The former RIP and birthday thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I just read that it was an accidental overdose of pills, which is even worse. RIP Sage, and condolences go out to Sly and his family.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I hope Stallone is allowed some peace and serenity in the next couple of weeks / months. Publicity for The Expendables II can be left in the hands of his co-stars.
    I wish we didn't have to worry about those types of things. Now, everyone will be gagging for a chance to get right in his face and quiz him on all-things his son. It's disgusting. But, the paparazzi will do as they please, and I do hope he gets some time to stop filming and do what he needs to do.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It was a shock to read that. 36?! That's no age at all. RIP Sage. My thoughts go out to his family.
    Even worse news to come out about Sage's unfortunate passing: it has been ruled that he has been dead for anywhere from three or four days to a week before he was found. Incredibly tragic. RIP Sage.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Sylvester Stallone's 36-year old son, Sage, just died of an overdose:
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/13/sage-stallone-dead-sylvester-stallone-son-dies-dead/

Wow. Stallone is one of my favourite actors and nobody should outlive their kid. RIP.

He was in Rocky V when he was a kid, hard to belive he was 36.
    Sorry once again to the Stallone family on this recent news..

On a more lighter note, today is Bastille Day, so have a good time all our French participants, there are one or two, should be some celebrations in Paris today for sure

Swedish star director Ingmar Bergman would of been 94 years old today, as would of been our former president Gerald Ford, 99 years old today (died 2006)

we said goodbye today to the short lived William H Bonney (aka Billy the Kid) 131 years ago on this day. Worth a watch even, of Young Guns If I had a copy..
    RIP Celeste Holm, who has passed away at the age of 95.
    I only know her as Aunt Polly in the 1973 version of Tom Sawyer but her record shows a great resume. R.I.P.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy Birthday to one of the most prettiest not to mention multi-talented actress/singer/dancer, Virginia Katherine McMath, known to the world as Ginger Rogers. Today would've marked her 101st birthday.

ginger_rogers.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    RIP Celeste Holm, who has passed away at the age of 95.

A good innings. And one of Frank's most famous duets.

• edited July 2012 Posts: 2,782
    No more Smoke on Water - Jon Lord another Rock legend gone:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18864409
    RIP Today to the twenty-one people who lost their lives at the McDonalds shooting in San Diego this day in 1984

I was staying with relatives in Bakersfield at the time and it was all over the news for days thereafter, I remember it almost like yesterday. Today is the 28th anniversary of that awful incident. I just wanted to acknowledge the people who died that day and wasn't sure where else to put it. May they rest in peace

http://www.sdpolicemuseum.com/McDonalds.html
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 1,644
    Just saw Jaws in cinema in London few days ago , f-in wicked......now both producers are gone.
    We lost one of our country's greatest names in space exploration today

Sally Ride has passed away in California at a mere 61 years of age after a battle against cancer. She was the first woman in space (US) and the youngest female ever to go into orbit in 1983 at 32 years old. RIP to her and her immediate family and loved ones
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sherman Hemsley, master funny man, is dead. RIP to a comedy legend.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20614528,00.html

The Governator is 65.....happy b-day , Arnie !

Gonna watch Arnie all evening : T1 , Conan and of course Raw Iron docu ;)
    Schwarzenegger was about 36 in Commando (1985) so therefore 41 by the time of Total Recall, therefore, I make the Austrian about 63 this calendar year. Only one way to find out, and lo and behold Mr Schwarzenegger is indeed 65 now, I was unaware, thought maybe a year or two younger for sure. Quite surprised even

Into August now

:O

and today will be none of than - Sam Mendes (Skyfall Director) - 47 Years

Coolio (Gangstas Paradise) - 49 Years

Lionel Bart (From Russia With Love) - would of been 82 Years today
    edited August 2012 Posts: 40,500
    Happy Birthday, Sam Mendes! I can't wait to see the absolute beauty that appears to be SF delivered to my local theaters in November.
    It could be an absolute stinker for all we know

Point being, Yes big things are expected, but I'll wait until time or release before getting my expectations up too much. The bigger the expectations, the greater the drops is all I'm saying. But Yes, it should be a successful event
    @Baltimore_007, not always. Out of everything I've seen so far, the film looks wonderful. Yes, anything runs the risk of being terrible, but I have high hopes and big feelings for the movie, so I'm sure it will live up to my thoughts.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Giancarlo Giannini (Mathis) celebrate his 70th Birthday.
  • It could be an absolute stinker for all we know

Point being, Yes big things are expected, but I'll wait until time or release before getting my expectations up too much. The bigger the expectations, the greater the drops is all I'm saying. But Yes, it should be a successful event

That's basically how I feel. When people rave about how SF will win Oscars and how it's the best Bond film ever I just ignore it, because I don't want to get my hopes up, and too much hype can hurt a film (see Prometheus).

RIP Geoffery Hughes, dead from cancer at only 68. Shame, he was great in The Royle Family.
    Giannini is already 70? He looks great for the age.

Gore Vidal has died at the age of 86.
    RIP Marilyn Monroe, 50 years today.

MarilynMonroe10.jpg

RIP Aziz 'Zyzz' Sergeyevich Shavershian, 1 year today. Changed my life, miss you everyday.

tumblr_m5co6oYhtY1qbgej8o1_1280.jpg

Both taken too young.
    I had no idea. RIP Marilyn, you are greatly, greatly missed.
    Marilyn Monroe, what a woman! I was born 20 years after she died, but I've come to love her through film, music and certain pictures. ;-)
    Never was much of a fan of Monroe, even to this day conspiracy theorists persist about the nature of events leading up to her death, not a name that garners too much attention to me, but Rest in peace Ms Monroe half a century after you left us..

Today was also our Presidents own anniversary as Obama celebrated his 51st today

**==

Some damn nice stuff right there ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    marilyn_monroe_4.jpg
    Praise the angel that visited this earth for just 36 short years, yet left such a palpable legacy. I fell in love with her the first time I laid eyes on her, and she is always in my thoughts. Here's to my favorite actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood. RIP :x
This discussion has been closed.