The former RIP and birthday thread

edited September 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,639
RIP Colonel Potter aka Harry Morgan , 96
RIP Jerry Robinson (creator of Joker , TF , Robin and Alfred)

Happy b-day Eli "Tuco" Wallach , 96.

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,929
    Once again, RIP Mr. Freddie Mercury.

Happy birthday Dame Judi Dench for today! (9 Dec) All the best!

EmoticonMARTINI.png

Ralph Fiennes birthday is coming up on the 22nd Dec.
  • I missed Eli Wallachs birthday. I knew he was still alive but wasn't aware quite when his birthday was, 96 years old too, what an achievement

Still a surving member of the Good The Bad and the Ugly with Eastwood although Van Cleef died back in 1989, and was unbelievably still making movies up to last year, top man.

Sorry about any spelling errors, I'm somewhat pressed for time

While we're at, let's give a mention to Lennon too on what was yesterday the 31st anniversary of his death

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy Birthday to the one, the only...

frank-sinatra.jpg?cda6c1

Whom, if her were still with us, would be the grand ol' age of 96.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Happy Birthday to the one, the only...

frank-sinatra.jpg?cda6c1

Whom, if her were still with us, would be the grand ol' age of 96.

Spooky. I just got done listening to him. What a man he was, what a brilliant voice and presence. Kids my age don't even know who Elton John is nonetheless Ol' Blue Eyes. A true musical legend that will never be forgotten. RIP Frank, you were one in a million. :)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARKETTO. You lucky barstword. Can I have your girlfriend? And your name?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARKETTO. You lucky barstword. Can I have your girlfriend? And your name?

Let's show love for Frank...and not be creepy...
    Kirk Douglas has now passed the 95 barriere.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I said that because he got Daniel Craig to tell him happy birthday as a gift from his girlfriend #creepybutnotacreep

Tracy wrote:
    Kirk Douglas has now passed the 95 barriere.
    Wow, bless that guy.

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I said that because he got Daniel Craig to tell him happy birthday as a gift from his girlfriend #creepybutnotacreep

I know that. I commented in that thread too.
    Meow.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,929
    Happy birthday for yesterday, Ralph! Have a great Christmas!

bigxmasralph.jpg

<:-P

PS: I did not make this picture. That would just be weird...
    Alberto de Mendoza , the monk Purjadov in Horror Express , died age 88.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited January 2012 Posts: 1,380
    Legendary diva Dame Shirley Bassey celebrates her 75th birthday today. The Welsh singer is perhaps most famous for performing thee James Bond title songs: Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, and Moonraker.

During her career, she is estimated to have sold around 135 million records.

But biographer John Williams told the <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-16456318"; target="_blank">BBC Radio Wales</a> that while she still "sounds great", Dame Shirley is "certainly winding down. We're never going to see another person like that.

He added that she now preferred to perform at "big gala shows" like the Royal Albert Hall tribute concert last year to the late film composer John Barry, than touring to promote her work.

007 fans can surely look forward to seeing her perform her Bond hits again at some stage of the series' 50th anniversary celebrations in 2012.
    JamesPage wrote:
    007 fans can surely look forward to seeing her perform her Bond hits again at some stage of the series' 50th anniversary celebrations in 2012.

Like singing "Skyfall"
    ;)
    Daniela Bianchi is 70 !

10th anniversary death Astrid Lindgren
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy Birthday to Gene Hackman who is 82 today.

77196-004-C4B39254.jpg
  • I wasn't aware it was Hackman's birthday today, except to say the man is one of the greatest film stars this country has produced. A bit of a fan of his work and have greatly enjoyed epics like Mississippi Burning and Crimson Tide but not so much his Lex Luthor Superman appearances. Happy Birthday Mr Hackman
    Lois Chiles 65
    Bruce Glover
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Happy 68th Birthday to TLD's very own Gen. Leonid Pushkin, John Rhys-Davies...

Picture-238.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Here, here, the great JRD turns 68. Happy B-day, you bearded dwarf! ;-)
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,894
    If he asks for a larger slice of the cake, give him it. Otherwise he'll threaten to send someone home in a diplomatic bag. ;) He's welcome to my slice, if I can use a bus.
    The Rock 40
    John Cena 35
    Brock Lesnar 35

Getting old......in a few yrs Undertaker's gonna be 50.
    Tracy wrote:
    The Rock 40
    John Cena 35
    Brock Lesnar 35

Getting old......in a few yrs Undertaker's gonna be 50.
    Are all 3 today? Weird.

Chris Lee 90 !
    Christopher Lee! Happy Birthday! Now he has a voice to die for! Awesome! ^:)^
    The Man With The Golden Immortality. :D
    Peter Carl Fabergé was born today, in 1846.
    220px-Karl_Gustavovich_Faberge.jpg

There is a Bond connection here, so I thought I'd post it. Google is also paying tribute:
    http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=ww
    Happy birthday to (get this unusual coincidence):

Peter Cushing, May 26, 1913
    Christopher Lee May, 27, 1922
    Vincent Price, May 27, 1911

One day apart for this magnificent trio!
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Today is Marilyn Monroe's Birthday
    [img]http://files.myopera.com/türkbeyi01/albums/4993462/marilyn-monroe.jpg[/img]

Happy Birthday Marilyn, you were a woman of true grace and talent.

Your candle burned out long before your legend ever did.
This discussion has been closed.