No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Univex wrote: »
    I don't think it's a spoiler, because we can't see anything happen on the set, IMO.

Stellar job, @Contraband. Yes, some of us knew what the "gunfire and action" set was at Pinewood. And some of us know that Daniel has been working there, at that set, in a particular scene. But as some find our sources to be "consistently wrong", some of us didn't find it to be in our best interest to expand on what we knew, which was as little as knowing what the set was, nothing more. The source for this in these forums has constantly been attacked when he/she/they bring fresh information. I, for one, appreciate the efforts from the internet crew, who roam the virtuality of twitter and such, and the efforts of the people behind the old fashioned clubs and forums, that have their own contacts in the industry. If only we could all get along, we'd have more fun, that's for sure. Instead of constantly attacking one another. I find value on both sides. Heck, it's all a single side, damn it.

That being said, nice job getting that screenshot, @Contraband. Cheers

I agree. But my finding and my overall question was if you all had seen this set piece before pictured. I know rest: that you all knew about shooting the gunfire scenes, schedule, etc.

I'm following the forum every day from a distance so to speak. :D
    Contraband wrote: »
    I don't think it's a spoiler, because we can't see anything happen on the set, IMO.

Stellar job, @Contraband. Yes, some of us knew what the "gunfire and action" set was at Pinewood. And some of us know that Daniel has been working there, at that set, in a particular scene. But as some find our sources to be "consistently wrong", some of us didn't find it to be in our best interest to expand on what we knew, which was as little as knowing what the set was, nothing more. The source for this in these forums has constantly been attacked when he/she/they bring fresh information. I, for one, appreciate the efforts from the internet crew, who roam the virtuality of twitter and such, and the efforts of the people behind the old fashioned clubs and forums, that have their own contacts in the industry. If only we could all get along, we'd have more fun, that's for sure. Instead of constantly attacking one another. I find value on both sides. Heck, it's all a single side, damn it.

That being said, nice job getting that screenshot, @Contraband. Cheers

I agree. But my finding and my overall question was if you all had seen this set piece before pictured. I know rest: that you all knew about shooting the gunfire scenes, schedule, etc.

I'm following the forum every day from a distance so to speak. :D

No, it was the first time we saw it. Well done, old chap, well done. Do come in more often, no need for the "distance". Although we all find the need to retreat to a safe distance once in a while. Most of the time, we're friendly. So do join in.
    Y
    Bounine wrote: »
    With you on that. We don’t want too many spoilers even if minor.

And what irks me the most, was that they couldn't get the shot because of the people on the background filming like ants to a piece of cake.

Yeah, that annoys me too. Nowadays, they need to seal off such areas right back into the damn mountains.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Awesome find!

There's also a white helicopter just right of centre, with no rotors - which suggests we might see a stunt based around it.

QBranch wrote: »
    Awesome find!

There's also a white helicopter just right of centre, with no rotors - which suggests we might see a stunt based around it.

Thanks. I'm been trying to embed the damn pic but it doesn't work. It's easier to have it up on the forum on full display, pointing out details like the chopper. So I would be very happy if you or anyone else could help me with that. And again, I don't know if it's a spoiler pic.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    etBHq5N.jpg
    etBHq5N.jpg

Big thanks!!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Great work, @Contraband Thanks for that!

+1 @Univex
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

And what irks me the most, was that they couldn't get the shot because of the people on the background filming like ants to a piece of cake.

I can't help but disagree. If they are that troublesome, the production should either take preliminary action to avoid or simply erase them using CGI.

Do you know how costly that would be, @Pierce2Daniel? :)
    Why not just issue a warning, make people go away for a day or two, as they are doing today, and take the shot? Isn't that less expensive and troublesome.
    It's not like "hey, there's a starbucks mug in front of daenerys. Bah, we'll take it out later with cgi, man".
    These things are very, very expensive. Asking people to back off is not.

Agreed. This is nothing new, either. Remember the hassle they had filming on the Thames for TWINE? I'm a tad surprised that it's an issue here considering how remote the location is in comparison with some of the other 'impossible' spots they've filmed in before.

There's a job to do. The locals should "hiss off" ;)
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Great work, @Contraband Thanks for that!

+1 @Univex

+1 for both. Thank you. Looks very cool.
    Seems to me the presence of the Aston Martin Vantage indicates the first use of a thrilling plot element in this Bond film.
    Time travel.

Nah! Multiverse!
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    etBHq5N.jpg

Maybe they use this set as some Cuban place. I believe that there are some gunfire sequences in Cuban part of the film as Bond was trying to free scientist. Another theory - maybe sequnce with plane and boat is a scene when Bond is trying to escape Cuba on boat and then he got attacked by local enemies.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Man, as much as I’m loving all these leaks, it makes filming a movie sound like such a pain these days.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Not sure if it was mentioned here yet but The Sun's article about Health and Safety getting involved after that explosion mentions that the set was intended to double for Porton Down...
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    antovolk wrote: »
    Not sure if it was mentioned here yet but The Sun's article about Health and Safety getting involved after that explosion mentions that the see was intended to double for Porton Down...

Great notice.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Not sure if it was mentioned here yet but The Sun's article about Health and Safety getting involved after that explosion mentions that the see was intended to double for Porton Down...

Great catch! Perhaps this 'dangerous technology' is stolen from the UK. Getting a bit of a High Time to Kill vibe now...
    Minion wrote: »
    Man, as much as I’m loving all these leaks, it makes filming a movie sound like such a pain these days.

Half of all the Bond films up until now have had major problems and been "cursed". These troubles go with the territory, and as long as there are no deaths or major injuries, both of which has happened a few times in the past, nothing to worry about.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Revealing article in The Sun:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9231928/james-bond-set-explosion-probed/

Key highlights:
    • The set blew up after too much air was pushed through gas canisters
    • The set was built to resemble a the interior of the Porton Down laboratory in Salisbury
    • Daniel Craig is back at Pinewood and is using crutches
    • Night shoots were cancelled on 4th June after the explosion. This was due to camera equipment being left inside Pinewood.

The Porton Down reveal is certainly interesting news......Porton Down is home to a site of the Ministry of Defence's Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) – known for over 100 years as one of the UK's most secretive and controversial military research facilities.

skynews-porton-down-wiltshire_4255196.jpg?20180314133507

porton_down1.jpg?itok=-TK3pa7E

It's been referred to as Britain's Area 51................why have I never heard of it?!?! When @antovolk referred to it earlier, i thought he had misspelled Port Antonio. I feel like an uneducated wally now.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241
    New article behind a paywall. Looks like James Bond-magasinet is on location.
    https://www.rbnett.no/nyheter/2019/06/06/–-Kan-bli-et-ikonisk-location-øyeblikk-19208242.ece

Edit. Interesting info @Pierce2Daniel; seems like a location that would fit the premise.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Awesome find!

What if this is that helicopter we heard about back in 2017? I remember it being mentioned that it wasn’t in flying condition.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    etBHq5N.jpg

The black roofed building at the front seems to have a circular opening in its roof. I wonder what that's supposed to be?

And thanks to @Contraband and @Univex for their great work!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited June 2019 Posts: 1,755
    With all the crappy news lately, it’d be nice if production drops a Vlog or official still from the film. Wishful thinking though.
    Porton Down, does this mean chemical weapons is part of the plot?
    So is it some sort of chase, or merely point A to B shots?

71154059.jpg?imageId=71154059&x=0&y=0&cropw=100&croph=89.97668997669&width=643&height=387

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/spektakulaere-bilder-fra-atlanterhavsveien/71152632
    Zekidk wrote: »
    So is it some sort of chase, or merely point A to B shots?

71154059.jpg?imageId=71154059&x=0&y=0&cropw=100&croph=89.97668997669&width=643&height=387

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/spektakulaere-bilder-fra-atlanterhavsveien/71152632

They did practice a stunt overtaking the Aston with one of the Toyota's, according to this article (also from Dagbladet)

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/forste-bilder-av-hemmelig-bond-bil/71151582
    Hope there is some crashing involved. The chase in SPECTRE was too clean.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241
    More video footage involving the SUV's:
    https://www.dagbladet.no/video/hissig-biljakt-pa-atlanterhavsvegen/N529XYV2

Edit: Notice that in this clip you have one of the older Toyota's and two Range Rovers:

YVOmVZV.png
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Those vehicles look like they’re moving pretty good. Gotta be some type of chase/race against time.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Those vehicles look like they’re moving pretty good. Gotta be some type of chase/race against time.

Looks that way to me too.
  • tqbtqb
    Good find Pierce2Daniel! I’m excited about this news. Very modern and still Bondian
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

The first takes were probably just to establish the optimal speed.