"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Feel very sad for Ranieri as he has been treated badly here. No loyalty or class from the club owners. Will have no sympathy for what's to follow. Hopefully Claudio will be in a new post soon as he is such a footballing character!
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    mourinhoo.png

‘My words on my shirt are his name, it’s my little homage to someone who wrote the most beautiful history in the game.
    ‘Now, they are also in the highlights with a decision that has everyone in football united, because it is something everyone finds difficult to accept.
    ‘I thought last season, when I was sacked as a champion, it was a giant, negative thing, now I recognise it’s peanuts compared to Claudio.’

Nice show of support from Jose wearing CR on shirt

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/24/jose-mourinho-puts-on-show-of-solidarity-with-claudio-ranieri-by-wearing-cr-shirt-6470239/
    Nice little mention of his own sacking.
    Fair play Jose for your public show of support for Ranieri! =D>
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    To say Harry Kane is lethal in front of goal is a understatement Spurs 2 - 0 Stoke 30 mins played enjoyable game so far... Warming up for the cup final.

Spurs 3 up Kane has his third hatrick in 9 games, glad he is English.
    Disappointed we didn't beat Ipswich today. :-q
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Is that still 8 games undefeated in the derby? It's difficult to call what's going to happen in the Championship, teams can drop points against anyone.

Contencious Final though coming up to half time United 2 up miraculously...

What a final Southampton were very good it was a battle, Ibra is a God and United are showing the resilience off old. What a game
  • RC7RC7
    Win.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I see Leicester can actually play football all of a sudden. Is it just because Claudio is gone, or have they got some inspiration from somewhere. Very unsporting if its the former. A big let down to any fans. But still, I can't say I'm not amused to see they beat Liverpool. That small glimmer of a chance of contending for the title, is once again slipping through their fingers.
    I would say it's the former for sure.
    Just hope Hull can beat them this weekend.
    That's a big game...
    Looks like they might be getting Hodgson.
    I cant see that being a good move and working out....
    Serves them right.
    Agreed...it's disgusting how they treated Ranieri...
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Is that still 8 games undefeated in the derby? It's difficult to call what's going to happen in the Championship, teams can drop points against anyone.

Contencious Final though coming up to half time United 2 up miraculously...

What a final Southampton were very good it was a battle, Ibra is a God and United are showing the resilience off old. What a game

I think it is which is a nice touch! :)) I must say that disallowed Southampton goal in the final must really grate on the fans. Such small decisions can really be telling come full time.
    It will only be a matter of time before replay technology will be used.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Man United 1 - 1 Bournemouth poor second half from United onto next game.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Great result for the cherries. Well played, and well deserved point for Bournemouth.
    Football.png
    Why would you put that picture in this thread ?
  • RC7RC7
    JediDunch wrote: »
    Football.png

Handball.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Football.png

Handball.

I always wondered why they call it football in the US as the majority of the game is not played with feet but with hands.

Same here.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 4,024
    Football.png

Wrongball
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think Rugby players have odd shaped balls, ..... Must be all those rucks . :D
    I think Rugby players have odd shaped balls, ..... Must be all those rucks . :D

Quality! :))

Well after yesterdays awful performance, I do believe I will have to resign myself to Championship football for another season. :(