No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

ColonelSun wrote: »
    Matt wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »

Love this, but this could be a night off for Cary? I'd have thought that all interiors would be shot at Pinewood?

If a location can provide a great interior in situ, then that's great and sometimes easier and cheaper than recreating something similar on a stage. LIke the bar in DN for example, it has the perfect feel and easy to pack out with locals for the scenes, so it really is authentic. My guess is the photo is one such location.

Appreciate the response @ColonelSun. I do hope it's in the film. Wasn't it mentioned a while back that a DJ was doing work on Bond 25? Perhaps there's a party going on...
    Hoping we get a creative musical score. Byron Lee featured in Dr No. Would be nice if they used some young up and coming local talent for B25. I'm sure Cary's got it covered.

I want a score that incorporates songs and other artists in the way that Barry did in his prime.

Let's throw off the cobwebs of the Mendes era and have a blast.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Hoping we get a creative musical score. Byron Lee featured in Dr No. Would be nice if they used some young up and coming local talent for B25. I'm sure Cary's got it covered.

I want a score that incorporates songs and other artists in the way that Barry did in his prime.

Let's throw off the cobwebs of the Mendes era and have a blast.
    Is it too much to ask that we will get the Bond theme played in full during the film
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2019 Posts: 1,756
    News has been really slow these few days.

Fairly encouraging words from her, actually.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,979

I like this article, especially the part where she praises the story.

And some will take issue with her "sneaking in" feminist humor. That doesn't bother me. And the better-written the characters, the better the movie.

An example is MP in GE. "You'll have to make good on your innuendos" is good writing and still true to her character.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Looks like the Caribbeans tropical landscape will feature a lot. Exciting. Plus, Matera's rocky nature and ancient architecture will guarantee another exciting, unique look and feeling. 100% Bond.
    Indeed, Mr. Roark, quite excited by that.

;)

Did we figured out if the movie will open in Matera or in Jamaica? Because the PTS has been reported to feature Matera, but BB said that in the beginning of the movie we will find Bond enjoying life in Jamaica. A PTS without Bond, perhaps. Feels like a Chris Nolan "Batman" prologue situation.

Well, to be fair, Bond had done it way before Nolan. Dr. No and FRWL spring to mind, although in FRWL he was a double.

Yes, exactly. 007 mostly has always been the first. But I mean, I was thinking about a situation where the villain is established in a prologue that really sets the upcoming events. Wasn't TDKR airplane prologue about a kidnap of a scientist? :)

Yes, it sure was. I'm more partial to a Bond centred stylish opening before the titles roll. But hey, if they can pull a villainous one, that as you say establishes the villain as a true menace, then I'm all for it. I just hope they don't do a gimmick and have another 007 do an action scene only to be revealed as not James Bond - cue titles. That would really be quite awful, IMO.

Look my friend, as for now I don't see a classic Bond centric action packed PTS directly followed by James chilling, smoking, fishing and sailing peacefully in Jamaica. I'm more inclined to believe that something bad happens in the PTS and then this events will lead to Felix knocking at Bond's property for "help". We'll see. Pretty curious about how Madeleine aka "the reason to quit" will fit in all this.

EDIT: sorry, nowadays no more cigars.

Or the PTS could feature Bond in an action sequence, then a time jump before the main film proper opens with Bond in Jamaica.
    Yes I agree, so far nothing to worry about. Waller-Bridge even says: "It's really exciting. The film they've got is such an exciting story. It's just been a joy to work on" which bodes well. Also, she praises the previous Bond girls when asked what she'll bring new to the script. "It's mainly about making them feel like real people, you know? Which they do in the previous films. I think Daniel's films have had really fantastic Bond girls, so it's just keeping it up."
    An exciting story? Coming from a good storyteller. I'm stoked.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    An exciting story? Coming from a good storyteller. I'm stoked.

I hope so. There have been a lot of new-to-Bond writers on this one (including Hodge), so I'm hoping for something special.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm gonna trust the words of Waller Bridge, both Fleabag and her contribution to Killing Eve have been some of the best things on telly.

In fact Killing Eve did kind of put Bodyguard into perspective for me, while I enjoyed it, I found the quirky, compelling and very funny KE which we watched straight after Jed Mercurio's follow up to Line of Duty much more refreshing and fun.

Bond 25 is looking extremely promising, all the ingredients are amounting to something very special.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Yeah all I see is positive things from this upcoming installment the PR needs work though.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Naomie Harris talks Bond 25 at GQ Heroes

Speaking at British GQ Heroes, Naomie Harris said that she does not have any details on Bond 25 and that the cast will likely only receive their own part of the script to read, something that did not happen on previous films.
    They must have little to do in the film. Maybe tanner gets more screen time?
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Speaking at British GQ Heroes, Naomie Harris said that she does not have any details on Bond 25 and that the cast will likely only receive their own part of the script to read, something that did not happen on previous films.
    "Not an issue." (It is.)
    "This is completely normal." (It isn't.)

"Not an issue." (It is.)

why does Naomie harris need to read Daniel Craig's lines or Rami Mallik's

also you never responded to my pm
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited May 2019 Posts: 2,630

"Not an issue." (It is.)

It isn't unheard of either.

According to this, only Robert Downey Jr. got to see the full script during the production of Avengers: Endgame, which is a massive success. Members of the cast are only given scripts that are important to their storyline, which seems like what Naomie Harris is dealing with here. It wasn't an issue there, why is it now?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

"Not an issue." (It is.)

According to this, only Robert Downey Jr. got to see the full script during the production of Avengers: Endgame, which is a massive success. Members of the cast are only given scripts that are important to their storyline, which seems like what Naomie Harris is dealing with here. It wasn't an issue there, why is it now?

It's becoming a more standardised practice among the bigger franchises due to all the data leaks.

The cast of Game of Thrones didn't even get scripts for this season, they were fed their dialogue line by line via an earpiece.

"Not an issue." (It is.)

It's becoming a more standardised practice among the bigger franchises due to all the data leaks.

The cast of Game of Thrones didn't even get scripts for this season, they were fed their dialogue line by line via an earpiece.

Going a bit far isn't it?

Surely there comes a point where that's just counter productive
  • manovermanover uk
    This seems sensible to avoid leaks
    next thing you know going to set will feel like a hostage situation
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited May 2019 Posts: 8,034

"Not an issue." (It is.)

I had heard from a couple of people in Belfast that scripts on Game Of Thrones were delivered, encrypted, and after x amount of time, the files would expire and self-delete. It meant anyone who needed to know story details knew them but there was no copies of the script to leak.

In comparison with that level of insanity, Bond 25 is a fine example of normality.
    Excellent to hear that the story is very good, as it is such a key necessity to a good movie regardless of the genre.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,619

"Not an issue." (It is.)

This is normal practice in case of mega franchises with millions of obsessed fans around the globe who are addicted to leaks. Bond is different. Most Bond fans are casual fans, nothing more. There are very few of us, hardcore fans. Compare the size of Game of Thrones, or Marvel or Star Wars subreddits to the Bond subreddit.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

"Not an issue." (It is.)

This is normal practice in case of mega franchises with millions of obsessed fans around the globe who are addicted to leaks. Bond is different. Most Bond fans are casual fans, nothing more. Compare the size of Game of Thrones, or Marvel or Star Wars subreddits to the Bond subreddit.
    The War of the Worlds remake went through the same process. And that is no mega franchise with millions of obsessed fans.

"Not an issue." (It is.)

This is normal practice in case of mega franchises with millions of obsessed fans around the globe who are addicted to leaks. Bond is different. Most Bond fans are casual fans, nothing more. There are very few of us, hardcore fans. Compare the size of Game of Thrones, or Marvel or Star Wars subreddits to the Bond subreddit.
    After the Spectre script leaks you really can’t blame EON for wanting to go that extra step to secure the script.
    Absolutely nothing to worry about. Rejoice in the fact that a new Bond is currently in production!

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

"Not an issue." (It is.)

You're the expert, expert.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Minion wrote: »

"Not an issue." (It is.)

You're the expert, expert.
    This is an unnecessary comment.

"Not an issue." (It is.)

In Shakespeare's day the actors would only get their parts - it's not as if this kind of thing is unprecedented!