Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

Comments

Now, that one looks interesting :

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Golden Compass as tv series, intresting. I see James McAvoy playing Daniel Craig chacter and Ruth Wilson (Luther) Nicole Kidman chacter. Are every novel get 8 episodes, Imdb page credit 16 episodes plan so far.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Summer of Rockets starts tomorrow on BBC2 and has several things to pique my interest, i.e. spies, the Cold War and Toby Stephens:

• edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Summer of Rockets starts tomorrow on BBC2 and has several things to pique my interest, i.e. spies, the Cold War and Toby Stephens:

Definitely have to watch this! Hope it will be as good as Cambridge Spies was (also starring Toby Stephens).
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Westworld Season 3 Trailer

Very interesting

Much approve of the choice of song they've used here, most suitable.

Although I enjoyed both seasons, S1 was the strongest, the last season showed this needed to move out of the park.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

fantastic, love the original movie too.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,104
    SaintMark wrote: »

fantastic, love the original movie too.

I bought the film on 4K last year, not many films like it visually. The new series looks great
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Westworld Season 3 Trailer

Very interesting

Much approve of the choice of song they've used here, most suitable.

Although I enjoyed both seasons, S1 was the strongest, the last season showed this needed to move out of the park.

Agree I felt in season 2 the show was already starting to repeat itself, the second season I felt was considerably weaker than the first

Fantastic! Loved the movie all those many years ago.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Full season for the 3rd season of Money Heist/La Casa de Papel:

Now this one looks very interesting :

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The TV series adaptation of The Dark Tower has begun filming, with Michael Rooker & Jerome Flynn amongst the main cast.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3566426/amazons-dark-tower-tv-series-begun-filming-michael-rooker-will-star/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The TV series adaptation of The Dark Tower has begun filming, with Michael Rooker & Jerome Flynn amongst the main cast.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3566426/amazons-dark-tower-tv-series-begun-filming-michael-rooker-will-star/

At least there's absolutely no way it'll be worse than the film adaptation.
    The WarnerMedia streaming service has given a straight-to-series order to Dune: The Sisterhood.

Set in the universe of Frank Herbert’s epic “Dune” novel series, “Dune: The Sisterhood” is told through the eyes of a mysterious order of women known as the Bene Gesserit. Given extraordinary abilities by their mastery of the body and the mind, the Bene Gesserit expertly weave through the feudal politics and intrigue of The Imperium, pursuing plans of their own that will ultimately lead them to the enigmatic planet Arrakis, known to its inhabitants as Dune.

Denis Villeneuve will direct the pilot episode.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/dune-series-bene-gesserit-warnermedia-streaming-service-1203238799/

The WarnerMedia streaming service has given a straight-to-series order to Dune: The Sisterhood.

Set in the universe of Frank Herbert’s epic “Dune” novel series, “Dune: The Sisterhood” is told through the eyes of a mysterious order of women known as the Bene Gesserit. Given extraordinary abilities by their mastery of the body and the mind, the Bene Gesserit expertly weave through the feudal politics and intrigue of The Imperium, pursuing plans of their own that will ultimately lead them to the enigmatic planet Arrakis, known to its inhabitants as Dune.

Denis Villeneuve will direct the pilot episode.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/dune-series-bene-gesserit-warnermedia-streaming-service-1203238799/

I'll be watching the Bene Gesserit are an interesting bunch.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Trailer for the 2nd season of The Terror:

----

Season 3 of Ozark coming in 2020.

https://screenbinge.com/tv-shows/ozark-season-3-netflix/

----

This looks fantastic:

edited July 2019 Posts: 23,104

Looks interesting though I know nothing about The Witcher
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks great.
    Looks great.

Agree the production looks great, good cast also
    Since I cut out watching tv a couple years ago, there has been much interesting coming out. Maybe I will give up my tv absentia.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,104
    Since I cut out watching tv a couple years ago, there has been much interesting coming out. Maybe I will give up my tv absentia.

Not sure who is picking the show up in the UK though I will probably buy it on Bluray

Not sure who is picking the show up in the UK though I will probably buy it on Bluray

Good idea. There is always the home video market eventually.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 15,686

Good idea. There is always the home video market eventually.

It's guaranteed the DVD/Bluray art work will be great, it will look good on a shelf next to my other Watchmen stuff