The former RIP and birthday thread

12346»

Comments

• edited September 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Happy Birthday to not only the best Bond, but one of the greatest legends of cinema! May you have many more years ahead of you, Sir Sean! <:-P
    safe_image.php?d=AQD5wVAlxlWybZmN&url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2F6%2F6a%2FSeanConneryJune08_crop.jpg
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

That about sums it up for me as well. Belated Happy Birthday to the original and best!

• edited September 2012 Posts: 5,634
    Salma Hayek - 46 years old today

Keanu Reeves - 48 years old today !

Jimmy Conmnors - 60 Years old today !

Bill Shankly- Manchester United soccer legend and former club manager who did very well - would of been 99 years old today !

Brian Westbrook, former NFL Philadelphia Eagles - 33 years old today

Today we said goodbye to

Bob Denver - 2005

JR Tolkien (lord of the rings) - 1973

Jose Melendez (animator, producer and director) - 2008

got a lot to do today, so that's it for now. Play nice
  • Salma is HOT! 8-}
  • Reeves is 48?!?!?!?!?!?! Well there goes any chance of Bill and Ted 3.
    Heart sank when i heard Hal David had passed away. The man behind "We have all the time in the world".

RIP Hal David
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Heart sank when i heard Hal David had passed away. The man behind "We have all the time in the world".

RIP Hal David

I'm thankful another has heard of and is saddened by his passing.

As it stands, I reckon very few fans even know he's died.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

RIP Hal David

I'm thankful another has heard of and is saddened by his passing.

As it stands, I reckon very few fans even know he's died.

Wrote many a classic song samuel! Been on the news here quite abit and rightly so! A true song writing legend!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Damn, Michael Clarke Duncan died today :(

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8_bWvtYFGrdB3oO8GYbXxu0TOIx0trMzjlze3MfIty630GOVGWg&t=1
  • Charlie Sheen is 47 today.

Happy birthday you crazy bastard <:-P
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Damn, Michael Clarke Duncan died today :(

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8_bWvtYFGrdB3oO8GYbXxu0TOIx0trMzjlze3MfIty630GOVGWg&t=1
    <b>NO!</b>

I'll honor his memory by watching The Green Mile within the next days.

Rest in peace, Mr. Duncan, I'm sad to see you go so soon :(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oh my...I have no words. RIP Michael...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    michael_clarke_duncan1.jpg
    Scorpion King (2002)

The Greenmile
    Daredevil
    The Island

Rip
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP, Michael. I was just thinking about him the other day in curiosity of if he would return for the next 'Sin City' film; he was such a great villain in the first. You will be missed.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    What the? I was just thinking of The Green Mile yesterday. Very sad news indeed. RIP.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just saw him in Armageddon just a couple of days ago. He truly was the kindest giant the world will ever know.
    I just saw him in Armageddon just a couple of days ago. He truly was the kindest giant the world will ever know.

I'm ashamed to say I've never seen the film the whole way through. I told my mom about his passing tonight, and she said she loved him in it, so I really need to put it high up on my list of films I have to watch.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'm ashamed to say I've never seen the film the whole way through. I told my mom about his passing tonight, and she said she loved him in it, so I really need to put it high up on my list of films I have to watch.

I haven't seen it all either. I can't watch it for too long, as the writing is just kind of mediocre and eye-roll inducing. And it's a Michael Bay film...
    Michael Bay just kills it for me. But, I have seen films of his I've loved, such as 'The Green Mile' and 'Sin City,' so that's good enough for me. RIP, Michael. Too many greats have been taken from us lately.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Michael Bay just kills it for me. But, I have seen films of his I've loved, such as 'The Green Mile' and 'Sin City,' so that's good enough for me. RIP, Michael. Too many greats have been taken from us lately.
    Yes, it is so sad to see him gone so young. If only it was the other Michael...
    ed02bb_395071.jpg
    That is probably how it'll end too...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 14,882
    Okay after a suggestion from Disco, which makes alot of sense, I think we should split this thread in two.
    So we'll create a two new threads for birthdays, and one for anyone who sadly passes away.
  • oo7oo7
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Benny wrote:
    Okay after a suggestion from Disco, which makes alot of sense, I think we should split this thread in two.
    So we'll create two new threads for birthdays, and one for anyone who sadly passes away.
    tbh i think you should lock this thread and start a fresh one for both of those. i just scanned up the page to see if you changed the topic and say Connery's face...in the rip thread...

This discussion has been closed.