Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Rather disappointed in the main page failing to mention the full arc of Vargr.

They seem to be able to pull up fifteen year old commercials off YouTube as news but completely forgot about a brand new completed Bond comic. The first in over a decade counting Serpent's Tooth.
  • Comic books still don't get much respect in lots of places, @mcdonbb. This is just one of those places.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Rather disappointed in the main page failing to mention the full arc of Vargr.

They seem to be able to pull up fifteen year old commercials off YouTube as news but completely forgot about a brand new completed Bond comic. The first in over a decade counting Serpent's Tooth.

True. Lets hope they will Cover the Release of the Hardcover accordingly as well as the Start of Eidolon
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @mcdonbb? You mean, the first since Serpent's Tooth? The last Bond comic book (I don't count Young Bond: Silverfin) before VARGR's debut was The Quasimodo Gambit.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116
    @mcdonbb? You mean, the first since Serpent's Tooth? The last Bond comic book (I don't count Young Bond: Silverfin) before VARGR's debut was The Quasimodo Gambit.

Yes, you're correct. I've slept since then. :D
    I may have missed this, but I didn't realize Eidolon can be translated as specter or phantom.
    Oh it does!
    Gettler wrote: »
    I may have missed this, but I didn't realize Eidolon can be translated as specter or phantom.

Yes, I didn't either until I read an interview of Ellis.

Spectre is supposed to make a return sans Blofeld. True to Fleming Ellis is keeping Blofeld dead.
    Just found the interview. I'm glad Ellis is developing original characters for these stories, though I wouldn't have minded seeing his incarnation of Blofeld. But that will probably wait until the comic adaptations of the novels arrive (whenever that is due).
    He said something about Blofeld being already killed off in World War II, didn't he? If so, then his Blofeld ended up dead long before Bond started existing.
    I think he was referring to Blofeld's supposed death in YOLT. Bond went medieval on Blofeld and strangled him.
    Oh, then I can't wait to see his own interpretation of Blofeld.
    Ellis in the interview said I think he wasn't resurrecting any characters killed by Fleming. Big shame because I'm with you @ClarkDevlin I would love to see Ellis's interpretation of Blofeld.
    On the other hand, @mcdonbb, Ellis might create a very horrifying villain as the head of SPECTRE. I'd love to see that happening, too. Someone who has bought the world in his pocket and is ruthless and scary beyond imagination. I want a villain for Bond just like that. Sadly, we never had that villain in a Bond film... Unless we count the Blofeld of From Russia With Love and Thunderball.
    On the other hand, @mcdonbb, Ellis might create a very horrifying villain as the head of SPECTRE. I'd love to see that happening, too. Someone who has bought the world in his pocket and is ruthless and scary beyond imagination. I want a villain for Bond just like that. Sadly, we never had that villain in a Bond film... Unless we count the Blofeld of From Russia With Love and Thunderball.

Yes, Ellis may very well. He's impressed me so far.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    No one perhaps checked it out, but Eidolon's second issue revealed its cover art.
    JamesBond08CovAReardon.jpg
    Cover Art by Dom Reardon

Synopsis:
    James Bond is trapped in Los Angeles with a MI6 agent under fire and a foreign intelligence service trying to put them both in bags... and possibly more than one foreign intelligence service. And things may not be any safer in Britain, with bodies dropping and ghosts moving in the political mist...

James Bond #8 (I'd like to call it Eidolon #2) comes out on 20th of July 2016.
    :-? ...Ellis has my attention again.
    Dom Reardon's style of drawing reminds me to that of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen's comics books.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Looks like Dalton on that cover I just finally might read a Bond comic book.
    Jason Masters' favourite Bond is Dalton. :)

Yes try it. Hope you enjoy. :)
    Silly, isn't it, @mcdonbb? We're the only two people here trying to promote Dynamite's Bond comics. The MI6 Forums should elevate us to the chairmen of the board in the comic books department. :))
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Yay!! :D ..we deserve big comfy chairs.

Dynamite's series is significant in the Bond world.

I'll drink to that!! :D
    Cheers! ~O)
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Cheers, old boy! 0315.png
    It says Issue 7.
    I suppose there are 6 coming before that :)) do I need to read them first?
    It says Issue 7.
    That's VARGR, @BondJasonBond006. The first six issue story arc. I think they are going to keep a tight continuity, so it's advisable to read them, first.
    It says Issue 7.
    That's VARGR, @BondJasonBond006. The first six issue story arc. I think they are going to keep a tight continuity, so it's advisable to read them, first.

Just ordered those in the local comic book store :)
    Thanks for the info much appreciated.
    It says Issue 7.

Just ordered those in the local comic book store :)
    Thanks for the info much appreciated.
    My pleasure. Enjoy it. :D