Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I stopped reading when he talked about a conspiratorial unproven accusation regarding politics and election. So, thanks, Ben. I'll read your stuff, but don't expect me to interview you when you get political and get to hold one sided story that has no pillars to stand on.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 847
    So it's effectivly explain why the blue-green gun (btw the gun is less flashy than the illustrations of the other site).
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I stopped reading when he talked about a conspiratorial unproven accusation regarding politics and election. So, thanks, Ben. I'll read your stuff, but don't expect me to interview you when you get political and get to hold one sided story that has no pillars to stand on.

He didn't much beyond that. ....looking forward to Black Box. ..sounds exciting although not expecting much of Fleming's Bond but more cinematic Bond. I'm fine with that for this. Ellis went far and went right past the character of Bond to a bloody free far all well dressed sadist.
    I throughly enjoyed FELIX LEITER #1. Looking forward to Issue #2.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,116
    I throughly enjoyed FELIX LEITER #1. Looking forward to Issue #2.

Yay!! Good. Go Texas!!

I'm picking up tomorrow.
    I've made a friend upset due to an Easter egg spoiler I made on one of my social media accounts. Haha! I should be keeping quiet so I wouldn't tempt anyone to reading spoilers in the future. :))
    Black Box looks spectacular.

Felix Leiter #1 was absolutely fantastic! 5/5 in terms of it being an opening chapter. It really set the scene and made me hungry for more. Can't wait to see what happens next. It's got such a different style and tone to it than the Bond series which is perfect! I like how the writer didn't try and make Felix a US 007, he really is own character in this.
    Agreed. And I wouldn't want to spoil things further but that flashback was a very nice touch.
    I obviously haven't read Hammerhead #4 but any predictions on the identity of Kraken.

My preference since Diggle went this route...
    ...is Lord Hunt a la Trevelian twist but with Vivian in the know. My guess is of course just Vivian. I know this hook is going to my one big gripe about this series. A shame since everything going around this needless hook is so enjoyable.
    Hardly, @mcdonbb.
    He was shot in the head quite clearly and the bullet hole with blood spattering from the forehead was quite visible. He couldn't have faked that. Any other method like saying he used to colour his forehead to look like blood and all would be too cartoony. I doubt they'll head down that route. I still think it's Vivian.
    body double was more my guess. But like you I'm sure its Vivian.

UPDATE: lurking on Masters Twitter he mentions of course Percy but also that Diggle is working on a follow up to Hammerhead!!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    If you want to read my EIDOLON review, it's on the homepage:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/comics-eidolon-review?id=04209

:D
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Great read, Dimi, great read. Love how rich your vocabulary among the paragraphs is which does make the article a very worthy read. Can't say that for the most articles nowadays.

But, review/rating-wise, I disagree about Eidolon being a great comic. It started off greatly but was let down by the final sequence. It's there that "more is less" strategy didn't work at all. But that's just me.

Oh and one more thing also... the comic books take place after the events of the Fleming novels (only with an updated era, like instead of the fifties, they take place in the 2000s) as stated by Ellis himself who also claimed he's a continuation writer. So, SPECTRE is defeated by Bond himself in the past rather than a third party years ago.
    I stand corrected, @ClarkDevlin. Thank you. :)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Excellent review, @DarthDimi. Brilliantly written.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

very good and open minded review =D> ,
    thanks for sharing

Yes, I concur. Thanks for posting such an enjoyable review.

Thanks, guys! :) I appreciate that.
    @DarthDimi, what do you think of HAMMERHEAD so far?
    To tell you the truth, I won't start reading that book until I have collected all issues.
    To tell you the truth, I won't start reading that book until I have collected all issues.

Such discipline. ....I lack patience.
    Saw preview pages from #4
    ....looks very dark and intense.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Saw preview pages from #4
    ....looks very dark and intense.
    As did I, @mcdonbb.
    It appears M's identity is confirmed to be Miles Messervy. Sorry but I really am rather disappointed in that case. They could go ahead and turn Bond into a mix-ethnic British citizen too and be done with it.
    Yes
    I missed the M reveal. Sneaking peak at work.
    Yes
    They have the opportunity to create new characters and sure, introduce them. Don't crave for a slice of the cake like a greedy idiot. They didn't really have to convert Sir Miles like that. The films created new Ms, why the hell not with these? And that also said, I'm not satisfied with Moneypenny, either.
    Yes
    They have the opportunity to create new characters and sure, introduce them. Don't crave for a slice of the cake like a greedy idiot. They didn't really have to convert Sir Miles like that. The films created new Ms, why the hell not with these? And that also said, I'm not satisfied with Moneypenny, either.

Yes, but having said that I do like the dialogue and action that I saw in this issue. ...
    ....shame though Diggle went that hook. Now we have too much déjà vue. We have the GE teaser, the TWINE hook, and an unintentional repeat of issue #10 of the main series.
    Yes

Yes, but having said that I do like the dialogue and action that I saw in this issue. ...
    ....shame though Diggle went that hook. Now we have too much déjà vue. We have the GE teaser, the TWINE hook, and an unintentional repeat of issue #10 of the main series.
    Yep! And I really don't see why M and Moneypenny always have to be in the crossfire. What I don't get though is that how Bond survived that bullet wound. Perhaps it was a tranquilizer dart? I'd be disappointed if they don't explain that. But, I may not be thinking straight. I do like the claim Moneypenny made towards the Minister though to refer to him by his codename in the field.
    Yes

Yep! And I really don't see why M and Moneypenny always have to be in the crossfire. What I don't get though is that how Bond survived that bullet wound. Perhaps it was a tranquilizer dart? I'd be disappointed if they don't explain that. But, I may not be thinking straight. I do like the claim Moneypenny made towards the Minister though to refer to him by his codename in the field.

Yes, I liked that claim. I read a different preview ...events right after the preview I think you read. So I've basically read the first seven pages I think :/