SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Strelik wrote: »
    How would you react if they announced HANS ZIMMER as the composer of the movie?
    It depends. Given Hans Zimmer's previous scores, I would react negatively. However, a week ago, Zimmer announced he has permanently abandoned his previous "bombastic" style of soundtrack orchestration in favor of a subtler, spartan approach. Supposedly, "Interstellar" will mark the debut of Zimmer's newer, subtler style.

Hence, who knows what Zimmer's (hypothetical) Bond 24 score would sound like.
    Yikes. Subtle or not, Interstellar had the most annoying score I´ve heard since The Golden Compass.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Hans Zimmer is capable of the best and of the worst. He tends to be repetitive in his motifs but when he's in an inspired mood we get something like his Holmes scores which are nothing short of brilliant. If he were to be announced as composer I would hold my opinion until I heard the score ;)
  • i'm still hoping that Thomas Newman will come back for a second round. His SF score is one that has really grown on me over time. The problem I have with Hans Zimmer is that he seems to score every single franchise/big blockbuster film out there. Of his most recent scores I really liked was from Ron Howard's RUSH. I am sure Mendes wants Thomas Newman but I am not even sure thats a given. I read somewhere that Newman had a less than pleasant experience scoring SF (not sure if this is true).
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    To add local flavor to the "Bond house" in Obertilliach, production crew is relocating unused and derelict wooden shacks from the area.

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/k/kaernten/osttirol/4589537/OBERTILLIACH_Fur-BondDreh-siedeln-Schupfen-um-?_vl_backlink=/k/politik/4589819/index.do

984CE27C-58E0-4521-A747-2F74DAD5F089_v0_h.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I agree. I haven't seen Interstellar yet though.

Go and see it. However, be warned it's not a typical scifi blockbuster. It's an entertaining study of love and humanity with brilliant performances all round. It's an ambitious movie that's more of a personal project than a studio vehicle.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    To add local flavor to the "Bond house" in Obertilliach, production crew is relocating unused and derelict wooden shacks from the area.

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/k/kaernten/osttirol/4589537/OBERTILLIACH_Fur-BondDreh-siedeln-Schupfen-um-?_vl_backlink=/k/politik/4589819/index.do

984CE27C-58E0-4521-A747-2F74DAD5F089_v0_h.jpg

The people at Kleine Zeitung are doing a great job covering this production, congratulations to them. It looks like some people are not very happy of them moving the old sheds, even though they are only using the really old and degraded ones.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    How did they move them? Drive old Aston Martins threw them? :D ..sorry lame TLD reference ...and attempt at humor ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) " Time to leave"
    I think it's now safe to say now that Austria will show up as Austria in the film.
  • yes, and this is really cool :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Good point, Austria it is ! :)
    Sandy wrote: »
    Hans Zimmer is capable of the best and of the worst. He tends to be repetitive in his motifs but when he's in an inspired mood we get something like his Holmes scores which are nothing short of brilliant.
    Even in his best scores, at least 60-70% is filler noise. I give him that sometimes the remaining 30-40% contain brilliance. But not often. Holmes has some really brilliant stuff, such as the low heavy metal bass violins near the start of the first one, or the moment the dock explodes in Holmes´ and Watson´s face, but it´s main theme is cheesy as hell.

boldfinger wrote: »
    Hans Zimmer is capable of the best and of the worst. He tends to be repetitive in his motifs but when he's in an inspired mood we get something like his Holmes scores which are nothing short of brilliant.
    Even in his best scores, at least 60-70% is filler noise. I give him that sometimes the remaining 30-40% contain brilliance. But not often. Holmes has some really brilliant stuff, such as the low heavy metal bass violins near the start of the first one, or the moment the dock explodes in Holmes´ and Watson´s face, but it´s main theme is cheesy as hell.

But at least it is original /:)
    I think it's now safe to say now that Austria will show up as Austria in the film.

Pure speculation from my part (and a bit of wishful thinking): Austria, winter elements, I think Bond 24 may be freely inspired from OHMSS, at least regarding the setting.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    doubleoego wrote: »

Go and see it. However, be warned it's not a typical scifi blockbuster. It's an entertaining study of love and humanity with brilliant performances all round. It's an ambitious movie that's more of a personal project than a studio vehicle.

Okay thanks... I'm sold.
    boldfinger wrote: »

But at least it is original /:)
    It doesn´t sound like it, that´s my problem. It sounds kind of known, too much so for my taste.

• Ludovico wrote: »

Pure speculation from my part (and a bit of wishful thinking): Austria, winter elements, I think Bond 24 may be freely inspired from OHMSS, at least regarding the setting.

Well, not entirely. Basically they will film in Austria, with our without cast, with 1st or 2nd unit or both, from this month till mid February.

Maybe they will do some Pinewood-stuff in between. But the real filming in Marokko and Italy (Rome) will most likely only start end of February, early March.

Well, if we have to believe @JamesBondDE and 'Die Kleine Zeitung'.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    We are two days less than a month before the Bond 24 press conference. It was two days less than a month before the "Skyfall" press conference when its title was leaked onto the internet. Could we be seeing a leaked title very soon?
    Ludovico wrote: »

Well, not entirely. Basically they will film in Austria, with our without cast, with 1st or 2nd unit or both, from this month till mid February.

Maybe they will do some Pinewood-stuff in between. But the real filming in Marokko and Italy (Rome) will most likely only start end of February, early March.

Okay, so Austria may not be as heavily featured. As I said, it is wishful thinking. I still think there may be some elements, if only atmospheric ones, they could use from the novel.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

Okay, so Austria may not be as heavily featured. As I said, it is wishful thinking. I still think there may be some elements, if only atmospheric ones, they could use from the novel.

I actually meant to say .... Austria will be featured heavily in the movie.
    Oh I thought you meant Italy and Morocco will be more so. My bet: OHMSS will freely inspire the movie.
    doubleoego wrote: »

H5 :) I really liked it, too, and was, in fact, pleasantly surprised by it.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    i'm still hoping that Thomas Newman will come back for a second round. His SF score is one that has really grown on me over time. The problem I have with Hans Zimmer is that he seems to score every single franchise/big blockbuster film out there. Of his most recent scores I really liked was from Ron Howard's RUSH. I am sure Mendes wants Thomas Newman but I am not even sure thats a given. I read somewhere that Newman had a less than pleasant experience scoring SF (not sure if this is true).

The composer is of great interest to me. If it's not Newman, then it's probably up in the air. I don't think EON will go back to Arnold with Mendes on board. So it really is going to be interesting, & is a critical element if they want to make the movie a classic for the ages, so they'd better not mess it up!
  • bondjames wrote: »
    i'm still hoping that Thomas Newman will come back for a second round. His SF score is one that has really grown on me over time. The problem I have with Hans Zimmer is that he seems to score every single franchise/big blockbuster film out there. Of his most recent scores I really liked was from Ron Howard's RUSH. I am sure Mendes wants Thomas Newman but I am not even sure thats a given. I read somewhere that Newman had a less than pleasant experience scoring SF (not sure if this is true).

The composer is of great interest to me. If it's not Newman, then it's probably up in the air. I don't think EON will go back to Arnold with Mendes on board. So it really is going to be interesting, & is a critical element if they want to make the movie a classic for the ages, so they'd better not mess it up!

Why don't you think EON would want Arnold if Newman doesn't return? Arnold appears to still be on very good terms with the producers. He also met with Mendes prior to Skyfall and amicably agreed with Mendes's wish to use Newman, so there's no bad blood there. And Arnold has only ever said he would love to continue scoring Bond films. Plus Mendes himself about-faced with Purvis and Wade after replacing them on Skyfall and asked them back for B24. I think Arnold is the most likely choice if not Newman.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    He also met with Mendes prior to Skyfall and amicably agreed with Mendes's wish to use Newman, so there's no bad blood there. And Arnold has only ever said he would love to continue scoring Bond films. Plus Mendes himself about-faced with Purvis and Wade after replacing them on Skyfall and asked them back for B24. I think Arnold is the most likely choice if not Newman.

I just have a feeling that with Newman winning the Oscar (and Adele too), they may go in another direction rather than backwards if they can't get him again. They're pushing the envelope in other artistic areas (cinematography in particular), so they may do so with the composer as well. Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but it's also a feeling I have.

Arnold has not been all that appreciated critically (awards wise) for any of his Bond scores apart from being nominated for a grammy for You Know My Name
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I have a feeling they are trying to get Hans Zimmer. I was really curious to find out that someone on this forum stated that Barbra Broc. was attending one of his shows live. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if she really did attend I'm sure she would be contemplating how Hans would be with Bond, especially since Hans has left such a legacy on movie soundtracks in the last decade.
    I think Mendes will want Newman and not want Arnold. Having said that, if Newman does turn it down, I suppose Arnold is still the most obvious choice. Everyone else is just speculation.
    I have a feeling they are trying to get Hans Zimmer.

I wouldn't mind Zimmer to have a go. I realize it's speculation,

I like his Angels and Demons score in particular and parts of Sherlock Holmes 2.

As I said, EON seems to be going for big names in the artistic dept. these days, which leads me to feel Arnold is done. I could be wrong. Let's see.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Getafix wrote: »
    I think Mendes will want Newman and not want Arnold. Having said that, if Newman does turn it down, I suppose Arnold is still the most obvious choice. Everyone else is just speculation.

Arnold has denied it twice though.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Arnold isn't exactly a "small" name anymore. He's scored other movies outside of Bond including very famous films such as Stargate Independence Day and Godzilla (being a flop aside.)