Michael Fassbender plays it cool with 007 rumors

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I don't see were the badly aging comments come in. I think Craig still looks very good for his age, personally.
    I think he looks good for his age now, but I think he's aged pretty quickly since CR and I don't like the idea of any Bond actor carrying on over 55.
    Well if anybody can complain about how old Roger looks than Craig is fair game too. He does look a lot older than in CR but if he can keep up his physical interpretation of 007 it is fine with me.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11,425
    I think he looks good for his age now, but I think he's aged pretty quickly since CR and I don't like the idea of any Bond actor carrying on over 55.

He's nowhere near 55 is he?

But, for ageing well you have to look at Sir Rog. How old was he when he started? Not far off DC's age now?

No chance DC will be able to pull it off as long as Rog did, IMO.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Getafix wrote:

But, for ageing well you have to look at Sir Rog. How old was he when he started? Not far off DC's age now?

I think he's in his mid to late 40s, but I'm saying it depends how fast they get the films out. He definetly has 1 or 2 more in him after SF, but if he looks too old after that I wouldn't want him sticking around for the sake of it. I'm saying if he's in his 50s by the time Bond 26 is in production, I wouldn't want him to play the part anymore.

Yes, lets look at Sir Rog, and how old he looked by AVTAK because EON kept him on, just because he was popular. I love his Bond but I would've liked Roger to end his tenture after MR or FYEO.
    Getafix wrote:

I think he's in his mid to late 40s, but I'm saying it depends how fast they get the films out. He definetly has 1 or 2 more in him after SF, but if he looks too old after that I wouldn't want him sticking around for the sake of it. I'm saying if he's in his 50s by the time Bond 26 is in production, I wouldn't want him to play the part anymore.

Yes, lets look at Sir Rog, and how old he looked by AVTAK because EON kept him on, just because he was popular. I love his Bond but I would've liked Roger to end his tenture after MR or FYEO.

Idon't think DC will make more than 5. Even that might be pushing it. The delay ingetting out SF has robbed us of an extra DC movie but at least we didn't lose DC like we did Dalts.
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Idon't think DC will make more than 5. Even that might be pushing it. The delay ingetting out SF has robbed us of an extra DC movie but at least we didn't lose DC like we did Dalts.

I miss Dalts :((
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 6,601
    I think, he will do 4 or 5 at best, which is ok, considering that his Bond has a physical side, you haven't seen before and he is doing lots and lots of stuff himself and wouldn't want to leave it to the stunt guys - rather say "Good Bye" I agree...

He was too thin for some time, which isn't good for his looks. With enough meat on his bones and face, he looks much better. Even in this Bond film, you can see him being fuller and less so.

As for the Fassbender hype - personally I don't rate him as Bond or at all - there sure will be some interesting guy around, when the time is due. Also he is not a young looking one either - 10 years younger then DC but looking older then he is already, too.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote:

No chance DC will be able to pull it off as long as Rog did, IMO.
    Obviously. Dan doesn't beat a dead horse.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Germanlady wrote:
    I think, he will do 4 or 5 at best, which is ok, considering that his Bond has a physical side, you haven't seen before and he is doing lots and lots of stuff himself and wouldn't want to leave it to the stunt guys - rather say "Good Bye" I agree...

He was too thin for some time, which isn't good for his looks. With enough meat on his bones and face, he looks much better. Even in this Bond film, you can see him being fuller and less so.

As for the Fassbender hype - personally I don't rate him as Bond or at all - there sure will be some interesting guy around, when the time is due. Also he is not a young looking one either - 10 years younger then DC but looking older then he is already, too.

Craig is aging fast but Fassbender is aging faster. You hit the right question GL. Considering that he is 10 years younger than Craig and the two look almost the same age, it's scary to think how he will look when he reaches Craig's age. I guess Fassbender will look just right to play an aging Fleming!?
    I think maybe Idris Elbra could do it, not sure how old he is but he looks young enough. When Craig retires (which I think will be after his 4th or 5th film), I think it should probably be a more unknown actor.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think maybe Idris Elbra could do it, not sure how old he is but he looks young enough. When Craig retires (which I think will be after his 4th or 5th film), I think it should probably be a more unknown actor.

So, not Idris...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

So, not Idris...

Definitely not Idris. Around the time CR came out, I wondered how long Henry Cavill would remain unknown, but, it looks like Henry won't be Bond, either.
    Creasy47 wrote:

So, not Idris...

Definitely not Idris. Around the time CR came out, I wondered how long Henry Cavill would remain unknown, but, it looks like Henry won't be Bond, either.

Well, Brandon Routh played Superman and fell back into the ether again.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, Brandon WHO? Oh yeah. That guy.

You do have a point there, though: Henry still doesn't seem that famous after 'Immortals,' who knows how 'Man of Steel' will turn out, and I've no idea what 'The Great Wall' will be like. Time will tell. He's got the Bond look about him, so if he remains in the unknown, perhaps his time will come when Craig's time ends.

Or, they could just pick me as Bond. That would work, too.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, Brandon WHO? Oh yeah. That guy.

You do have a point there, though: Henry still doesn't seem that famous after 'Immortals,' who knows how 'Man of Steel' will turn out, and I've no idea what 'The Great Wall' will be like. Time will tell. He's got the Bond look about him, so if he remains in the unknown, perhaps his time will come when Craig's time ends.

Or, they could just pick me as Bond. That would work, too.

I could see girls obsessed with Henry for hormonal lovey dovey reasons, but ask the common male (the group that will flock heavily to Bond films), and many may scratch their heads.
    I wonder how many women rushed to see CR after the 'blue shorts' incident that Craig endured.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I wonder how many women rushed to see CR after the 'blue shorts' incident that Craig endured.

Apparently that scene was spur of the moment, and wasn't even supposed to be included in the first place. I imagine Babs snuck into the editing room and tossed it in. You know, after she paused and rewound the tape over, and over, and over for a few hours.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's what I meant: the water wasn't supposed to be that low. I'm sure Babs quite enjoyed herself with that one.

Speaking of both Cavill and Fassbender, they played in a low-budget horror film together that (surprisingly) was pretty good, called 'Blood Creek.' Pretty popular cast for such a small time movie.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's what I meant: the water wasn't supposed to be that low. I'm sure Babs quite enjoyed herself with that one.

Speaking of both Cavill and Fassbender, they played in a low-budget horror film together that (surprisingly) was pretty good, called 'Blood Creek.' Pretty popular cast for such a small time movie.
    I'll look into the film.

EDIT: You didn't say it was a Schumacher film! YUCK!!!
    Why is everyone in such a rush to get rid of Craig? He's doing a phenominal job, his films are making the most money since the 70s, and he's a critically acclaimed choice. It's his era, let him enjoy it. Besides he's contracted until atleast Bond 25 so he's not going anywhere anytime soon. By that time Fassbender might be too old to debut, especially if the gaps between films are longer than 2 years.

Fassbender and Tom Hardy seem to be the two most popular choices but honestly I can't see either one of them taking up the mantle. Hardy's simply not "cool" enough and Fassbender just lacks the weight of Connery or Craig. That doesn't mean he's not intense, he just lacks that gravitas. Plus I think he might look alittle too effeminate. Atleast at this point.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Why is everyone in such a rush to get rid of Craig? He's doing a phenominal job, his films are making the most money since the 70s, and he's a critically acclaimed choice. It's his era, let him enjoy it. Besides he's contracted until atleast Bond 25 so he's not going anywhere anytime soon. By that time Fassbender might be too old to debut, especially if the gaps between films are longer than 2 years.

Fassbender and Tom Hardy seem to be the two most popular choices but honestly I can't see either one of them taking up the mantle. Hardy's simply not "cool" enough and Fassbender just lacks the weight of Connery or Craig. That doesn't mean he's not intense, he just lacks that gravitas. Plus I think he might look alittle too effeminate. Atleast at this point.

They can speak for themselves. Dan is the man, RHYME INTENDED. I want him to keep going until at least 50, and I really think he has enthusiasm for at least two more for sure.

They can speak for themselves. Dan is the man, RHYME INTENDED. I want him to keep going until at least 50, and I really think he has enthusiasm for at least two more for sure.

I think so too. And if there are 2 year gaps between films I don't see why he can't go 1 film beyond and retire at age 50 with Bond 26 in 2018. 50 is my cut-off age and generally I think Bond actors ahouldn't go beyond that. Except for Roger Moore who really didn't start showing his age until Octopussy at 55.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    That's a big if though. We might get Bond 24 in 2 years but I'd be pretty suprised if they managed to keep up a 2 year release schedule until Craig turns 50.

Anyway, my choices are Tom Hardy, Idris Elbra (but he might be too old by then), or an unknown actor.
    That's a big if though. We might get Bond 24 in 2 years but I'd be pretty suprised if they managed to keep up a 2 year release schedule until Craig turns 50.

Anyway, my choices are Tom Hardy, Idris Elbra (but he might be too old by then), or an unknown actor.

Even if it takes longer than 2 years between Bond 24 and 25 Im sure he'll atleast be 49 or just turning 50 by the time Bond 25 rolls around. Especially since alot of the studio's legal problems have been cleared up. I doubt it'd be any longer than 3 years. Mark my words before Daniel Craig blows out his birthday candles on his 50th birthday he will have had 5 Bond films to his credit.
    Well? With Bonds 24 and 25 in the pipeline? I think we are definately looking at TWO more Daniel Craig movies? Hopefully resolving the Quasntum issue which i would love to see!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,694
    Craig will do 5 movies tops. That brings us to 2016, and who knows if at that point the general public will still demand the current direction the franchise is at now.

Just like people are over-hyping Skyfall, and will be disappointed even if the film is 'great' and not 'perfect', people are over-hyping the lenght of the tenure, and will be disappointed if DC doesn't make 8 films, even if Craig does 3 last great films (SF, B24 and B25).
    If SF is great, and B24 and B25 are great, then I wouldn't see a problem with him continuing until a contract runs up, he tires of the role (or age hits him), or they decide to go with a new actor and a new direction. But, that is years away, and a lot of factors can change in that span of time, like @DC007 stated: the audience may not like the direction of the franchise then, or more so than they do now.
    After seeing Haywire recently I would be very disappointed if Fassbender was not announced as Bond mk 7. He has been firmly on the radar since Inglorious Bastards.

As much as I like Craig and am looking forward to skyfall, the prospect of Fass becoming the next Bond has built up the most anticipation I’ve ever had for when an actor finally hangs up his holster. Previously I’d be thinking- “no, do another”.

Maybe it’s just been the long absence of Craig’s Bond and I’ll change my mind after skyfall.
    Either way, he’ll propably be too big for Bond by the time it comes round and we may end up with someone like Tom Hardy who you would think as a Craig clone.
    @grunther, not only do I not want Tom Hardy as Bond - he just doesn't really have the look for it - I think he's already big enough: This Means War, Inception, and after next month, he will have the role of main villain in Nolan's trilogy ending 'The Dark Knight Rises' under his belt: he will be huge, if he isn't already seen as such.