Michael Fassbender plays it cool with 007 rumors

Comments

Creasy47 wrote:
    @bondsum, not only what @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, but with your logic, was Ledger recognizable to you as The Joker in 'The Dark Knight'? If I had absolutely zero knowledge of that film, and somebody showed me a still of The Joker, I doubt I could pinpoint who the actor was playing him. Ignoring his untimely, unfortunate death, he was recognized for his performance. Who says Hardy can't bring that to the role?

I'm sure we'll get a look at his face, and people will recognize him as 'that dude from Inception,' put two and two together, the film will make close to a billion, if not more, and he will be even more famous than he already is.
    I think the major difference between Ledger and Tom Hardy was that Ledger became big international news because of his untimely death just before the release of Dark Knight, which not only helped bring public awareness to his final movie role but also a handful of posthumous awards for his performance. (NOTE: Doctor Parnassus was incomplete and had been shelved at this point) Basically, you'd have to have been living in a cave in Tora Bora not have not heard about the death of this young gifted actor and his connection to Batman.

So far there's no reason to assume Tom Hardy will be as impressive as Heath Ledger or as infamous. He might even be playing "second chair" to Anne Hathaway's Catwoman for all we know. I bet half of you have forgotten that this very same Tom Hardy played the key villian in another big franchise... Star Trek.

I'd even wager that the average American/Brit can't even tell you the name of the actor who played the main villian in The Avengers, not without Googling it first.... and that movie is as big as the Dark Knight in terms of BO!

So, unless Tom Hardy does something newsworthy and becomes a cause célèbre, besides you comic geeks, I don't think Mr & Mrs Average Joe will know who he is come next month... IMO
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dead or alive, Heath deserved those awards. Best performance of the year.
  • Fassbender would be better than Hardy that's for sure...

Btw, Heath derserved the accolades, but You cant tell he studied Malcom Mcdowell in "A clockwork Orange".
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Fassbender would definitely be better than Hardy, but neither will ever be Bond.
  • yeah, probably wont. as long as they have great scripts and a great director, the series will be fine...

It really doesnt matter .if a non actor like Lanzo can pull it off, which he did.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I think we a pretty much guaranteed he won't be Bond now, he's attached to a computer game franchise Assassins Creed which if it's a hit will see him reprise the roles in sequels. Maybe if it had been round the time of 300 and Hunger when the role had become vacant again we might have seen a possibility but now no chance.

Prometheus sequel has also been green lit X-men First Class 2 is on the way and he also has plenty of offers from big directors wanting him in their films, with also his work with Steve McQueen he's just got too much on his plate. He's too big now and wouldn't want the role and EON won't cast a star as Bond, you'll see a big name director in the chair before they put a mega star in the role.

As for Hardy TDKR has made him a house hold name by now and he's filming The Mad Max reboot with George Miller at the moment, he has Lawless in September, like Fassbender he'll have big name directors beating at his door, Bond is the last thing he'll be wanting to do.

Shardlake wrote:
    I think we a pretty much guaranteed he won't be Bond now, he's attached to a computer game franchise Assassins Creed which if it's a hit will see him reprise the roles in sequels. Maybe if it had been round the time of 300 and Hunger when the role had become vacant again we might have seen a possibility but now no chance.

Prometheus sequel has also been green lit X-men First Class 2 is on the way and he also has plenty of offers from big directors wanting him in their films, with also his work with Steve McQueen he's just got too much on his plate. He's too big now and wouldn't want the role and EON won't cast a star as Bond, you'll see a big name director in the chair before they put a mega star in the role.

As for Hardy TDKR has made him a house hold name by now and he's filming The Mad Max reboot with George Miller at the moment, he has Lawless in September, like Fassbender he'll have big name directors beating at his door, Bond is the last thing he'll be wanting to do.

Thank you. It's what I was trying to say before it released, but not many people cared to listen. Once you start to get truly noticed and are big, it's unlikely you'll become James Bond. Like I've said before, the next James Bond could even be someone we have never heard of.

edited August 2012 Posts: 4,043
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:

Thank you. It's what I was trying to say before it released, but not many people cared to listen. Once you start to get truly noticed and are big, it's unlikely you'll become James Bond. Like I've said before, the next James Bond could even be someone we have never heard of.

I think you might be right, he might be on some peoples radar but like Craig he'll be a relative unknown.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm surprised the likes if Gardy and Fassbender are still being submitted as candidates. With the new trailers for SF and the Olympics skit, Craig isn't going anywhere and from the looks of things, he's going to do a more phenomenal job and quite frankly i hope for him to remain in the role for a good few movies.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    I'm surprised the likes if Gardy and Fassbender are still being submitted as candidates. With the new trailers for SF and the Olympics skit, Craig isn't going anywhere and from the looks of things, he's going to do a more phenomenal job and quite frankly i hope for him to remain in the role for a good few movies.

Craig might carry on for a few more films, and yeah he'll probably do a good job, but he isn't going to be Bond forever, like it or not. I don't see anything wrong with discussing who the next Bond might be.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 4,043
    There is nothing wrong with discussing the next Bond but suggesting Fassbender or Hardy are possibles is like flogging a dead horse, they are out of the equation it's time to move on.

On the subject of Craig in Skyfall from the recent trailers I would agree he seems to have found his fully fledged Bond and as a staunch advocate of his appointment I look forward to at least another 2 entries with him after Skyfall.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    doubleoego wrote:

What is your point ? This thread has been going on for years... why try to stop the discussion now ?
    edited August 2012 Posts: 11,139
    doubleoego wrote:

Craig might carry on for a few more films, and yeah he'll probably do a good job, but he isn't going to be Bond forever, like it or not. I don't see anything wrong with discussing who the next Bond might be.

Neither do I and I never gave the impression that I did. I was talking about Hardy and Fassbender specifically. It's just not going to happen with either of these 2 actors.
    doubleoego wrote:

What is your point ? This thread has been going on for years... why try to stop the discussion now ?

Use your eyes and apply your brain. I was talking about Hardy and Fassbender only and not other possible castings in general. Also, if this thread has been going on for years abd there's no sign whatsoever to suggest Craig is quitting the role anytime soon, common sense dictates that the likelihood if Fassbender taking on the role is getting smaller and smaller bevermind the fact that his star power and recognition is rising. The education system these days has failed so many people because it's quite clear some people can't read.
    Edit
  • You said Hardy and Fassbender but then you went on to say how Craig is going to be there for years, he'll be brilliant, etc, which gave the impression that you didn't want to talk about who the next Bond might be.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    You said Hardy and Fassbender but then you went on to say how Craig is going to be there for years, he'll be brilliant, etc, which gave the impression that you didn't want to talk about who the next Bond might be.

What @doubleoego means is now it still too early for search talk, at least if we expect to guess the correct person, that why the comments on Craig were made. And of course Hardy and Fassbender are both out but that's obvious, we all understand that point!
    @Samuel001, sadly, I don't believe everyone understands that Fassbender and Hardy are most certainly out.

You said Hardy and Fassbender but then you went on to say how Craig is going to be there for years, he'll be brilliant, etc, which gave the impression that you didn't want to talk about who the next Bond might be.

How old are Fassbender and Hardy? In their mid 30s? If Craig is in the role for at least a few more movies and baring in mind the star power of said actors are increasing, does it bit stand to reason that it's likely they'll be out if the running? Which is all I implied and again the reason why I mentioned those 2 in particular. I thought and believe I made myself clear first time around.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 6,601
    I think, its high time for us, to not let ourselves getting all worked up over DC007's posts anymore. The earlier the better, me included. It just leads to nothing then negativity.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @doubleoego sorry, I misunderstood your post then, I know those 2 are out of the running.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    What @doubleoego means is now it still too early for search talk, at least if we expect to guess the correct person

We have basically no chance of guessing the correct person right now, but like I said before, Craig is good but won't be Bond forever, so I don't see any harm in tossing out a few names that could make good Bonds in the future. I think Craig will retire somewhere around 2015-2020, hopefully we get a film every 2 years until then.
    Germanlady wrote:
    I think, its high time for us, to not let ourselves getting all worked up over DC007's posts anymore. The earlier the better, me included. It just leads to nothing then negativity.

I don't always agree with him but I enjoy his posts. They're entertaining.
    No problem @livingroyale. Glad we cleared that up :-bd

Really? In all honesty, WHAT is entertaining about his posts?
    I have put glued my fingers on the table to restrain from writing, what's on my tongue...(nothing against you royale ;) )
    doubleoego wrote:
    No problem @livingroyale. Glad we cleared that up :-bd

Same :)
    Germanlady wrote:

Really? In all honesty, WHAT is entertaining about his posts?
    I have put glued my fingers on the table to restrain from writing, what's on my tongue...(nothing against you royale ;) )

Hahaha, that's good then. I just think some of the stuff he says is funny and entertaining,even if I don't always agree. Like on the thread about the new 007 Legends game, where he was going on about none of the other Bonds being included, or when he says how good all the Moore films are.
    Aha, well...then we differ in what we value as entertainment :D
  • I think Jim Parsons of "the big bang theory" should be up for the part.

I think Jim Parsons of "the big bang theory" should be up for the part.

:)) Good one.

Wait, you weren't serious were you? Don't get me wrong I like the guy but, just look at him. He looks nothing like Bond.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    He's 39 as well. We need to go younger.
    He's 39?!?!?!?!?!?!?! He looks younger than me!

Yeah you're right @samuel, we should probably be looking at actors in their late 20s/early 30s.
  • of course I was joking-this forum needs some humor-it is lacking in that department. yeah, Jim is older than Fassbender..

It will be somebody nobody has ever heard of. If this new one is good, maybe Craig will stay on till he is 50. Why not?! As long as the scripts are tight.