Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Thanks, guys. False alarm. I dropped by my local store again and found Issue 12.

Looks like I'm reading Eidolon tomorrow. :)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    gt007 wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. False alarm. I droppwed by my local store again and found Issue 12.

Looks like I'm reading Eidolon tomorrow. :)

Hope you enjoy :)
    I'm on the fence about Leiter. I want to save my money, but the preview pages have looked great! Maybe I'll wait for a trade for the book shelf if enough of you rave about it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Will definitely let you know, mate. :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I musht thank you guysh.

Without this thread and some of you I wouldn't have discovered the fabulous world of Bond comics....

Now I'm totally addicted!
    No problem, Jason, ol' boy. ;)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Finally read Eidolon. Loved it! Mostly for its very interesting plot.

Much better than VARGR I think. And I did enjoy VARGR a lot.
    Glad you enjoyed it, @gt007. :)
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,116
    gt007 wrote: »
    Finally read Eidolon. Loved it! Mostly for its very interesting plot.

Much better than VARGR I think. And I did enjoy VARGR a lot.

Yes, I'm glad you liked it as well. 2017 is looking just as favorable for Dynamite Bond.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Yeah, apparently Hammerhead is even better than Eidolon. As always, I'm waiting for all 6 issues to come out before I start reading it, but I have to admit I'm tempted to start now...

As for Felix Leiter, I'm with @JET007. On the fence about this one. Generally I'm not very keen on spin-offs, but the first few pages I've seen do look somewhat interesting. I'll be waiting for reviews of the first few issues before I make up my mind.
    If it's Dynamite, then I have faith in them. That's why like any other crazy fan, I'm on board with Felix. I also hope we'll get one with Pussy Galore, she's the best Bond Girl in my opinion.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I agree with you @ClarkDevlin, i was on the fence about Felix too when it was announced first, but Dynamite has yet to dissapoint me, so i trust that the Leiter spinoff will be worth it
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 7,653
    Dynamite tend to do mini series instead of one continues run of comics. They did so as well with the Shadow. Perhaps that is the way to go with comics these days and keeping the fans onboard.

Quite a few miniseries seem to be planned with 007 as subject matter and so far they have been on the good side of decent.
    I guess the serialized James Bond series is being rebooted and brought back to issue #1 numbering again. But damn! Just look at it! @mcdonbb, @00agent, @bondjasonbond006, @0bradym0bondfanatic7

http://www.newsarama.com/32657-007-returns-to-the-french-alps-in-james-bond-1.html

Can't link the images since I'm on phone, but they're all there.
    Wow @ClarkDevlin!! ..nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Yea no clue on Dynamite numbering lol.
    Perhaps they know what they're doing. :))
    Hope so :)) ...but tantalizing preview.
    Agreed. Definitely OHMSS. :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @ClarkDevlin, judging from just those two pages, I think this is the best Bond art we've seen yet.

I'd love to see a Pussy Galore spin-off too, and I think I shared my dream plot for it before. It'd be called Pussy Galore & The Cement Mixers, and in the story Pussy and her team would be contracted to get an object for a client that turns out to be a highly sensitive and dangerous device, with the secret client actually turning out to be SPECTRE who want to use it for something mischievous. Bond could then come into the story to investigate, or it could be kept focused on Pussy as she strikes back against the organization for stringing her along. Pussy's antics in that story could then be referenced in a later Bond comic, and maybe even give an opportunity for her and Bond to reunite in a few issues to face a specific threat, especially if Pussy ends up losing the device she got to SPECTRE, which Bond has to retrieve in his own comic with her assistance.

There's lot of great stories you could tell with Pussy and her cat burglars that I'd love to see the right talents play with. She's one of the few Bond girls that can actually have an interesting story purpose beyond playing second fiddle to Bond, especially with her organized crime connections. Hell, throw Tiffany Case into the action of a few issues down the line too, and have her contract Pussy and her Cement Mixers to get at diamonds she needs to pilfer and smuggle for a client, then have some complication unfold that forces both sides to face a threat together (maybe the diamonds are fakes or another team is there trying to take them at the same time).
    As always, sir, your development of words strike genius upon the face of the earth.

I'd love to see that comic coming to life! Braders, contact Dynamite immediately! They won't refuse your services. :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Many thanks, my friend. The only thing I would find cooler than either writing or drawing a Bond comic is to do a Batman one, but only just. If I did either of those, I could die in peace.
    If possible in the future, you could do a crossover too between the two perhaps. :D
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 850
    A green fluo rifle and ski ? Are they fucking serious ?? Did boothroyd have is suplly by Call of duty or Counter Strike armourers ? Damn, a fucking green fluo rifle...
    I'm sure it will have a reason to be coloured as such. No need to panic.
    A Bond/Batman crossover would be rough, but a Bond/Sherlock Holmes crossover (another of my favorites) would be interesting. Bond would be contacted by Mycroft Holmes to work some spy related mission that goes wrong, then Sherlock Holmes is forced to investigate what went wrong in the operation, uncovering possible criminal ties with Moriarty's network of agents and Blofeld's SPECTRE with a possible team-up occurring between them that could make the world crumble.

It's all a bit too fan-fictiony, however. ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited January 2017 Posts: 9,020
    HOT DAMN

I just got hard looking at that first picture with the hottest Bond ever on ski with his big...
    ...weapon, pointed upwards. He makes a fist with the other hand.
    He looks awesomely badass, determined and like I want Bond to be, tall, darkhaired, rugged face.
    Can't wait to see him in action with the ladies and in the field!!

Oh and the green and blue outfit/weapon is supercool.
    The outfit Bond has on reminds me a bit of the suit George wears as he escapes Piz Gloria.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,116
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 love those ideas!! ... I've wanted to see more of Pussy for quite some time. ....and yes I agree with everyone else on that artwork.

@BondJasonBond006 yeah that's a great pose!!! *Ahem* with Bond's weapon pointing upwards.

There, I've completely forgotten #12 :D ..

Getting more excited to read Leiter as well. About to go nuts waiting for Hammerhead #4.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited January 2017 Posts: 2,539
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    ggl007 wrote: »

Sounds very nice! and here i thought i couldn't be any more excited for blackbox.