same here. And It's awesome

Same here. And It's awesome
    Way too much.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Awesome :D ..hope to get my copy this weekend.
    Awesome :D ..hope to get my copy this weekend.
    In case you need help, you know where to turn to. ;)
    Always do ..many thanks to you @ClarkDevlin..
    You're always welcome, @mcdonbb. :D
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I read VARGR when the run ended. It was quite enjoyable. I've been buying the issues of both Eidolon and Hammerhead, but haven't started reading either. I prefer reading a whole run in one go, because a single issue seems too short. I'm tempted to start reading Eidolon, however, mostly because I feel like I need a Bond fix. Downside is I won't be able to buy Eidolon's last issue before mid January. Seems like a long wait for one issue after reading 5.
    A collected edition in hardcover is coming out in March.
    gt007 wrote: »
    I read VARGR when the run ended. It was quite enjoyable. I've been buying the issues of both Eidolon and Hammerhead, but haven't started reading either. I prefer reading a whole run in one go, because a single issue seems too short. I'm tempted to start reading Eidolon, however, mostly because I feel like I need a Bond fix. Downside is I won't be able to buy Eidolon's last issue before mid January. Seems like a long wait for one issue after reading 5.

I get what you are saying, and i wish i had the patience to wait half a year just so i can read the whole story in one go but i don't.

At the same time i feel like there are a lot of advantages to reading them issue by issue monthy. I don't get so caught up in the overall story, i really enjoy the little moments you get in every issue and when you have a Book that is as good as Hammerhead, you get a huge kick out of reading every issue, which is also true for Vargr and Eidolon for the most part.
    The other advantage i feel is that i really get to expirience the story a little bit deeper because i read every issue over and over and always find new little details that i would have never caught if i'd read the whole book in one go...
    Reading the stories month by month and waiting for the next chapter makes you more invested.
  • gt007gt007 Station G

I get what you are saying, and i wish i had the patience to wait half a year just so i can read the whole story in one go but i don't.

At the same time i feel like there are a lot of advantages to reading them issue by issue monthy. I don't get so caught up in the overall story, i really enjoy the little moments you get in every issue and when you have a Book that is as good as Hammerhead, you get a huge kick out of reading every issue, which is also true for Vargr and Eidolon for the most part.
    The other advantage i feel is that i really get to expirience the story a little bit deeper because i read every issue over and over and always find new little details that i would have never caught if i'd read the whole book in one go...
    Reading the stories month by month and waiting for the next chapter makes you more invested.

Yeah, I guess it does make you more invested reading it issue by issue. But, to be honest, I'm a bit worried I might forget some details from one issue to the next. And I doubt I'd read an issue multiple times in a month.

I take it Hammerhead is so far the best of the lot?

Yeah, I guess it does make you more invested reading it issue by issue. But, to be honest, I'm a bit worried I might forget some details from one issue to the next. And I doubt I'd read an issue multiple times in a month.

For me in terms of sheer enjoyment I would say Hammerhead is so far the best. I'm enjoying Eidolon just about as much but it's a much different type of story. I have a special place for Vargr since that story introduced a very fresh take on Bond for me. Well I've read the novels so not that new but fresh as in not seen in awhile.

If I had to rank even though neither Hammerhead nor Eidolon are finished I would rank this way....

1. Hammerhead
    2. Eidolon
    3. Vargr...

But very close.

For me in terms of sheer enjoyment I would say Hammerhead is so far the best. I'm enjoying Eidolon just about as much but it's a much different type of story. I have a special place for Vargr since that story introduced a very fresh take on Bond for me. Well I've read the novels so not that new but fresh as in not seen in awhile.

If I had to rank even though neither Hammerhead nor Eidolon are finished I would rank this way....

1. Hammerhead
    2. Eidolon
    3. Vargr...

But very close.

yes i pretty much agree with this. Vargr and Eidolon are very unique and gave us a new take on Bond which is great.
    Hammerhead is more like a 'best of Bond'-moments type of thing, it is hitting all the right notes so far, even though it's only 50% published
  • For my money, Hammerhead has done the best job so far of taking the Bond experience and putting it into a serialized comic book format.

1. Hammerhead
    2. Eidolon
    3. Vargr...

But very close.

yes i pretty much agree with this. Vargr and Eidolon are very unique and gave us a new take on Bond which is great.
    Hammerhead is more like a 'best of Bond'-moments type of thing, it is hitting all the right notes so far, even though it's only 50% published

Best of Bond ...that's a very good way to put it.

UPDATE: Got my copy!! What a fun but quick read. Thoroughly enjoyable. Almost had more of an Ellis vibe.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 5,185
    UPDATE: Got my copy!! What a fun but quick read. Thoroughly enjoyable. Almost had more of an Ellis vibe.

Great! Yeah Bond messing around with those Mercenaries could have been a scene from Ellis Books as well....

I think i will read Vargr and Eidolon #1-5 again this week, to get in the mood for the final issue!
    Good idea @00Agent ...think I will too. I'm going to be traveling so probably won't be until the weekend.

Anxious to see how Eidolon wraps up.
    Good idea @00Agent ...think I will too. I'm going to be traveling so probably won't be until the weekend.

My guess is, it will be very bloody :D

Safe bet ;)

Safe bet ;)
    That's the Warren Ellis way. ;)

Safe bet ;)
    That's the Warren Ellis way. ;)

Anger issues.
    ...btw a cinematic thought popped in my head with the end of Bond's nasty turn in the Mustang. I expanded just a tad to have Bond avoid getting run over by a slightly airborne Mustang and whips back around to avoid sliding off the cliff. Both Bond the car slid a bit down the cliff. The car now fighting for traction as the back wheels slip off the edge.... Bond kicking one last kick in the grill sending the car plummeting below before exploding on impact on a ledge or two. Next scene Bond approaching car as the car initiates its fire extinguisher system. Bond reaches under the car just like the comic to retrieve whatever device was attached as the female voice of the announces the system status report ..."vehicle propulsion system.....inoperable; vehicle prevalence ...inoperable" or whatever ...but you get the idea. Kinda made me laugh a bit although smacks of TND.
    Sorry double post but is Bond #12 out this week or next? I'm getting different dates online.
    Comixology is saying 28. Dezember. they are reliable
    Trouble is... I haven't seen issue 11 yet in my comic shop. But they are experiencing problems with deliveries right nos (two weeks ago, the whole shipment for the week of december 7th went missing).
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That last one is stellar. I smell a McGuffin. ;)
    edited December 2016 Posts: 5,185
    Great find @ggl007! i like the first one the most, i am very excited for the action and locations for issue #1