The former RIP and birthday thread

Comments

• edited August 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Michelle Yeoh turns 50 today!

I'm actually kind of in the mood to watch TND. It's been a long time; maybe I'll like it better
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy birthday to Michelle.

Today also marks what would have been the 95th birthday of Robert Mitchum.

tumblr_m4a5k9gHc01rt7o5ro1_500.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Happy birthday to Michelle.

Today also marks what would have been the 95th birthday of Robert Mitchum.

tumblr_m4a5k9gHc01rt7o5ro1_500.jpg

I smell a Mitchum movie marathon...
    Michelle Yeoh turns 50 today!

I'm actually kind of in the mood to watch TND. It's been a long time; maybe I'll like it better

And she still looks amazing! Happy Birthday Michelle!

Robert Mitchum! All i need say is this......?.......................................... ^:)^
    Marvin Hamlisch RIP , 68.
  • Michelle Yeoh turns 50 today!

I know this is late, but happy birthday Michelle! I think I'll watch Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon later to celebrate. Would watch TND, but I've started rewatching the films in order so I think I'll save it.
    Tracy wrote:
    Marvin Hamlisch RIP , 68.

Sad sad news. Heard it on the radio! Thanks for your work. Thoughts and best wishes to his friends and family.

RIP
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    While it isn't a birthday or a passing, I thought this thread was the most fitting: Bob Hoskins, after an announcement of being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, is retiring from acting. Here's a statement from his agent:

"Bob Hoskins wishes to announce that he will be retiring from acting, following his diagnosis of Parkinson's disease last autumn. He wishes to thank all the great and brilliant people he has worked with over the years, and all of his fans who have supported him during a wonderful career. Bob is now looking forward to his retirement with his family, and would greatly appreciate that his privacy be respected at this time."
    Creasy47 wrote:
    While it isn't a birthday or a passing, I thought this thread was the most fitting: Bob Hoskins, after an announcement of being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, is retiring from acting. Here's a statement from his agent:

"Bob Hoskins wishes to announce that he will be retiring from acting, following his diagnosis of Parkinson's disease last autumn. He wishes to thank all the great and brilliant people he has worked with over the years, and all of his fans who have supported him during a wonderful career. Bob is now looking forward to his retirement with his family, and would greatly appreciate that his privacy be respected at this time."

Sad news as i do like him as an actor. pretty underated too, and for some reason i always remember in "Who framed Roger Rabbit!".
    Hope you have a long and comfortable retirement Bob!
    Today (18 August) is the Birthday of both Christian Slater and Edward Norton, the former starred with Sean Connery in a movie or two of course, both are 43 years old today.

Miss Melina Havelock -aka Carole Bouquet - 55 years of age

Patrick Swayze would of been 60 today

Robert Redford - 76 Today

Just Fountain - (French soccer player who has record for most goals scored at a soccer tournament, 1958) - 79 Today

We're going to bed now to, erm...

Goodnight I-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Madeleine Stowe
    00000020-4349.jpg
    is 54 today. <:-P
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, happy B-day to Madeleine, whom I know mostly from Last Of The Mohicans, The Two Jakes, 12 Monkeys and that dreadful Impostor.
    Madeleine Stowe
    00000020-4349.jpg
    is 54 today. <:-P

Looks as amazing as ever! 54?!!!! Happy Birthday!!!
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Well, happy B-day to Madeleine, whom I know mostly from Last Of The Mohicans, The Two Jakes, 12 Monkeys and that dreadful Impostor.

That's one of Stowe's i've not seen, but I am in search of the DVD. China Moon is my favourite

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694
    The song and dance legend himself, Gene Kelly, would be 100 today. His centennial is being celebrated in full force:
    http://www.afi.com/silver/films/2012/v9i1/kelly.aspx

I can't wait to get into his filmography. Happy birthday to a man in equal amounts a legend and icon from the Golden Age of Hollywood.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Tony Scott - RIP
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Today is the birthday of Sean Connery!

Let's all of us rejoice for this wonderful man!
    Happy Birthday to not only the best Bond, but one of the greatest legends of cinema! May you have many more years ahead of you, Sir Sean! <:-P
    safe_image.php?d=AQD5wVAlxlWybZmN&url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2F6%2F6a%2FSeanConneryJune08_crop.jpg
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy Birthday, Sean! Thanks for opening the world up to my favorite series of all time.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,981
    Does the man himself not deserve to be in both threads? ;)

Congratulations, Mr. Connery! All the best for the future. EmoticonMARTINI.png
    QBranch wrote:
    Does the man himself not deserve to be in both threads? ;)

Congratulations, Mr. Connery! All the best for the future. EmoticonMARTINI.png

Hell to the yes! Raise those glasses gentlemen, raise 'em high!
    Sad news that Neil Armstrong has passed away! The first man on the moon!

RIP Neil!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sad news indeed. RIP. He's taken the great leap, that one day, will face us all.
  • RIP Neil Armstrong, a true hero for humanity.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    thanksh.jpg
    Happy Birthday Mr Connery, you are truly a giant of world cinema, thank you for your stellar portrayal of James Bond (pre 1967 anyway :| ) and other fine work you have given us over the years

RIP to Neil Armstrong, once again
    I make it now officially the 28th of August, so...

Happy Birthday to,

David Fincher, movie Director, Se7en, The Game, Fight Club, etc, 50 Years Old

David Soul, 'Hutch', 69 Years Old

Windsor Davies, great British comedy actor, 82 Years Old

Shania 'I feel like putting a pistol to my head for your awful music' Twain, Canadian "Singer", 47 Years Old

Today we said goodbye to,

Robert Shaw, Donald Grant in Russia, today in 1978

John Huston, one of our finest movie directors, today in 1987

Ruth Gordon, movie actress, long and distinguished career, today in 1985

I have 'things to do', so, it's a Goodnight I-)
    Barbara Bach 65
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    RIP Hal David, thanks for some magical songs. The least you deserve is your own thread as all the big Bond players do.
This discussion has been closed.