No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Zekidk wrote: »
    "Daniel Craig spotted filming exotic scenes with new ‘Bond Girl"

So where does Swann fit in now? Is he cheating on her? Or did they split up, only to be reunited?

They are in an open arrangemet. She gave Bond permission to dip his ice cream stick in a chocolare cup.
    that’s nasty

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    giphy.gif
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Wait is

Really the title?

Apparently it is

007 NEW WORK

"Code Number 007" would be a better title imo...
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "Daniel Craig spotted filming exotic scenes with new ‘Bond Girl"

So where does Swann fit in now? Is he cheating on her? Or did they split up, only to be reunited?

They are in an open arrangemet. She gave Bond permission to dip his ice cream stick in a chocolare cup.

Bad mental image 🤣😑
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Lashana Lynch is definitely not my type. Hopefully bond doesn’t bed her

Hm?

She isn t my type either, so Bond can bed her as much as he likes.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 53
    So is that the rule now? The opposite number in Bond Films have to be the collective "type" of the fan base otherwise by laws of scriptwriting and filmmaking Bond shouldn't sleep with them?

By that logic I guess now I know why Silva didn't go all the way with his flirtations and bed Bond in Skyfall because Javier Bardem simply isn't my type... Christ. Despite the depths of the forums, such shallow pools. I'm sure Lashana will do an admirable job performing the role in which she was likely cast due to her abilities as an actress , whether her character hooks up with Bond or not, or whether she is people's "type" or not.
    So is that the rule now? The opposite number in Bond Films have to be the collective "type" of the fan base otherwise by laws of scriptwriting and filmmaking Bond shouldn't sleep with them?

By that logic I guess now I know why Silva didn't go all the way with his flirtations and bed Bond in Skyfall because Javier Bardem simply isn't my type... Christ. Despite the depths of the forums, such shallow pools. I'm sure Lashana will do an admirable job performing the role in which she was likely cast due to her abilities as an actress , whether her character hooks up with Bond or not, or whether she is people's "type" or not.
    Well let’s face it. There are expectations for a Bond girl. There’s a reason Ursula Andress emerged from the sea in DN and not Lotte Lenya. Yes Bond should bed a certain “type”. Andress is certainly a type we can all appreciate. At least I can’t imagine anyone kicking her out of their bed.

• edited May 2019 Posts: 725
    Anyone think malek is playing a Zuckerberg type? It's about time Bond came face to face with a nerd from california who runs a tech empire.

Very relevant to modern times.
    Anyone think malek is playing a Zuckerberg type? It's about time Bond came face to face with a nerd from california who runs a tech empire.

Very relevant.

I just want something truly threatening plot that destroys the world again.

@HalfOfEverything Bond isn't gay.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Very relevant.

I, for one, think Bond should stay away from 'tech' plotlines for a while. It's hard to make them compelling.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    octofinger wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Very relevant.

I, for one, think Bond should stay away from 'tech' plotlines for a while. It's hard to make them compelling.

+1
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    A good ol' nuclear bomb would be nice again. It's been twenty years.

Whatever it is, it has to be visceral, tangible . . . real. We've had a lot of plots lately based on people clacking keys and staring at screens and doing . . . things with computers with vague powers and unknown limits.

Bring it back into the real!

Whatever it is, it has to be visceral, tangible . . . real. We've had a lot of plots lately based on people clacking keys and staring at screens and doing . . . things with computers with vague powers and unknown limits.

Bring it back into the real!

+1
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    MGM Studios New Licensing Program to be Built Around Franchises Including James Bond
    https://bondonthebox.wordpress.com/2019/05/14/mgm-studios-new-licensing-program-to-be-built-around-franchises-including-james-bond/

MGM Studios is sharpening its focus on licensing, particularly via location-based entertainment and video and mobile games.

The licensing program, with Brandgenuity continuing as its agency, initially will be built around James Bond, Legally Blonde, Robocop, The Addams Family, Rocky and Pink Panther as well as the TV reality shows “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader” (slated for release on June 10 on Nickelodeon) and “Eco-Challenge” (2020 on Amazon Prime Video), says Robert Marick, a former Discovery executive who joined MGM in February as Executive VP for Consumer Products and Experiences.

“MGM evaluated its past approach to licensing and realized it had under-developed not only its classic films, but also that there are new opportunities for building out programs across the board,” says Marick. “MGM is going to take a much more strategic franchise approach to how it licenses in the future.”
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Thank goodness, the return of the bond video games! Watch them give it back to Activison tho!
    A new Bond game (or games) would be the only thing that could lure me back into gaming again. Haven't played a video game in 3-4 years.
    A new Bond game (or games) would be the only thing that could lure me back into gaming again. Haven't played a video game in 3-4 years.

I don't even know the last time I owned one. I do own a Goldeneye Nintendo 64 special!!!! Just hardly have time to consistently play it.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,235
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I don't even know the last time I owned one. I do own a Goldeneye Nintendo 64 special!!!! Just hardly have time to consistently play it.

I have a (regular) N64 as well. It's probably the console I'm most fond of owning. Don't have many games for it though, unfortunately.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    MGM Studios New Licensing Program to be Built Around Franchises Including James Bond
    https://bondonthebox.wordpress.com/2019/05/14/mgm-studios-new-licensing-program-to-be-built-around-franchises-including-james-bond/

MGM Studios is sharpening its focus on licensing, particularly via location-based entertainment and video and mobile games.

The licensing program, with Brandgenuity continuing as its agency, initially will be built around James Bond, Legally Blonde, Robocop, The Addams Family, Rocky and Pink Panther as well as the TV reality shows “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader” (slated for release on June 10 on Nickelodeon) and “Eco-Challenge” (2020 on Amazon Prime Video), says Robert Marick, a former Discovery executive who joined MGM in February as Executive VP for Consumer Products and Experiences.

“MGM evaluated its past approach to licensing and realized it had under-developed not only its classic films, but also that there are new opportunities for building out programs across the board,” says Marick. “MGM is going to take a much more strategic franchise approach to how it licenses in the future.”

Yes get that merchandise pumping and video games please make Bond great again 😎😎😎😂🤣🤣
    Is Craig hurt or is it more crap thrown at the production?
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France

If you read the entire article, you realize that they have no definite strategy so far regarding a Bond video game. It's just a catalog-wide deal over merchandising in the gaming industry that starts with a select number of franchises. Expect at least a bunch of free-to-play mobile games where they just change the visuals and a few minor elements to get either a James Bond or a Robocop version. Or some slot machines.

If they had a clear idea of what a James Bond video game should have, it would have resulted in a specific deal, not something that also involves "Are You Smarter than a Fifth-Grader?" It's basically the equivalent of a PowerPoint presentation where an executive explained that VG licensing could bring MGM a few dozens millions annually for almost zero cost. The program has been okayed, and that's it all.

• tqbtqb
    More hogwash? Devils advocate, why would someone completely lie about an injury?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9067706/james-bond-filming-cancelled-daniel-craig-ankle/
    Hardly a surprise when the star is old enough for senior discounts at most restaurants.
    He probably has injured himself, but I would say cancelled is an over exaggeration, they have probably fiddled around with the schedule and are probably filming scenes that dont require Daniel at the moment. We have seen pics from Pinewood, so they are still going forward. I remember when Halle Berry "lost an eye" in the press filming DAD, while she said she had dirt in it.
    (This is tangential to Bond 25 but follows on from the video game news above.)

I've said it before, and I'll said it again: EON should use some of the boatload of cash made across the last 2 films to commission a top-tier studio to take a crack at making a game. A big-budget, 3rd-person, cinematic adventure with great setpieces, characters, and production design along the lines of Uncharted. Get us immersed in everything from the clothing and cars to the exotic locations.

If you take an honest crack at doing this and it fails, so be it - no more video game Bond. But that would be far better than carrying on with halfhearted stuff.

If you read the entire article, you realize that they have no definite strategy so far regarding a Bond video game. It's just a catalog-wide deal over merchandising in the gaming industry that starts with a select number of franchises. Expect at least a bunch of free-to-play mobile games where they just change the visuals and a few minor elements to get either a James Bond or a Robocop version. Or some slot machines.

If they had a clear idea of what a James Bond video game should have, it would have resulted in a specific deal, not something that also involves "Are You Smarter than a Fifth-Grader?" It's basically the equivalent of a PowerPoint presentation where an executive explained that VG licensing could bring MGM a few dozens millions annually for almost zero cost. The program has been okayed, and that's it all.

Yeah, I guessed this probably was the case without reading through the article. We're most likely far away from getting an actual, proper video game. At least with a new Bond film on the way, it might be a slim chance a video game will be a possibility some time in the future.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 53
    (This is tangential to Bond 25 but follows on from the video game news above.)

I've said it before, and I'll said it again: EON should use some of the boatload of cash made across the last 2 films to commission a top-tier studio to take a crack at making a game. A big-budget, 3rd-person, cinematic adventure with great setpieces, characters, and production design along the lines of Uncharted. Get us immersed in everything from the clothing and cars to the exotic locations.

If you take an honest crack at doing this and it fails, so be it - no more video game Bond. But that would be far better than carrying on with halfhearted stuff.

Agreed very much with most of this. However it does not necessarily require a top tier studio, just someone that is grateful for the opportunity and determined to make the best of it rather than take the generic-games-for-the-sake-of-it approach that most big studios that have produced bond games have eventually fell into previously. In fact the more I think about it, the more giving the franchise to a smaller but more dedicated studio - like Rare back in the day - may well go down a treat as they'll have everything to prove rather than just cash in.

@007Blofeld aware of that fact my dear man, regrettably a British sense of being sardonic isn't often picked up in text.
    Posted this in the other thread:
    Couple of new tidbits here:

1. Phoebe Waller Bridge came on board since the very start of the year
    2. There was a title supposedly ready to reveal but MGM/Universal claimed 'it wasn't strong enough' so they held it back
    3. Don't expect Bond 25 Funko pops as the deal is now dead. Which is a shame because, that's the sort of stuff that's now expected of big franchises/films now...