Your Blu-Ray Steelbook Collection (including James Bond Steelbooks)

Comments

• acidie wrote: »
    Could someone advise me if the Bond steelbooks are region encoded?. I live in New Zealand and I'm not actually sure if the Spectre steelbooks collection will be released here, so I'm contemplating getting them from either Europe or any other country that is stocking them, but obviously apart from look at the nice cases I do want to be able to watch them aswell. Any advice would be really appreciated. I'm also tempted to maybe look at buying some of the older steelbooks off eBay, but I'm not sure if they are viewable outside their regions or are in English.

Usually speelboek are entirely region-free, due to their limited release and international cover artwork that is in every country the same. I have bought them via Germany (Mediamarkt) and there they are region-free.
    Thanks for that :) Gustav. They arnt dubbed or anything either are they? Sorry if all this sounds dumb, I'm just looking at options.
  • acidie wrote: »
    Thanks for that :) Gustav. They arnt dubbed or anything either are they? Sorry if all this sounds dumb, I'm just looking at options.

These region-free Blu-Ray's usually have all possible subtitle options and dubbing options. So you can also choose to watch the film in original English language without subtitles.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    They're selling well. I visited the Best Buy Canadian online store to peruse what's coming up on blu-Ray and a lot of the steelbooks Bonds have already sold out.
  • eddychaput wrote: »
    They're selling well. I visited the Best Buy Canadian online store to peruse what's coming up on blu-Ray and a lot of the steelbooks Bonds have already sold out.

Really???

Well, it's something I was afraid off. You can still preorder them at the e-shop of Mediamarkt Germany and ZAVVI UK.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    eddychaput wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'm partially at fault for that.
    ;)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Just picked this up today :D

3010kly.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @NickTwentyTwo, isn't it beautiful? Mine came in the mail this morning. I wanted to watch it tonight, but I've been so busy with a lot of stuff that I might save it for later on in the week. It'll be my fourth viewing of it, and I'm looking forward to it as much as I was the first time. Best film of the year (so far, don't see that being toppled, either), and probably Top 5 for action movies of all time for me.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,526
    @Creasy47, you're in good company, I just read this article :D

My current best film of the year as well, although the end of this calendar year is going to be mighty, so we'll see!
    Hey, I think the film was so mind-blowingly incredible that I don't see anything coming close to topping it this year; not 'Spectre,' not 'The Hateful Eight,' not 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens,' not 'The Revenant,' nothing.
    I'm looking forward to Spectre, Star Wars and The Revenant, but definitely not The Hateful Eight. The Revenant mostly because it's another Tom Hardy film.
    Fury Road is still the movie to beat though.
    Just picked this up today :D

3010kly.jpg

That's a beautiful package for sure. I still haven't picked up my copy of Fury Road yet. Probably later this week.

jake24 wrote: »
    eddychaput wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'm partially at fault for that.
    ;)

I've flip-flopped on the subject of purchasing them or not, to the point where I'm behaving like a crazy person.

I pre-ordered most of them in late July when they were announced, convinced myself afterwards that they aren't worth it (very sexy but I own the films already) so cancelled the pre-order, only to be bitten by the Bond bug again and pre-ordered a few, but only the ones I think look really nice (TB, YOLT, OHMSS, CS and SF). My favourite film is FRWL, and while I don't think it has the best steelkbook cover of the bunch, it doesn't matter at this stage since it's sold out!

I'm not whining though. I've been appallingly un-strategic in how I've handled this 'to buy or not to buy' calamity.
    The back, for anyone interested.

2jfzig7.jpg
    Wow, the back cover is awesome and simple. I haven't even taken the j-card off of mine yet, so I didn't get to take a look at the back cover of it.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    I've pre-ordered all nine Bond steel books on Zavvi. Since then I've been mentally flip-flopping on cancelling some of them but so far I've resisted hitting the cancel button. I think when they finally arrive (in two weeks!) I'll be glad I held out.
    I (finally) decided on passing on them. I was going to pick up just one or two - probably QoS (it looks incredible) or FYEO (love that one, as well), but even still, spending almost $30 on movies I already own seems ridiculous. Nice covers, but I have to pass. Besides, one day will come where miraculously, blu-rays are inferior and there's the next best thing (4K blu-ray, perhaps) and I'll have to double dip once again.
    I'm at this screen on Best Buy's website now:

2e3n4lx.png

Close to pulling the trigger on the Craig films (especially because I don't like the Skyfall BluRay cover), which would look great with the ultimate Spectre steelbook as well...

But as has been said, how many times will we buy the same movies!?

Not sure yet!
    @NickTwentyTwo, I was there a few hours ago myself! I had all nine added, weaseled it down to five I wanted, removed three, and decided to spend my Best Buy credit on 'Fallout 4' for the PS4 instead of a new cover to a movie I already own, a cover that won't be appreciated by anyone but me when I pull the case out to watch the movie once every few months. It isn't worth it to me.
    Haha, I think you made the right choice, @Creasy47. There are a hundred better things to spend the money one when you put it that way.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 364

2e3n4lx.png

Close to pulling the trigger on the Craig films (especially because I don't like the Skyfall BluRay cover), which would look great with the ultimate Spectre steelbook as well...

Not sure yet!

Those high-tension moments are bloody agonizing. I've already ordered, cancelled, and then ordered again, so don't look to me for advice!
    :(
    Haha, I think you made the right choice, @Creasy47. There are a hundred better things to spend the money one when you put it that way.

You can always put the money away for the inevitable steelbook version of SP if you wanted! :)
    Nick, I've been on that same screen for a week or so now. I just can't decide if I want to lay the money down for these. They look amazing, but it's a lot of money.
    Ed83 wrote: »
    Nick, I've been on that same screen for a week or so now. I just can't decide if I want to lay the money down for these. They look amazing, but it's a lot of money.

That's what initially got me thinking about just picking up a few of them - either my favorite covers or my favorite films out of the nine set lot - but then the OCD in me wouldn't be able to handle having a few of the steelbooks and not all of them.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland

2e3n4lx.png

Not sure yet!

Kill the wabbit! Kill the wabbit!
  • Until I receive the steelbooks, I keep looking at this wonderful high-res image of that wonderfully designed set ;;) :

BondBooksBarBig.jpeg
    So awesome...must click purchase...
    So today I became a steelbook collector, I ordered Goldfinger and GoldenEye from Germany off eBay. I decided that Spectre will be released in a nice Steelbook and didn't want that to be the odd one out, so I thought I would start building my collection. I have been scouring Google to see if the nine Spectre steelbooks will be released here in New Zealand but have found no answer so I guess towards the end of the month I will be spending a fortune on getting them from various countries. Moving to New Zealand from England is good in so many ways but I miss the easyness of getting things like this, I think it will be nice to have the films in a nice stand alone collection with great art work and I'm looking forward to getting them.
    If I get any, it would be Skyfall to replace the awful cover I have, but all the Craig ones look brilliant in steelbook. The deciding factor will be the new special features. If it's a 3 min featurette, I'll most likely pass.
  • Only two more weeks and I have all these 9 steelbooks at home :D