Michael Fassbender plays it cool with 007 rumors

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    doubleoego wrote:
    I am. The question is are you?

I am calm. I just explained my simple point to you, and you went bananas.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    IT COULD EVEN BE ONE OF US. /:)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

It's probably me.

Yeah, definitely me, it's just been confirmed.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote:
    I am. The question is are you?

I am calm. I just explained my simple point to you, and you went bananas.

Bananas? Hardly. I merely read your response and reciprocated in kind.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,690

I have a hard time imagining a case where Bond #8 or Bond #9 will have been a member of a James Bond discussion forum prior in his life. The whole thing is just utterly bonkers.

I have a hard time imagining a case where Bond #8 or Bond #9 will have been a member of a James Bond discussion forum prior in his life.

It's quite enjoyable to imagine. I'll give you all a nod in a film, if EON ever needs a muscleless, pale American to play Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The biggest Bond fans could likely be the best Bonds.
    The biggest Bond fans could likely be the best Bonds.

That's how I would see it. We've seen every Bond, numerous times, and we know the mannerisms, how he acts, we've read the novels, we would be perfect.

I say they gather up the most loyal of fans of this site for an early showing of SF. Wouldn't that be a dream?
    If I could find the audition youtube video of famous Bond fan 'NETGEEK'.... you would both laugh out loud.

here's a pic of him I found on google :

mecloseupish1bc3gc.jpg

He is one of the most famous Bond fans on the internet. A ferocious anti-Craig fan who believes he was the best candidate for Brosnan's successor.
    If the internet was commercially available and sites such as this existed back in the 60s 70s and 80s, you can bet your bottom dollar Brosnan would be a resident member.
    doubleoego wrote:
    If the internet was commercially available and sites such as this existed back in the 60s 70s and 80s, you can bet your bottom dollar Brosnan would be a resident member.

but he is currently a resident member. his username is Getafix :))

@DC007, that just screams Bond. He would be perfect. Look at that hairline. I think we've found our next Bond, ladies and gentlemen.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well then, in that case, I nominate Jim Broadbent, one of my favorite actors! ;)
  • If I could find the audition youtube video of famous Bond fan 'NETGEEK'.... you would both laugh out loud.

here's a pic of him I found on google :

mecloseupish1bc3gc.jpg

He is one of the most famous Bond fans on the internet. A ferocious anti-Craig fan who believes he was the best candidate for Brosnan's successor.

Was that the troll who tried to ruin alt.fan.jamesbond with his preposterous, provocative nonsense? He went by the name Scojo IIRC...

It was sad to see how few people could resist responding to him. First rule of the internet - if you feed the troll they come back for more...

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Shardlake wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Because he will be too big by then. EON wants unknowns, and neither he nor Fassbender will be one by that point. Fassbender is already pretty big, and Hardy will definitely be known worldwide come next month, if he already isn't.

I don't think they always want unknowns. Moore and Brosnan were pretty well known by the time they became Bond, and Dalton had some fame because of Flash Gordan. And we have bigger actors in Bond films recently, look at Bardem (but not as Bond I suppose).

To be honest I'm just making excuses because I really, really want to see Hardy in a Bond film.

Seriously you are comparing Flash Gordon to blockbusters like First Class & Prometheus?When was Moore or Pierce ever connected to talk of Oscar Nomination? Fassbender & Hardy are in a completely different class to Rog or Brozzer.

Neither will want the job, until Tattoo it didn't actually give Dan the roles he deserved just a handful of misfires, both have done much better than him outside of Bond, why would they want to shackle themselves with the role?

The next Bond will be an unknown, that's the way EON likes it, they'll never stick a mega star in the role, look at Nicholson in Batman, he's never the Joker he's just Jack with make up, the reason why Ledger made his take on the character seem utterly redundant. By the time Craig is done these two will be associated with roles they'll likely have reprised, Bond needs an actor who has no baggage or history with other characters.

I was talking about Tom Hardy, who wasn't in First Class or Prometheus, and there was never talk of an oscar nom for him as far as I know. I hate the idea of Fassbender as Bond.

"Bond needs an actor who has no baggage or history with other characters"

Well The Saint was apparently pretty big, and Remmington Steele seemed popular in America. They're not movie icons but they were popular characters. And Brosnan was wanted as Bond by the public for the while and he eventually got it, who's to say another actor couldn't do the same.

And also, look at the SF cast. It's huge. This makes me think that EON would be more willing to accept a bigger star as Bond.

Both Fassbender & Hardy have been mentioned as possible Oscar noms before many people thought Fassbender's snub for Shame was a great injustice. Both actors are likely to be nominees at some point.

Moore's connection with the Saint & Brosnan with Remmington Steele are nowhere comparable first of all they were TV programs, The Saint was successful but RS was minor hit, we are talking actors that are attached to box office blockbusters, Fass is Magneto now and Hardy will long associated with Batman.

EON have never and will never likely hire huge stars to play Bond, casting them as 007 is what makes the world wide superstars not vice versa.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I have a hard time imagining a case where Bond #8 or Bond #9 will have been a member of a James Bond discussion forum prior in his life.

It's quite enjoyable to imagine. I'll give you all a nod in a film, if EON ever needs a muscleless, pale American to play Bond.

First black Bond right here :)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    If Pierce was a much as fan boy as he made out I certainly don't want anyone with the level of obsession seen on these forums in my life time playing Bond.

• Shardlake wrote:
    If Pierce was a much as fan boy as he made out I certainly don't want anyone with the level of obsession seen on these forums in my life time playing Bond.

That actually made me laugh...

You raise an interesting point, though. Think about fanfic that we read on the 'net. Oftentimes it's not very good but usually it shows a shallow understanding of character; a reliance on a few defining traits to try to sell the character - usually touchstones or tropes. Or the need to slavishly try to imitate a past take on plots or characters without bringing anything new. And of course, the *want* to write a story is there but not the talent - this would be the same with a fanboy's performance if he was trying to play Bond.

Remind you of anyone? That's why I laughed!

Creasy47 wrote:
    @doubleogo, fair enough, which doesn't alter the fact that 'The Dark Knight Rises' will be as big, if not bigger, than 'Man of Steel,' and if Hardy isn't already considered a household name, he most certainly will be come the end of July.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Cillian Murphy a major villian in Batman Begins and yet he's hardly become a household name? I'm not convinced that Hardy will be that recognisable behind that mask and minus the hair, even when he goes on the talkshow circuit and does his best to promote the movie as himself. Maybe if the new Mad Max movie is big then maybe he just might make a longer lasting impression on people, but that remains to be seen.

That said, until a better candidate is put forward, I'd rather see Cavill or Fassbender in the role when DC steps down.
    bondsum wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @doubleogo, fair enough, which doesn't alter the fact that 'The Dark Knight Rises' will be as big, if not bigger, than 'Man of Steel,' and if Hardy isn't already considered a household name, he most certainly will be come the end of July.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Cillian Murphy a major villian in Batman Begins and yet he's hardly become a household name? I'm not convinced that Hardy will be that recognisable behind that mask and minus the hair, even when he goes on the talkshow circuit and does his best to promote the movie as himself. Maybe if the new Mad Max movie is big then maybe he just might make a longer lasting impression on people, but that remains to be seen.

That said, until a better candidate is put forward, I'd rather see Cavill or Fassbender in the role when DC steps down.

Cillian's Scarecrow plays second chair to Liam's
    Ra's
    , and he doesn't do much mainstream work, so I am not surprised many don't know him. But Hardy won't be remembered for starring in TDKR, but for what he does with the role that is memorable. His performance will speak for itself, and that will be what makes him recognizable to an audience come July.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    289378172167182.jpg

Looks a bit to "snobbish", more a government executive than Bond himself...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    MartinBond wrote:
    289378172167182.jpg

Looks a bit to "snobbish", more a government executive than Bond himself...

He does look like Bond in this picture, I could see him playing 007.
    There is something missing in this face for me - can't say what though. But I can see, that some see Bond.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He kinda looks like Roger Moore...kinda.
    Germanlady wrote:
    There is something missing in this face for me - can't say what though.

A cigarette in his mouth.

edited July 2012 Posts: 40,486
    @bondsum, not only what @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, but with your logic, was Ledger recognizable to you as The Joker in 'The Dark Knight'? If I had absolutely zero knowledge of that film, and somebody showed me a still of The Joker, I doubt I could pinpoint who the actor was playing him. Ignoring his untimely, unfortunate death, he was recognized for his performance. Who says Hardy can't bring that to the role?

I'm sure we'll get a look at his face, and people will recognize him as 'that dude from Inception,' put two and two together, the film will make close to a billion, if not more, and he will be even more famous than he already is.
    Germanlady wrote:
    There is something missing in this face for me - can't say what though. But I can see, that some see Bond.

He doesn't have Dan's amazing eyes, that's for sure.
    Germanlady wrote:

He doesn't have Dan's amazing eyes, that's for sure.

I'll give it to Dan, those eyes are incredibly blue. I wish my eyes were like that.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 6,601
    doubleoego wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    There is something missing in this face for me - can't say what though.

A cigarette in his mouth.

LOL - no, that's not it. Its a handsome but uninteresting face. Apart from that wide mouth with an amazing amount of teeth in it (:O ) there is nothing you remember after having looked at him.

If you take Daniels face in comparison - whether you call it beautiful or ugly - there is always something going on, because there is so much diversity in it, which makes it possible for him to express so much with so little. So - love or hate for it - not a face, you will easily forget.
    It's simple. EON won't cast the next Bond until another 6 years. Meaning the 'natural' candidates in 2012 won't be the same 'natural' candidates people will discuss in 2015/2016.

Pierce was the natural candidate in 1986 (to the point he was signed) and much later in 1994.

Come on The Fass! snobbish? thats a good attribute to be personifying the Bond of the books.