Your Blu-Ray Steelbook Collection (including James Bond Steelbooks)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The steelbook group buys I've checked out before had some versions of that steelbook priced around $33/34 shipped. Sometimes it's best to splurge, get tons of steelbooks, wait a while, and sell them at a big markup later on down the road.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I have pre-ordered this bloody fracking fantastic item B-)

cede.ch/de/movies/?view=detail&branch%5Fsub=0&id=15088282&branch=2

full.jpg
    @BondJasonBond006, beautiful! I wanted to pick up a Region A version of that, but I didn't really have space for the car and I know I'll double dip on the film eventually once they release the audioless/black and white versions of the film, so I settled on the steelbook. $19.99 isn't bad at all! I have the digital HD copy up on Vudu right now, ready to watch it here shortly in wonderful HD on my 48" TV. Beyond excited.
    @Creasy47

There's nothing more exciting than seeing a movie like Mad Max FR in HD on a big TV.
    And hearing it...when I turn up the volume on my Samsung Soundbar with active Subwoofer the room is literally shaking :))
  • Garth007Garth007 Missouri, USA
    Well sounds like I'm going to be broke for awhile bond steelbooks along with star wars, mad max, terminator Genisys, and fast 7 getting ones as well. Worth it I suppose XD
    edited August 2015 Posts: 40,454
    @Creasy47

There's nothing more exciting than seeing a movie like Mad Max FR in HD on a big TV.
    And hearing it...when I turn up the volume on my Samsung Soundbar with active Subwoofer the room is literally shaking :))

I'm jealous! I don't own a Soundbar, but when I watch a movie like, for example, QoS, I always turn my volume up real loud during that PTS, just to hear the soundtrack slowly let into the roaring of the engines as the chase begins.

I was going to pick up the Bond steelbooks, but even after the credit and coupons I have, I can't justify it. I want them really bad and I'll kick myself for it later on, I'm sure, but I can't.

Not sure what my next blu-ray purchase will be aside from Criterions - it might end up being 'Rogue Nation' - so let's hope that gets a steelbook, too! I don't own that many, I've sold a couple that I bought with the impression that I would rewatch them but I knew I wouldn't. Still trying to sell my 'Man of Steel' one, as well.

I've wanted to pick up the steelbook for 'The Fifth Element' since it's always cheap, but apparently it isn't the remastered edition, so I've had to pass on it, even though it looks beautiful. I know Sony is doing a fully remastered re-release soon, though.
    Speaking of Steelbooks...does anyone of you still have these??
    full.jpg

full.jpg

I have all of them up to Tomorrow Never Dies.
    And yes, I had bought a player especially to be able to get those and play them!
    It had cost me the pocket money of a year!!
    My mates from school were so envious of me.
    Does anyone know if the James Bond spectre steelbooks set will be available in Australia/New Zealand? I have done some online looking but can't find any info at all.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I have pre-ordered this bloody fracking fantastic item B-)

cede.ch/de/movies/?view=detail&branch%5Fsub=0&id=15088282&branch=2

full.jpg

:O :O :O
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Mallory wrote: »
    Ive just bought a german CR steelbook on ebay for £20 inc delivery. Not often they pop up...

Is it this one, from this picture??
    eQKutA.jpg

If so, then you were very damn lucky to find that steelbook at that price. Even after the 9 new steelbooks will be released next September, that German CR-steelbook will be the most limited and rare steelbook. Take good care of it.

Hi Gustav,

It arrived today, and yes, it is the german CR steelbook, the same as your picture, in mint condition. At £20 paid inc delivery I am well chuffed.
    A very very good deal then! I had to pay much more :-O. I like this steelbook a lot, because it's very shiny.
    Very happy, just won the German CR steelbook on eBay for £10.99, still sealed! That now makes GF, GE, CR, SF and QOS on PS3, with the 9 new steelbooks on preorder. Just the QOS DVD release to go and then I'll have all of the steelbooks released so far, I believe.
    JBond007 wrote: »
    Very happy, just won the German CR steelbook on eBay for £10.99, still sealed! That now makes GF, GE, CR, SF and QOS on PS3, with the 9 new steelbooks on preorder. Just the QOS DVD release to go and then I'll have all of the steelbooks released so far, I believe.

Which is your favourite so far?
    I think GF is still the best out of the ones I have. Out of the new batch being released, CR is by far the best.
    Speaking of Steelbooks...does anyone of you still have these??
    full.jpg

full.jpg

I wonder why nobody responded...am I the only one that has the LaserDisc versions of the Bond movies?

• 007homevideo007homevideo Australia
    full.jpg

full.jpg

I wonder why nobody responded...am I the only one that has the LaserDisc versions of the Bond movies?

I have a coupla-hundred 'Bond' LaserDiscs from around the world, images of which are displayed on my website (the url of which I don't think I'm allowed to mention in postings such as these).

• edited August 2015 Posts: 1,181
    Best buy appears to have all of the new steelbooks available for preorder for $12.99 USD a piece. Here's a link to skyfall, but you can find the others in related items below it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skyfall-blu-ray-digital-hd-copy-steelbook-only--best-buy/4255507.p?id=3401291&skuId=4255507

This seems like a really good deal. What do you guys think? Do you think they will be worth a bit more down the road?
    @Ed83, if they're as limited as they say they are, then it's a possibility. I was going to pick all of them up, but I couldn't justify spending over $100 just for new cases, but if my money situation looks a little more positive in the coming weeks, I may pick up four or five of my favorite movies to replace the current blu-ray editions that I have.
    I want them all, but I'm not sure I can justify spending for it after I have spent so much on blurays already. The ones I really want are FRWL, TB, OHMSS, DAF, CR, and SF.

I also like the covers of YOLT, FYEO, and QOS too, just not as much as the others.

@Creasy47 What do you think about the Daniel Craig Collection Steelbook? I'm wondering if that would be a rare one later on.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-daniel-craig-collection-blu-ray-digital-hd-copy-steelbook-only--best-buy/4255500.p?id=3401306&skuId=4255500
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Ed83 wrote: »
    I want them all, but I'm not sure I can justify spending for it after I have spent so much on blurays already. The ones I really want are FRWL, TB, OHMSS, DAF, CR, and SF.

I also like the covers of YOLT, FYEO, and QOS too, just not as much as the others.

@Creasy47 What do you think about the Daniel Craig Collection Steelbook? I'm wondering if that would be a rare one later on.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-daniel-craig-collection-blu-ray-digital-hd-copy-steelbook-only--best-buy/4255500.p?id=3401306&skuId=4255500

These collections are best to buy them complete. Especially in the future they will be more worth if you have all 9 of them as a complete set.

Anyway, I bought all 9 of them for €163,90 (including €1,99 package costs) via MediaMarkt Germany: http://www.mediamarkt.de/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MultiChannelSearch?storeId=48353&langId=-3&searchProfile=onlineshop&channel=mmdede&searchParams=/Search.ff?query=james+bond+steelbook&channel=mmdede&path=&query=james+bond
    @Ed83, for only $19.99, that's a steal. I'd absolutely pick it up. A lot of the Bond actor collections aren't terribly 'rare' or anything, but this is a steelbook (and limited) so who knows. Pick it up before you miss out on it and kick yourself for it later! :)
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    I actually cancelled my order… Spending over a 100$ for movies I already own, I got cold feet.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the day they'd arrive at my door I'd be all giddy for the 15 minutes I'd spend ripping off the shrink wrap and admiring the covers, only to be left with the embarrassing notion afterwards that I just spent a nice chunk of cash for discs I previously purchased.

They look very, very nice, but when push comes to shove, I don't need these. Like some other message board members have suggested, when they're released, if I have some cash to spend, I might pick up two or three that strike my fancy, otherwise I'm out.
    I'm very tempted to order. I think I will leave them sealed up though if I do get them.
    @eddychaput, that's my thought process every time: I want them, they're "limited," they look great, but once all is said and done, I'll admire them for a bit and in the collection they'll go, having spent $100+ on the same movies with a different cover. I think I may pick up the cases for FYEO, CR, QoS, and I might replace my old slipcover version of FRWL with the new steelbook. I haven't decided yet.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @eddychaput, that's my thought process every time: I want them, they're "limited," they look great, but once all is said and done, I'll admire them for a bit and in the collection they'll go, having spent $100+ on the same movies with a different cover. I think I may pick up the cases for FYEO, CR, QoS, and I might replace my old slipcover version of FRWL with the new steelbook. I haven't decided yet.

For $100 you could probably pick up a 1st edition chopping of OHMSS or YOLT. If you already own the films and don't own a Fleming 1st Ed, I would say the decision is a no brainer.
    @RC7, that would be lovely. I have the Penguin published editions of most of the novels, I've been spending weeks scouring sites like eBay for the last few because my OCD wants me to complete the Penguin edition collection, not just the Fleming collection, as bad as I need it rounded out. Some of those first editions are beyond incredible looking.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I might pick up CR, QoS and SF, two of which I own individual dvd's/blurays for, and then give the older ones away to people who don't have copies.
    Only 3 more weeks, and I will get those wonderful 9 Bond steelbooks B-)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I already own 7 out of those 9 films on BluRay so I'm having a hard time justifying spending that much money. They do include digital copies though so that's a big plus for me. I'm conflicted, to say the least.
    Could someone advise me if the Bond steelbooks are region encoded?. I live in New Zealand and I'm not actually sure if the Spectre steelbooks collection will be released here, so I'm contemplating getting them from either Europe or any other country that is stocking them, but obviously apart from look at the nice cases I do want to be able to watch them aswell. Any advice would be really appreciated. I'm also tempted to maybe look at buying some of the older steelbooks off eBay, but I'm not sure if they are viewable outside their regions or are in English.