The former RIP and birthday thread

Comments

Peter "Robocop" Weller 65
    Dan Aykroyd 60
    Nic Kidman 45
    Pam Anderson 45
    Yes, Davi does look a lot older in that release, but all the actual scenes were shot in 1988, so Davi would of been a year younger at time of filming, 35, quite incredible really

Peter Weller was 65 about two weeks ago Tracy

Is Aykroyd really 60 years old now, by god, I remember him in Ghostbusters, a third release is in the pipeline believe it or not

Pamela Anderson seems to have been around for ages, still looks decent at 45, although a little rugged sometimes

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP Ernest Borgnine, who has passed away at the age of 95:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/08/ernest-borgnine-dead/
    Creasy47 wrote:
    RIP Ernest Borgnine, who has passed away at the age of 95:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/08/ernest-borgnine-dead/

Now he was another actor like most that i grew up with! First memory for me was "The Poseidon Adventure", but mainly for me? The tv show "Airwolf!"

RIP Ernest Borgnine
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,450
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni31660586/

I expect this guy going to be older then 100 and mabey survived the lead actor of Airwolf.. In the afternoon i watch a episode of Airwolf Season 2 again and now i read he died.

Highlight of the series be that Walter Gotell also play a part in a episode.

Rip..

eb0284.jpg

Dominic: String, now you are on your own...
    RIP Mr Borgnine, I thought you would go on forever :(

He was in the Dirty Dozen with Telly Savalas and also Escape From New York and The Poseidon adventure. 95 years old is a very good age to live to though. My sympathies to his immediate family, you will be missed
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    tnernestborgnineasFRANK.jpg

What truly sad news to learn of the passing of Ernest Borgnine. One of the last great actors of his generation.
    Thanks for the many years, and wonderful characters you brought to the screen.
    RIP.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I will miss this man. Watch him often in one of my guilty pleasure films: The Black Hole.

R.I.P. Mr Borgnine!
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,782

The guy is a legend - From Here to Eternity, McHale's Navy, Airwolf, The Simpsons, The Dirty Dozen and on and on and on, i'll know him as Marty and the Mermaid Man in Spongebob.

Great actor whatever the movie.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Damn, some sad news. I think his last film was Red. RIP Ernest.
    10 July shortly, will be Jake LaMotta's Birthday, only a mere 91 years of age too. He was portrayed by Robert De Niro in Raging Bull, the Boxing epic. Hope he has a knockout Birthday

jakeg.jpg

Holy $#@$, Harrison Ford turns 70 today!!! :O
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Harrison is what ... seriously? I am truly astounded. I mean I knew he was older than me, but ... well, what I mean is: Happy Birthday, Harrison! You've made some fantastic movies, played two iconic characters (not one, but two!) and definitely do not look your age. Cheers!
    Wow, I just put together that he's just about the same age as George Lazenby (like 3 years different). I guess I just never realized since Star Ware wasn't until 1977. Harrison was a late-bloomer!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Indy 5 had better come fast if Lucas is hard pressed.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    One of my favourite actors, and looks great for his age. He played Jack Ryan and Indiana Jones, that in my book makes him a real legend. Happy birthday Harrison <:-P
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    One of my favourite actors, and looks great for his age. He played Jack Ryan and Indiana Jones, that in my book makes him a real legend. Happy birthday Harrison <:-P
    Yeah, then there was that guy with the laser gun...ahh...Han Solo I think he was called...
    Yeah, then there was that guy with the laser gun...ahh...Han Solo I think he was called...

I've never seen Star Wars. I should really watch those films some day.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Happy Birthday Mr. Ford! I'm still hoping one final Indy film happens.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yes, it will be a perilous journey as Indy navigates the dangerous terrain of the Sunnyside retirement community, on a path to acquiring the long sought after golden denchers.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yes, it will be a perilous journey as Indy navigates the dangerous terrain of the Sunnyside retirement community, on a path to acquiring the long sought after golden denchers.

I still feel they can better the last one and let Indy go out on a higher note.
    Happy Birthday Mr Ford! ^:)^ Please give us another Indy film ASAP!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,450
    Richard D. Zanuck producers of various movies died at the age of 77 year old.

Whas he fictem of Friday the 13th July.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni31995306/
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005573/

Examples of movies he produced are: Rules of Engagement, Yes Man, Reign Of Fire, Deep Impact, Road to Perdition from Sam Mendes, The Island from Michael Bay, Planet of the Apes 2001, Big Fish and Alice in Wonderland from Tim Burton. Also he whas friend from/the guy who discover Steven Spielberg.
    Harrison Ford is 70! Yes wigg!!! Here's a birthday tribute to the man himself! He has many aliases, including Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Dr. Richard Kimble, and Jack Ryan......you know the man......HARRISON FORD! <:-P
    Sylvester Stallone's 36-year old son, Sage, just died of an overdose:
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/13/sage-stallone-dead-sylvester-stallone-son-dies-dead/
    Damn, how tragic. My thoughts are with Sly and his loved ones.
    Indeed. I terribly regret posting a TMZ link - as per usual - but it was the first I could find. What's so incredibly rude and hypocritical of TMZ is how they handle death:

Any celebrity (or celebrity-related) death that occurs, they make sure to rush in and get pictures of whatever they can: the scene, the body, the death bed, etc. But, just a few months ago, the founder (or co-founder, whoever he was) of TMZ passed away, and they released an incredibly long front-page statement about how amazing and kind he was...yet they gave out no pictures or anything.

I'm not asking for pictures - I don't want any part of that - but I just think it's very rude that they find it okay to pry into the lives of others at such a crucial time in their lives, only to stand back and not take part in one of their own's passing.
    Sage Stallone was in Rocky V I think as his (Sly's) real life son, would of been about 14 at the time. 36 years old is no age to pass on. My smypathies to Mr Stallone and his immediate family at this difficult time
    Condolences indeed to Sly Stallone. No parent should have to go through the death of their child.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    An overdose of pills. Always leaves a sour taste in my mouth as a chemist. Meant to heal, meant to do good, but prone to abuse and thus a potential agent of death.

No parents should survive their children, and no death should be so meaningless, frustrating and with so many questions left behind. RIP.
This discussion has been closed.