Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Trailer tease ahead of tomorrow's new trailer for 'Valerian':

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Star Wars eat our heart out. Desplat is likely going to show what he's made of on scoring duties. Missed him on Rogue One.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Apparently, the trailer for Martin Campbell's The Foreigner, starring Pierce Brosnan and Jackie Chan, was shown at this year's CinemaCon. Expect the trailer to drop in the next couple of days.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Apparently, the trailer for Martin Campbell's The Foreigner, starring Pierce Brosnan and Jackie Chan, was shown at this year's CinemaCon. Expect the trailer to drop in the next couple of days.
    I look forward to it. That film seems to have been delayed forever. Now that Brosnan will be back in the limelight on tv, this could be an opportune time for it to drop. Having said that, if I'm not mistaken, the film includes a terrorist attack in London. Bad timing, that.
    bondjames wrote: »

Star Wars eat our heart out. Desplat is likely going to show what he's made of on scoring duties. Missed him on Rogue One.
    What´s so special about Desplat scoring an adventure movie? His soundtracks for quieter films are excellent, but action and adventure, what has he done there that´s really convincing?

edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    boldfinger wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

What´s so special about Desplat scoring an adventure movie? His soundtracks for quieter films are excellent, but action and adventure, what has he done there that´s really convincing?
    I saw outstanding potential in Ghost Writer (aka Ghost) and Zero Dark Thirty. He's high up on my list for Bond as well purely on this alone.

And that´s exactly what I meant. Ghost Writer and Zero Dark Thirty are thrillers, and not action or adventure movies. Desplat did a decent job on Godzilla, but even that was quite limited. He is brilliant for films without great action pieces.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Desplat did some work on the last two Harry Potter adventures, but after John Williams none of the other composers really matter.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I was literally about to post this trailer.

It looks freakin awesome!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I read that graphic novel decades ago. Looks fun.
    This looks very good. Visually, I'm feeling The Fifth Element meets Phantom Menace meets Dune meets Avatar. Definitely a must watch for me.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Message from the king

Definitely seeing this for my boy Chadweezee.
    Oh. That Valerian trailer resonates a lot more than the first one!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited March 2017 Posts: 1,257
    I'm kind of intrigued by this one

IT - Official Teaser Trailer

edited March 2017 Posts: 11,139
    First Synopsis For Kingsman 2 Hints At Jeff Bridges And Channing Tatum's Roles

Kingsman: The Secret Service introduced the world to Kingsman - an independent, international intelligence agency operating at the highest level of discretion, whose ultimate goal is to keep the world safe. In Kingsman: The Golden Circle, our heroes face a new challenge. When their headquarters are destroyed and the world is held hostage, their journey leads them to the discovery of an allied spy organization in the US called Statesman, dating back to the day they were both founded. In a new adventure that tests their agents' strength and wits to the limit, these two elite secret organizations band together to defeat a ruthless common enemy, in order to save the world, something that's becoming a bit of a habit for Eggsy...

kingsmanheader.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    C8KxnCoUwAA8Sw_.jpg:large
    doubleoego wrote: »

Kingsman: The Secret Service introduced the world to Kingsman - an independent, international intelligence agency operating at the highest level of discretion, whose ultimate goal is to keep the world safe. In Kingsman: The Golden Circle, our heroes face a new challenge. When their headquarters are destroyed and the world is held hostage, their journey leads them to the discovery of an allied spy organization in the US called Statesman, dating back to the day they were both founded. In a new adventure that tests their agents' strength and wits to the limit, these two elite secret organizations band together to defeat a ruthless common enemy, in order to save the world, something that's becoming a bit of a habit for Eggsy...

kingsmanheader.jpg
    Headquarters destroyed? World held captive?
    Boring.

But The Book of Henry looks great.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »

kingsmanheader.jpg
    Headquarters destroyed? World held captive?
    Boring.

Yeah, it's not too creative...but story aside...it can still be amazing and I can't wait for the trailer
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Outstanding! These seem to keep getting better and better. Looks like a real battle for civilization here, which can be seen as a metaphor for contemporary struggles. The archetypal "us" against "them". My money is on Ceasar. Woody is going down!
    This apes film looks the business and bodes well for the solo batman movie.
    The apes movie looks so amazing I really liked the first 2.

The trailer is amazing, but I don't like how the human was made to look like the bad guy. It's not. It's one point of view vs the other. Caesar is not good nor bad. Same goes for Woody. Hopefully they don't do "Caesar is hero Woody is villain" thing which really sends the wrong message IMHO
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will definitely be there.

Love these Ape movies growing up. This will be a definite cinema trip for me in July!!! :-bd
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 40,471
    Sylvester Stallone exits 'The Expendables 4' due to disputes regarding the script, director, and elements of the film:

http://collider.com/sylvester-stallone-exits-the-expendables-4/#images
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    THE EXPANDABLES. I don't like the sound of that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sylvester Stallone exits 'The Expandles 4' due to disputes regarding the script, director, and elements of the film:

http://collider.com/sylvester-stallone-exits-the-expendables-4/#images

Yikes. One wonders what the point of it is now?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, that's saddening.