No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited May 2019 Posts: 467
    acidie wrote: »
    He probably has injured himself, but I would say cancelled is an over exaggeration, they have probably fiddled around with the schedule and are probably filming scenes that dont require Daniel at the moment. We have seen pics from Pinewood, so they are still going forward. I remember when Halle Berry "lost an eye" in the press filming DAD, while she said she had dirt in it.

No, they didn't have any medic at the time, but they had vets specialized in racing horses near the set when it happened, so Craig was put down as soon as it appeared that his leg was damaged. Casting for a new male lead is reportedly underway.
    octofinger wrote: »
    I've said it before, and I'll said it again: EON should use some of the boatload of cash made across the last 2 films to commission a top-tier studio to take a crack at making a game. A big-budget, 3rd-person, cinematic adventure with great setpieces, characters, and production design along the lines of Uncharted. Get us immersed in everything from the clothing and cars to the exotic locations.

These games are much harder to make than people assume. EA tried to develop a Star Wars game with such a description. They even put Amy Hennig, who had directed the first three Uncharted games, in charge of the project. It turned into an Uncharted ripoff with most of the story beats lifted from different episodes.

A big issue for a James Bond video game is that it isn't exactly celebrated as a gaming franchise. Goldeneye is the only title most people (outside of the Bond fans) can name, and it's 24-year-old. Compare this to the Arkham trilogy by Rocksteady. If a new Batman video game were released next week, people would buy it just because the Arkham trilogy was great. If it were a new James Bond video game, people would ask for more details before taking a decision.

A few years ago, many people commented that the short "Stolen Memory" mission from Mass Effect 2 had a James Bond vibe, and it makes total sense. It takes place in the mansion of a wealthy master criminal, and you're supposed to investigate, through scanning or conversation, before you get all the pieces of information you need to access a vault. Unfortunately, BioWare is now a shadow of what it was in 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_2:_Kasumi_–_Stolen_Memory
    Variety is chiming in, seems the fallout of Craig's injury is bigger than expected https://variety.com/2019/film/news/james-bond-25-suspends-shooting-daniel-craig-injury-1203214273/
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    antovolk wrote: »
    Variety is chiming in, seems the fallout of Craig's injury is bigger than expected https://variety.com/2019/film/news/james-bond-25-suspends-shooting-daniel-craig-injury-1203214273/

This made me chuckle.

• edited May 2019 Posts: 1,661
    This is history repeating itself. We all know of the knee injury that stalled SPECTRE's production schedule and it's happened again! Craig has had a few injuries during his time as Bond. Brosnan had a running injury when making DAD's pre-credit scene. And he got a facial scar making TND. These injuries are not that uncommon, sadly. It's dangerous playing James Bond!

Perhaps this injury will convince Craig this is his final Bond film? If it's a serious injury (hopefully not too serious) I'm guessing he'll retire. Let's hope there isn't a major delay otherwise Bond 25 could go back to a winter release date.
    Craig got injured again.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 154

Again, sourcing the report from The Sun

Even there is some truth to it, it allows for further work to happen on the script.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Matt wrote: »

Again, sourcing the report from The Sun

YES, this is just parroting The Sun. The tabloid echo chamber is spilling over...
    Posted this in the other thread:
    Couple of new tidbits here:

1. Phoebe Waller Bridge came on board since the very start of the year
    2. There was a title supposedly ready to reveal but MGM/Universal claimed 'it wasn't strong enough' so they held it back
    3. Don't expect Bond 25 Funko pops as the deal is now dead. Which is a shame because, that's the sort of stuff that's now expected of big franchises/films now...

This is intriguing......I wonder what the title was. I imagine that they got fairly far down the road with it. There's a good chance that is was horrible. But who cares? The quicker you name it, the quicker you can build a brand around it. Neither, SF or QOS are strong titles but they quickly established their context.

Nope.

It's quoting The Sun directly. This is not confirmation. I suspect there is a germ of truth to the tabloid reports, but it's hardly conclusive at this moment. If this is true, I suspect some word from MGM/Universal soon-ish.
    A new Bond game (or games) would be the only thing that could lure me back into gaming again. Haven't played a video game in 3-4 years.

If you read the entire article, you realize that they have no definite strategy so far regarding a Bond video game. It's just a catalog-wide deal over merchandising in the gaming industry that starts with a select number of franchises. Expect at least a bunch of free-to-play mobile games where they just change the visuals and a few minor elements to get either a James Bond or a Robocop version. Or some slot machines.

If they had a clear idea of what a James Bond video game should have, it would have resulted in a specific deal, not something that also involves "Are You Smarter than a Fifth-Grader?" It's basically the equivalent of a PowerPoint presentation where an executive explained that VG licensing could bring MGM a few dozens millions annually for almost zero cost. The program has been okayed, and that's it all.

Yeah, I guessed this probably was the case without reading through the article. We're most likely far away from getting an actual, proper video game. At least with a new Bond film on the way, it might be a slim chance a video game will be a possibility some time in the future.

Injustic gods among us mobile is my most played game to be honest if they develop a fun to play 007 mobile game I would love it and play it

2. There was a title supposedly ready to reveal but MGM/Universal claimed 'it wasn't strong enough' so they held it back
    3. Don't expect Bond 25 Funko pops as the deal is now dead. Which is a shame because, that's the sort of stuff that's now expected of big franchises/films now...

This is intriguing......I wonder what the title was. I imagine that they got fairly far down the road with it. There's a good chance that is was horrible. But who cares? The quicker you name it, the quicker you can build a brand around it. Neither, SF or QOS are strong titles but they quickly established their context.

Nope.

It's quoting The Sun directly. This is not confirmation. I suspect there is a germ of truth to the tabloid reports, but it's hardly conclusive at this moment. If this is true, I suspect some word from MGM/Universal soon-ish.

I don't think Variety would be posting it if they didn't hear on their end that there is indeed some truth to The Sun's reports. Interestingly though THR and Deadline are yet to chime in, maybe they'll carry MGM/EON comments...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    WHY?! Filming finally begins & now they’re entertaining the idea of a possible suspension/delay. Craig’s gotta lay off the stunts.
  • tqbtqb
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    WHY?! Filming finally begins & now they’re entertaining the idea of a possible suspension/delay. Craig’s gotta lay off the stunts.

Lol it’s a ruse for them to finish the script
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

- Very interesting, thank you. Is JamesBondLive usually reliable? What's their track record like?

- Honestly I couldn't care less, I'd be much more interested in some new videogames.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A helicopter company (Nord Helikopter)has applied for permission to close the air space over the Atlantic Road in Møre og Romsdal 5th to 14th June for shooting scenes for Bond 25.
    sy964d67.jpg

They will be using two helicopters, one for camera equipment and one for people and other equipment, and as backup.According to NRK, there will probably also be shot scenes in Rauma.

https://www.nrk.no/mr/james-bond-til-atlanterhavsvegen-1.14548934
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,606
    Freakin awesome!! Finally! Been saying for years that road belongs in a Bond film. How incredible is that? Now these are good news. Thank you.

?image=%2Fdmsimgs%2F4569C3FC0B1B7C2EB141E4D16E4F97F13D3DFA01.jpg&action=ProductDetailFullWidth
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Great find, Thundy. I believe someone mentioned this road on one of the forums a while back, as a location they'd like to see used. Looks amazing and unique.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Atlanterhavsveien,+Norway/@63.0137368,7.3335365,4967m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x46115e324798930f:0xefa67af027ab6918!8m2!3d63.0168142!4d7.3548186
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Now that's a location!
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    That's a beautiful looking road!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Excellent news! Back to Norway it is.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    A helicopter company (Nord Helikopter)has applied for permission to close the air space over the Atlantic Road in Møre og Romsdal 5th to 14th June for shooting scenes for Bond 25.
    sy964d67.jpg

They will be using two helicopters, one for camera equipment and one for people and other equipment, and as backup.According to NRK, there will probably also be shot scenes in Rauma.

Wow! Fantastic news. I hope it’s a car chase sequence. This will look incredible. EXCELLENT location.
    I knew there had to be more in the bag for Norway - that little cabin in the woods couldn not have been the lot of it!
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,156
    there will probably also be shot scenes in Rauma.
    Which has been confirmed by other norwegian sources. Rauma Romsdalen (Rauma Valley) it is.
    44527065445_897b5ed6c2_b.jpg

Yes! So happy to hear they're returning and bringing those stunning landscapes into the film. This has the potential to be the most beautifully shot and visually engaging Bond film in a long time -- and that's saying something, because I think Craig's era has been particularly excellent in that regard.
  • RC7RC7
    Excellent.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That is a fantastic location!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Great news about Norway. Sad news about Craig.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Looks very promising.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    octofinger wrote: »
    (This is tangential to Bond 25 but follows on from the video game news above.)

I've said it before, and I'll said it again: EON should use some of the boatload of cash made across the last 2 films to commission a top-tier studio to take a crack at making a game. A big-budget, 3rd-person, cinematic adventure with great setpieces, characters, and production design along the lines of Uncharted. Get us immersed in everything from the clothing and cars to the exotic locations.

If you take an honest crack at doing this and it fails, so be it - no more video game Bond. But that would be far better than carrying on with halfhearted stuff.

Agreed very much with most of this. However it does not necessarily require a top tier studio, just someone that is grateful for the opportunity and determined to make the best of it rather than take the generic-games-for-the-sake-of-it approach that most big studios that have produced bond games have eventually fell into previously. In fact the more I think about it, the more giving the franchise to a smaller but more dedicated studio - like Rare back in the day - may well go down a treat as they'll have everything to prove rather than just cash in.

@007Blofeld aware of that fact my dear man, regrettably a British sense of being sardonic isn't often picked up in text.

@HalfOfEverything so you didn't get what I was getting at or I'm confused by your statement?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    A new Bond game (or games) would be the only thing that could lure me back into gaming again. Haven't played a video game in 3-4 years.

If you read the entire article, you realize that they have no definite strategy so far regarding a Bond video game. It's just a catalog-wide deal over merchandising in the gaming industry that starts with a select number of franchises. Expect at least a bunch of free-to-play mobile games where they just change the visuals and a few minor elements to get either a James Bond or a Robocop version. Or some slot machines.

If they had a clear idea of what a James Bond video game should have, it would have resulted in a specific deal, not something that also involves "Are You Smarter than a Fifth-Grader?" It's basically the equivalent of a PowerPoint presentation where an executive explained that VG licensing could bring MGM a few dozens millions annually for almost zero cost. The program has been okayed, and that's it all.

Yeah, I guessed this probably was the case without reading through the article. We're most likely far away from getting an actual, proper video game. At least with a new Bond film on the way, it might be a slim chance a video game will be a possibility some time in the future.

Injustic gods among us mobile is my most played game to be honest if they develop a fun to play 007 mobile game I would love it and play it

Same even a mobile 007 game I'm down for just something video game Bond related.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2019 Posts: 15,681
    sy964d67.jpg

Some video footage of that road/bridge in this Mercedes test advert from 2010:

Gorgeous location, can't wait to see it in Bond 25.