No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Minion wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    LOVE the Living Daylights Aston! The DB5 is played out, and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage might be the coolest Aston right now. In fact, it's so cool, it screams Fukunaga. I am confident this was a 100% Cary Fukunaga choice.

I know something else that is a Fukunaga choice and you ain’t gonna be happy old boy.

Color me curious. :D

I am curious now too!!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Color me ... *yawn* ...
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    QBranch wrote: »
    Meanwhile another extra is playing a ‘Cuban Dancer’:
    1JWkjF0_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Cuban dancer: Djanomi Headley-Fulani

'Lashe...' (on blue post-it note)

Lashana to play a dancer.

Unlikely to be the case. Firstly, the blue post-it note says 'lashes' which probably means the extra needs false lashes. Also, the name on the page is Djanomi Headley-Fulani and after having a look online, it seems she is the extra. She is a Freelance Fashion Designer at Liberated Folk. I guess it's her Instagram and she moonlights as an extra.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/djanhf
    0?e=1565827200&v=beta&t=KogR1W2VToXA8kEBL3ycmiicB2Nn95LfKomqWjVSi0A

She is credited as playing a Cuban dancer. I suppose that adds more to the theory that Cuba is involved in the film. The evidence is:
    • We know that Cadiz was once scouted. Cadiz previously stood in for Cuba in DAD. However, it seems filming won't take place there.
    • We have seen Cuban licence plates in Jamaica whist filming.
    • we saw a Cuban mural being used whilst filming
    • Ana De Armas is Cuban!

Some new stories from her IG (that show bright, gorgeous costumes and some unusual make-up and hairdress) force me to think that maybe we have some El Tropicana, most famous, legendary night club? scenes in Bond 25.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Color me ... *yawn* ...
    ... curious! :D
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, it it's news spit it out. :) We could also use some correct info re Bond 25.
    RC7 often has the goods. Let's hear it.
    @RC7 could it be that this is the new 007?

lashana-lynch-captain-marvel-1280-GettyImages-1134141476.jpg?itok=vev2Rm9I&h=c673cd1c
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    The lack of good news has been rather disheartening. If anyone has anything good they can share, please come forth!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited June 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Honestly, I think stunts should be handed back to stunt people. Tom Cruise can be a reckless daredevil all he wants, but the “I do all my own stunts” attitude just robs work from those actually working in that field.

Would you fault Sir Rog for his extensive and (at times) obvious use of stunt doubles? Do they really rob his movies of that much impact?

Well said, although I admire what tom cruise has been doing for years but stuntman having years of experience doing that is something else, take Chuck Aaron aerobatic in SP opening helicopter stunt was something which takes years of experience it's very hard for any actor to match that level.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited June 2019 Posts: 7,889
    Honestly, I think stunts should be handed back to stunt people. Tom Cruise can be a reckless daredevil all he wants, but the “I do all my own stunts” attitude just robs work from those actually working in that field.

Would you fault Sir Rog for his extensive and (at times) obvious use of stunt doubles? Do they really rob his movies of that much impact?

Well said, although I admire what tom cruise has been doing for years but stuntman having years of experience doing that is something else, take Chuck Aaron aerobatic in SP opening helicopter stunt was something which takes years of experience it's very hard for any actor to match that level.

And by choice, Cruise has augmented his skill as an actor by dedicating an immense amount of time in training to perform his own stunts. While some call him reckless, he is as dedicated as any full time stunt performer. He doesn’t just wing it.
    I’ve seen several interviews with professional stuntmen, and have spoken to a number in person , they have tremendous respect for him, with many seeing him as a peer.
    When it comes to actors, there’s no doubt that he is an exception, but Tom Cruise is the real deal as a stunt performer, and no he doesn’t do all of his own stunts, it wouldn’t be practical.but when he does, seeing the results on screen absolutely enhances his films.

This is a really good article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/culture/2015/04/tom-cruises-10-greatest-movie-stunts-reviewed-by-a-stuntman.amp
    LOVE the Living Daylights Aston! The DB5 is played out, and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage might be the coolest Aston right now. In fact, it's so cool, it screams Fukunaga. I am confident this was a 100% Cary Fukunaga choice.

I know something else that is a Fukunaga choice and you ain’t gonna be happy old boy.
    What’s up with mi6community and constant teases? :)) Spill the beans, old boy! And if Barbara wants to spin Arnold’s return as Fukunaga’s decision, here is my message to her: “LOL!”
    Problem is these days you can never tell what is real stunt work and what is CGI or whatever. Even when real stunts are used there's tons of CGI going on around it that can make the overall shot look fake. Nothing looks very convincing to me anymore. Just all quite cartoonish.
    Meanwhile, it appears from her Instagram that Simona Zivkovska has joined the cast.
    https://www.instagram.com/simonazivkovska/?hl=en

8ZqGcdG4.jpg
    She Looks amazing, but from that Foto it´s hard to Judge wether she´s 14 or 24.
    Yes.
    Yes.

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    talos7 wrote: »

And by choice, Cruise has augmented his skill as an actor by dedicating an immense amount of time in training to perform his own stunts. While some call him reckless, he is as dedicated as any full time stunt performer. He doesn’t just wing it.
    I’ve seen several interviews with professional stuntmen, and have spoken to a number in person , they have tremendous respect for him, with many seeing him as a peer.
    When it comes to actors, there’s no doubt that he is an exception, but Tom Cruise is the real deal as a stunt performer, and no he doesn’t do all of his own stunts, it wouldn’t be practical.but when he does, seeing the results on screen absolutely enhances his films.

This is a really good article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/culture/2015/04/tom-cruises-10-greatest-movie-stunts-reviewed-by-a-stuntman.amp

As I said, I admire his years of dedication and hard work but I would still prefer stuntman using his years of experience performing an excellent stunt rather than an actor doing an average one. I can give ex. tons of stunts where no actor could match what they do.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Problem is these days you can never tell what is real stunt work and what is CGI or whatever. Even when real stunts are used there's tons of CGI going on around it that can make the overall shot look fake. Nothing looks very convincing to me anymore. Just all quite cartoonish.

Yes I have issues with that as well
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    Pavlo wrote: »

Unlikely to be the case. Firstly, the blue post-it note says 'lashes' which probably means the extra needs false lashes. Also, the name on the page is Djanomi Headley-Fulani and after having a look online, it seems she is the extra. She is a Freelance Fashion Designer at Liberated Folk. I guess it's her Instagram and she moonlights as an extra.

She is credited as playing a Cuban dancer. I suppose that adds more to the theory that Cuba is involved in the film. The evidence is:
    • We know that Cadiz was once scouted. Cadiz previously stood in for Cuba in DAD. However, it seems filming won't take place there.
    • Ana De Armas is Cuban!

IMDB page of Bond25 says that Bond has location scout for Spain - Joshua Benedetti. Maybe they will actually film some scenes in Spain.

This is interesting ,as we live fairly close to Pinewood we took a walk round Black park and the back of the lot at the weekend, as last time Bond was here we were able to see a huge amount of Spectre props (the crashed plane, the fiat 500, Jaguars, Alfa with its roof missing, loads ) and the huge Mi6 set , after they returned from shooting in Rome and Austria (which I posted on the AJBforum)
    There obviously isn’t much there at the moment, but there are definitely Cuban 50’s cars, but wasn’t sure if these were part of the Black Widow movie set up as there are a number of burnt out Lada cars and similar.
    We will be going back every few weeks as the filming develops and will post pics as and when.
    wetnelly wrote: »

• Ana De Armas is Cuban!

IMDB page of Bond25 says that Bond has location scout for Spain - Joshua Benedetti. Maybe they will actually film some scenes in Spain.

This is interesting ,as we live fairly close to Pinewood we took a walk round Black park and the back of the lot at the weekend, as last time Bond was here we were able to see a huge amount of Spectre props (the crashed plane, the fiat 500, Jaguars, Alfa with its roof missing, loads ) and the huge Mi6 set , after they returned from shooting in Rome and Austria (which I posted on the AJBforum)
    There obviously isn’t much there at the moment, but there are definitely Cuban 50’s cars, but wasn’t sure if these were part of the Black Widow movie set up as there are a number of burnt out Lada cars and similar.
    We will be going back every few weeks as the filming develops and will post pics as and when.

Welcome to the forum @wetnelly . That's so cool that you get to have a sneak peek into the backlot. Please do update us as and when you can. It's much appreciated!

• Ana De Armas is Cuban!

Very interesting.

However, it is likely the set of Black Widow that you stumbled upon. Scar-Jo was spotted in Black Park filming the movie there recently.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7112809/Black-Widow-PIC-EXCL-Scarlett-Johansson-appears-set-filming-begins-spin-off.html
    14462626-7112809-image-a-87_1559849893147.jpg

I'm starting to get more excited for that movie than Bond 25.

I have a bad feeling tat @RC7 comments about a Fukunaga decision we will be unhappy about regards him perhaps deciding to leave the film......

I hope that is just my pessimistic mind working overtime. But this film is giving him serious anxiety.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

• Ana De Armas is Cuban!

Very interesting.

However, it is likely the set of Black Widow that you stumbled upon. Scar-Jo was spotted in Black Park filming the movie there recently.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7112809/Black-Widow-PIC-EXCL-Scarlett-Johansson-appears-set-filming-begins-spin-off.html
    14462626-7112809-image-a-87_1559849893147.jpg

I'm starting to get more excited for that movie than Bond 25.

I have a bad feeling tat @RC7 comments about a Fukunaga decision we will be unhappy about regards him perhaps deciding to leave the film......

I hope that is just my pessimistic mind working overtime. But this film is giving him serious anxiety.

I feel the same. Cary is famous for his character and readiness to leave the project if he is unhappy with script or work of producers (that was the case with "Alienist" series, "It" (his draft of screenplay was amazing, but a bit controversial)) Maybe even producers are unhappy with him.
    It'd be a serious blow to lose Fukunaga at this point. With how turbulent things have been though nothing can surprise me anymore. I just hope for the best with the film of course, but I've learned to set my expectations at the bottom now.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Maybe return of Blofeld?)

• Ana De Armas is Cuban!

There are lots of Ladas in Cuba so sounds like probably also the Bond film.

Lets hope Cary isn't about to bail out. That would be cataclysmic.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Are people really talking about Fukunaga leaving? So two directors leaving a production and multiple writers going about the script, and the lead actor getting injured, and sets being blown up? lol, that would be a production for the History books.

Seriously, if Fukunaga did leave, I'd be off this Bond bus, awaiting for the next one.

Fortunately, that's just negative thinking because we haven't been fed and we're starting to hallucinate. Quite normal, I think, given the little we know.

The positivist in me still says all's well.

Also, I must say this. If people are in the know of something and don't talk about it in the Forums I can only understand that if they're bound to silence. If they aren't, shame on them. We are all people here and fans and we'd appreciate some information, or else we wouldn't come here. And if you have to remain silent about something, please refrain on innuendoes and half sentences and teasing in general. That, at this point, is plain torture to the members. And some of us, heck, many of us just don't deserve that.
    Univex wrote: »
    Are people really talking about Fukunaga leaving? So two directors leaving a production and multiple writers going about the script, and the lead actor getting injured, and sets being blown up? lol, that would be a production for the History books.

Seriously, if Fukunaga did leave, I'd be off this Bond bus, awaiting for the next one.

Fortunately, that's just negative thinking because we haven't been fed and we're starting to hallucinate. Quite normal, I think, given the little we know.

The positivist in me still says all's well.

Me too
  • manovermanover uk
    Where has this talk of cary leaving started?
    Peoples imaginations?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,665
    manover wrote: »
    Where has this talk of cary leaving started?
    Peoples imaginations?

Or ars... oh, wait, can't say this here. Oh well.

;)

No, really, it started when a member, a cherished and valued member at that (and one with the best avatar in this site), said he knew something about a decision made by Cary that another member wouldn't personally like.
    Then all hell broke loose and people started to be fearful of a falling sky.

In this day and age of misinformation and secrecy, it's all quite normal.

IwWxD0i.gif?noredirect

giphy.gif
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited June 2019 Posts: 8,009
    Risico007 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Very good :))
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    No news/photos from second unit in Norway?
    Can't see any reports of filming in Norway after the Atlantic Road film shoot.