No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited May 2019 Posts: 725
    Someone should've removed the banana peel.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2019 Posts: 16,328
    Delete
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I'm slippin' on the dock of the bay 
    Watchin' the tide, roll away 
    Wastin' time…
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Tanner did warn him it would be slippery. ;)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Getafix wrote: »

Wastin' time…
    QuantumArt wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    ]
    TR007 wrote: »
    This injury is meant to have happened last week while Craig was in Jamaica.
    Yesterday Wright was in Pinewood and looked like the production was still motoring along.
    Waller-Bridge didn’t mention anything about production stalling during the Baftas on Sunday.

Plus, a few pages back a board member mentioned that Craig was snapped in NY over the weekend.

Sorry but I really don’t think that production has stalled and really won’t believe it until it’s confirmed by a more reputable source than an English newspaper.

This. A lot of us here are freaking out (again) for nothing.

To my knowledge The Sun has hated Craig since day one.

But Panchito had the news.

Let there be injury,

You really need to get out of your little bubble

And you are?

What kind of a question is that ? how exactly do you expect one to respond to It ?

you do realise you're living in a little bubble.
    Without being involved in the production of the movie when news breaks out that there's an injury by multiple sources ,you take it as some sort of personal insult. You get all defensive and you aren't able to accept it as if someones bad mouthing your own child and you're sticking up for it. You really need to go out more and breathe some fresh air. If only you could see how this looks from afar. Reddit's James Bond sub was right when they said this place has a lot of "tossers" .

They're professionals at what they do, they've been making these movies for more than 50 years and this isn't the first time Dan's got injured, He had to get stitches and what not in QoS and they still got that out in time, they'll manage to get it out on time with or without injury.

Again, who are you?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Murdock wrote: »

Trifle :D
    Murdock wrote: »

:))
    Sounds like someone didnt do the risk assessment
    I've got to say I also don't understand your line of argument here. Why does it matter who any of us is? We're all anonymous here.
  • octofinger wrote: »
    I've got to say I also don't understand your line of argument here. Why does it matter who any of us is? We're all anonymous here.

+1
    We're all here as fans to offer what is our personal opinion based on the franchise and therefore stories associated with it - whether fact or fiction - that are being reported out there. This is not a Sunday tea party. It's a forum. It doesn't matter who any of us are, to try and make an arguement about someone's identity on an anonymous forum is a weaker comeback than Jinx's "Yo mama" line.

As for the general attitude of "well if you don't like what some of us are saying why do you keep coming back"... Again that's because everyone is allowed an opinion. I personally may not have liked a lot of the toxicity that has previously existed here both as a member and not, but it doesn't mean that I don't respect that everyone has a right to an opinion or value what others are trying to say. I'm sure the same principle is adopted by many on here. This is a fan forum for James bond, we're all James bond fans. That is why we are here and therefore that forms part of who we are. And on here, that's the only part that matters.
    Sounds like someone didnt do the risk assessment

Always have an escape plan.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,665
    but it doesn't mean that I don't respect that everyone has a right to an opinion or value what others are trying to say

That's all very good and dandy, this all "everyone has the right to an opinion" albeit being savvy or not on the matter, and everything has the same value blah blah, but as soon as you consider that socio and psychopathological stances like racism, xenophobia, bigotry, fundamentalism, ..., are "opinions" or taken higher than opinions, you loose your point entirely. It's not as if the forums task to prevent badly drawn or unsanitary opinions, no, it's up to the sane majority or the more informed fans to make them go away by their own foot. Not every opinion is valid, sir. Everything doesn't hold the same value. That rhetoric was profusely used, for example, by the British government in the years that lead to the second world war, and it allowed for a fungus known as the National Social Party to grow inside Germany, a fungus that would soon consume it and then the rest of us, if some more informed, capable and better oriented people hadn't stepped in, and against the grain put an island and then the world against it.

This is the wrong thread for all of this, and has been since day one. I do not advocate moderator action on expelling members and censorship. It's up to better oriented fan majorities to do so. Uniting against prejudice, bigotry, paranoia, cheapness of thought, ... If all we do is nothing, we get 2510 pages of trite, with 500, if so, pages of stuff for the books.

And why shouldn't we take a stance against the tabloids? And why shouldn't we make that news? "Fans are appalled of wrong and damaging tabloid action against film", "Fans stand by the production and the producers",... Now that's something I'd like to see. We could very well have a petition, write a bloody article and send it to Variety. I'm sure that would get good printing, or clicking or whatever.

Just saying. Now, do carry on.
    These Craig injury articles are hilarious. Next up, production will be delayed until 2022 while Craig recovers from nicking himself while shaving.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 53
    Univex wrote: »
    but it doesn't mean that I don't respect that everyone has a right to an opinion or value what others are trying to say

That's all very good and dandy, this all "everyone has the right to an opinion" albeit being savvy or not on the matter, and everything has the same value blah blah, but as soon as you consider that socio and psychopathological stances like racism, xenophobia, bigotry, fundamentalism, ..., are "opinions" or taken higher than opinions, you loose your point entirely. It's not as if the forums task to prevent badly drawn or unsanitary opinions, no, it's up to the sane majority or the more informed fans to make them go away by their own foot. Not every opinion is valid, sir. Everything doesn't hold the same value. That rhetoric was profusely used, for example, by the British government in the years that lead to the second world war, and it allowed for a fungus known as the National Social Party to grow inside Germany, a fungus that would soon consume it and then the rest of us, if some more informed, capable and better oriented people hadn't stepped in, and against the grain put an island and then the world against it.

This is the wrong thread for all of this, and has been since day one. I do not advocate moderator action on expelling members and censorship. It's up to better oriented fan majorities to do so. Uniting against prejudice, bigotry, paranoia, cheapness of thought, ... If all we do is nothing, we get 2510 pages of trite, with 500, if so, pages of stuff for the books.

And why shouldn't we take a stance against the tabloids? And why shouldn't we make that news? "Fans are appalled of wrong and damaging tabloid action against film", "Fans stand by the production and the producers",... Now that's something I'd like to see. We could very well have a petition, write a bloody article and send it to Variety. I'm sure that would get good printing, or clicking or whatever.

All very well said my dear man but I'm afraid you may have, in your rather well written response, missed the point I was originally trying to make. The partial quote was taken from my wider post whereby I was attempting to encourage the "doomsayers" (for want of a better word) on this forum to not instantly dismiss the opinions of those trying to speak sense - the wider idea is that everyone should listen to what another person has to say, as if you don't, how can you be expected to be listened to, learn or express yourself? How can you come to understand why someone has come to such a negative viewpoint?

I find it has been a wider part of my narrative since joining the forum: to combat the negativity, the falsehoods, the sexism and whatever else. Indeed as I said similarly in another topic today - there are people who - in light of increasingly shoddy journalism - are determined to prove that two plus two equals five and decree this film is ruined. I'm not one of those people. I'm on a james bond forum because I am happy to see the production of another james bond film. Simple. If others are unhappy about the franchise, then I'll observe their opinions and offer my either simialir or alternative view. Thus is discussion.

My posts are contextualised in the light of this forum, not general life. Ergo, The suggestion that in believing someone has the right to express a negative opinion on a bond film - which can then be alternatively picked apart by someone with an alternative view - somehow encourages the rise of fascism in nazi Germany is rather tedious in consideration of this forum but a valid point in the wider concept of the world well made and taken on board.

You make a fair point about taking a stance against the tabloids. But positivity doesn't sell. For every "stand by the producer" quote they printed they'd - for the sake of balance - print a negative one. Because opinion comes from two avenues. Whereas fact is only one, rather neglected, road. The fact is there is only one way these stories and negativities are going to be counteracted - by a good film - and that, in certain, shall be the end result.
    Isn’t it interesting that SF was the only movie that Craig wasn’t hurt on? And it’s his only good one. Uh oh....

I keed, I keed :)
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    These Craig injury articles are hilarious. Next up, production will be delayed until 2022 while Craig recovers from nicking himself while shaving.

;;)
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 22
    ]
    Yesterday Wright was in Pinewood and looked like the production was still motoring along.
    Waller-Bridge didn’t mention anything about production stalling during the Baftas on Sunday.

Plus, a few pages back a board member mentioned that Craig was snapped in NY over the weekend.

Sorry but I really don’t think that production has stalled and really won’t believe it until it’s confirmed by a more reputable source than an English newspaper.

Let there be injury,

And you are?

What kind of a question is that ? how exactly do you expect one to respond to It ?

Without being involved in the production of the movie when news breaks out that there's an injury by multiple sources ,you take it as some sort of personal insult. You get all defensive and you aren't able to accept it as if someones bad mouthing your own child and you're sticking up for it. You really need to go out more and breathe some fresh air. If only you could see how this looks from afar. Reddit's James Bond sub was right when they said this place has a lot of "tossers" .

But we could always do with one more! So I, for one, am glad you are here.

We shall toast then.

Wastin' time…
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

They're professionals at what they do, they've been making these movies for more than 50 years and this isn't the first time Dan's got injured, He had to get stitches and what not in QoS and they still got that out in time, they'll manage to get it out on time with or without injury.

Again, who are you?

How old are you ? like 12
    Here's hoping you get out of your little bubble sooner rather than later, Ive been on these forums for a good 9 years, Univex, Shardlake, RC7 GetaFix, Risico007 are all familiar to me. Your name I cannot recall.
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

We shall toast then.

De funniez.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 137
    Crumbs, I go away for 5 minutes and it all becomes a bit serious. I agree the tabloids are fanatical about rubbishing DC but I guess it fills column inches. Now if they want to flex their journalistic skills, I've got a cold case. Whatever did happen with Stacy Sutton at the end of AVTAK that made Bond make that noise. Where exactly did the soap go? We the people demand answers.

robot.png
    Crumbs, I go away for 5 minutes and it all becomes a bit serious. I agree the tabloids are fanatical about rubbishing DC but I guess it fills column inches. Now if they want to flex their journalistic skills, I've got a cold case. Whatever did happen with Stacy Sutton at the end of AVTAK that made Bond make that noise. Where exactly did the soap go? We the people demand answers.

robot.png

I have that bar of soap signed by the two actors.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

We shall toast then.

Wastin' time…
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

Again, who are you?

Here's hoping you get out of your little bubble sooner rather than later, Ive been on these forums for a good 9 years, Univex, Shardlake, RC7 GetaFix, Risico007 are all familiar to me. Your name I cannot recall.

Your bio says you have been here for 2 years?

Either way, hopefully long enough to form your own opinions and relationships, and not rely on Reddit to assess the good folk here. I do hope that was said with tongue firmly in cheek.
    @MI6 @JamesPage @AndrewLucas

Would be cool to get the 'Meet the Cast' and 'Meet the Filmmaker' segments for Bond 25 on the main site.

I was just flicking through the coverage for both SF and SP on the main features and they were a little more comprehensive.

The main features are a great source in the interests of posterity once the film's have come out.
    NicNac wrote: »
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

We shall toast then.

Wastin' time…
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

Again, who are you?

Your bio says you have been here for 2 years?

Either way, hopefully long enough to form your own opinions and relationships, and not rely on Reddit to assess the good folk here. I do hope that was said with tongue firmly in cheek.

:-? Why is it, then, that I'm not so sure?
    Univex wrote: »

All very well said my dear man but I'm afraid you may have, in your rather well written response, missed the point I was originally trying to make. The partial quote was taken from my wider post whereby I was attempting to encourage the "doomsayers" (for want of a better word) on this forum to not instantly dismiss the opinions of those trying to speak sense - the wider idea is that everyone should listen to what another person has to say, as if you don't, how can you be expected to be listened to, learn or express yourself? How can you come to understand why someone has come to such a negative viewpoint?

I find it has been a wider part of my narrative since joining the forum: to combat the negativity, the falsehoods, the sexism and whatever else. Indeed as I said similarly in another topic today - there are people who - in light of increasingly shoddy journalism - are determined to prove that two plus two equals five and decree this film is ruined. I'm not one of those people. I'm on a james bond forum because I am happy to see the production of another james bond film. Simple. If others are unhappy about the franchise, then I'll observe their opinions and offer my either simialir or alternative view. Thus is discussion.

My posts are contextualised in the light of this forum, not general life. Ergo, The suggestion that in believing someone has the right to express a negative opinion on a bond film - which can then be alternatively picked apart by someone with an alternative view - somehow encourages the rise of fascism in nazi Germany is rather tedious in consideration of this forum but a valid point in the wider concept of the world well made and taken on board.

You make a fair point about taking a stance against the tabloids. But positivity doesn't sell. For every "stand by the producer" quote they printed they'd - for the sake of balance - print a negative one. Because opinion comes from two avenues. Whereas fact is only one, rather neglected, road. The fact is there is only one way these stories and negativities are going to be counteracted - by a good film - and that, in certain, shall be the end result.

Wasn't arguing against you and I would find it hard to do it now. Agreed on all accounts, @HalfOfEverything. Sorry if I used your rather well written post to expand on the subject in a critical way. It was meant to be directed to the topic itself, not your comments on it. Cheers.

I publish once in a while, and I'd disagree. I don't think the problem is 'positivity', per se, but newsworthiness. This is a "dog bites man" vs. "man bites dog" situation.

"Bond fans support Bond Movie on Bond Website" is not news, and it wouldn't be published by an editor who had a regular slate on his hands. Perhaps there's a fresh angle to be taken on this, or someone could use this as a starting point for a thoughtful essay on tabloid culture or something. But on the surface of it . . . there's nothing there.
    octofinger wrote: »
    "Bond fans support Bond Movie on Bond Website" is not news, and it wouldn't be published by an editor who had a regular slate on his hands. Perhaps there's a fresh angle to be taken on this, or someone could use this as a starting point for a thoughtful essay on tabloid culture or something. But on the surface of it . . . there's nothing there.

Well, to be fair, the stance fans took about the latest instalments and direction of the SW films were very publicised, ad nauseam, really. I don't quite agree there's nothing there. And I wouldn't refer it as a "bond site" as I've seen our reactions mirrored on all "bond sites". Why shouldn't we be vocal? And why wouldn't' that be of interest? To suggest the press is askew on this particular matter? It would serve as meta press, and it would surely get some clicks. I've worked on the area for seven years before I quit, ages ago, and this sort of new was ideal, specially if everyone else was doing the exact opposite. I've see it work countless times.
    This just in!!!

Daniel Craig has contracted cholera while attempting to drive a stick shift!!
    Naomie Harris caught crying after a spat with director Fukunaga!!
    Ana De Armas is armed with a deadly machine gun and seen yelling uncontrollably. More to follow!!!
    Jeffrey Wright is drunk again in the bar. Rumor has it it’s Craig’s fault!!
    It was raining all day here in Jamaica. This can’t be good!!!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    This just in!!!

Ana De Armas is armed with a deadly machine gun and seen yelling uncontrollably. More to follow!!!

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    This just in!!!

And a number of crew kept slipping on banana peels. =))
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    This just in!!!

And a number of crew kept slipping on banana peels. =))

What is this? Mario Kart?