Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Brady, have you ever read the previous Bond comics? I think you will find Serpent's Tooth really amazing, especially due to its artwork.

I haven't, but the interest is there. Fleming's books have been so heavily on my mind, and I think I'll use some time to get back into them again, to supplement the comic reading. It's just hard for me to focus on one narrow task like that these days, when so much else is on my mind. We'll see.
    I know the feeling.

@doubleoego, just to keep you updated, James Bond Vol. 1 will be coming out on 22nd of the month.

Of June?
    Yep, it appears so.

https://www.comixology.com/James-Bond-7-Digital-Exclusive-Edition/digital-comic/371763?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9ncmlkTGlzdC9SZWNlbnRBZGRpdGlvbnM
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Oh ok ..thank you. I'm sorry I thought you were referring to the Vargr hardcover.
    Eidolon for the moment. I don't think we'll be getting the VARGR hardcover this month.
    Any news here? Has EoN given Dynamite trouble? I noticed that one of the ads now had EoN listed as giving IMF license to use the Bond logo or something to that effect.

My legalese like mon francais est ne bon pas.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Brady, have you ever read the previous Bond comics? I think you will find Serpent's Tooth really amazing, especially due to its artwork.

I haven't, but the interest is there. Fleming's books have been so heavily on my mind, and I think I'll use some time to get back into them again, to supplement the comic reading. It's just hard for me to focus on one narrow task like that these days, when so much else is on my mind. We'll see.
    I know the feeling.

@doubleoego, just to keep you updated, James Bond Vol. 1 will be coming out on 22nd of the month.

Thanks, mate. Just counting down the days.
    doubleoego wrote: »

I know the feeling.

Thanks, mate. Just counting down the days.
    Updating it, my friend. Hardcover comes out on July 5.
    Really?? Cheers, thanks for the heads up on that. I'll hold out for that seeing as it's only 2 weeks.
    Really?? Cheers, thanks for the heads up on that. I'll hold out for that seeing as it's only 2 weeks.
    Indeed. More artworks. More content. I'm looking forward to it myself, having also bought all the six issues. :D
    Yeah I can understand. There are some things in life where double dipping isn't an issue.
    Yeah I can understand. There are some things in life where double dipping isn't an issue.
    Not if you're a collector, anyways. :D

Awesome ..thanks for the update, my friend.

I'm still terribly anxious ~X(

You're welcome, ol' chum. :D

And I can relate to that frustration. Ever since Issue #5, I've always taken it for granted that Dynamite's announcement of release dates will never be accurate.

You're welcome, ol' chum. :D

And I can relate to that frustration. Ever since Issue #5, I've always taken it for granted that Dynamite's announcement of release dates will never be accurate.

Some sort of teaser would be nice BUT then come next week we're going into Eidolon pretty much spoiler free save the synopsis. We haven't been privy to any panel previews or character names ...nothing nada.

As far as I know.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The MI5 agent seems pretty cool, and a good foil for Bond. I'd love to see a scene set at night in a labyrinthine location where they play a cat and mouse game of death with each other. Reminiscent of FRWL's (film) beginning.
    Very compelling... looking forward to this. Excellent dialogue.

MI5 agent has all too familiar facial scarring but looks like done interesting here so I'll go with it.

I just slightly had a look at the drawing, and have been spooking around Jason Masters' twitter account... Oh I won't no spoilers, right now. Two days left and I want to be darn surprised!! :D
    I just slightly had a look at the drawing, and have been spooking around Jason Masters' twitter account... Oh I won't no spoilers, right now. Two days left and I want to be darn surprised!! :D

Well I'm weak lol. But I LOVED what I read. It's been a long time since Bond impressed me this much. CR I believe.

Well I'm weak lol. But I LOVED what I read. It's been a long time since Bond impressed me this much. CR I believe.
    I've read a spoiler-free review somewhere and the reviewer claims that this is the most graphic Bond experience to ever exist, yet.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,116

I've read a spoiler-free review somewhere and the reviewer claims that this is the most graphic Bond experience to ever exist, yet.

What I read was graphic to say the least. I tolerate the overly depicted violence in the series.

I'm not against the violence per se just seems overkill at times.

The writing itself so far is excellent and a nice continuation of the series. Ellis has some truly laugh out loud dialogue that always catches me off guard.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423

What I read was graphic to say the least. I tolerate the overly depicted violence in the series.

The writing itself so far is excellent and a nice continuation of the series. Ellis has some truly laugh out loud dialogue that always catches me off guard.
    Agreed. With VARGR alone, Ellis was completely going with an anti-Bond rather than Bond in the persona. Looking back, Bond in these comics is more of a sarcastic psychopath rather than being the damaged Bond of the books. And I don't mind it to be honest.

Agreed. With VARGR alone, Ellis was completely going with an anti-Bond rather than Bond in the persona. Looking back, Bond in these comics is more of a sarcastic psychopath rather than being the damanged Bond of the books. And I don't mind it to be honest.

That's true.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Agreed. With VARGR alone, Ellis was completely going with an anti-Bond rather than Bond in the persona. Looking back, Bond in these comics is more of a sarcastic psychopath rather than being the damanged Bond of the books. And I don't mind it to be honest.

That's true.

Me neither, i like change and he is giving us something we haven't seen before.
    I do think that Ellis was thinking long about how to make Bond 'realistic' and contemporary like Eon did with CR or any new Bond actor, but he had no restrictions whatsoever. His Bond didn't need to be symphatic or likeable, and to me he is still the Fleming Bond but on steroids (so far).
    As for the violence, it is in Flemings Books, not so much in the Movies, and since they always have to be PG i like that the comics are balancing things out a little

One more day 8-X
    I like my Bond not sympathetic to be honest. :))
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Me too :)
    i like my Bond borderline sociopathic. The one that throws people into a printing machine and makes stupid jokes about it :D

00Agent wrote: »

i like my Bond borderline sociopathic. The one that throws people into a printing machine and makes stupid jokes about it :D
    I salute you, sir!!! :D
    00Agent wrote: »

Ditto
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Can't say that meshes well with a Fleming Bond that dislikes killing, but to each their own.
    Can't say that meshes well with a Fleming Bond that dislikes killing, but to each their own.

Good point ...you're right. I am still enjoying the series for what it is. Yes that is a good point.
    I'm interested to experience it myself, sometime this summer. Has the US release date of the trade been set in stone yet?