No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

M_Balje wrote: »
    Intresting enough for B-roll/Craig rail.

I do hope some photographer is at hand, for the book, I mean, Greg Williams or someone.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,619
    echo wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel Your theory that Lashana Lynch will have the second most amount of screentime after Craig will SINK very very fast. There is literally no way she will be a major character. Expect her to play a Jamaican character who will appear in one or two scenes and then never be heard or seen again. She isnt playing the rumoured female MI6 agent. No,she will play the same character Lupita would have played, and Lupita would not have played an MI6 agent.

@DeerAtTheGates I wouldn't pay any attention to jamesbondlive's tweets. They have been more often wrong than right.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lynch was grouped with Craig and Fukunaga in the interviews for a reason...
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Naomi Harris was also grouped with Craig and Fukunaga and we know she won't play a significant part in the movie. Seriously, why are some people here so offended by the notion that Lynch might play only a small part? There is nothing wrong with small roles!
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel Your theory that Lashana Lynch will have the second most amount of screentime after Craig will SINK very very fast. There is literally no way she will be a major character. Expect her to play a Jamaican character who will appear in one or two scenes and then never be heard or seen again. She isnt playing the rumoured female MI6 agent. No,she will play the same character Lupita would have played, and Lupita would not have played an MI6 agent.

@DeerAtTheGates I wouldn't pay any attention to jamesbondlive's tweets. They have been more often wrong than right.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lynch was grouped with Craig and Fukunaga in the interviews for a reason...

Let him troll.
    Since when is predicting that a certain actor will only have a small role in the film trolling?! @JamesCraig I'm getting really fed up with your BS.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Shardlake wrote: »
    If Smith is back I'll need to bring my ear plugs for the main titles.

I don't care what anyone says it's the worst theme of the series, totally inappropriate and even with the element of the plot the lyrics are referring to, the element isn't strong enough to justify that weepy love song.

I hate it.
    To be fair it was Mendes who requested "the greatest love song" for main titles and he even worked closely with Smith on the lyrics. So most of the fault relies on Mendes. The song itself is fine, the instrumental is actually beautiful and very Bondian.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Walecs wrote: »

I don't care what anyone says it's the worst theme of the series, totally inappropriate and even with the element of the plot the lyrics are referring to, the element isn't strong enough to justify that weepy love song.

I hate it.
    To be fair it was Mendes who requested "the greatest love song" for main titles and he even worked closely with Smith on the lyrics. So most of the fault relies on Mendes. The song itself is fine, the instrumental is actually beautiful and very Bondian.

That is your opinion and others, the instrumental is nothing special and feels like someone trying to do a Bond theme. It only gets people raving about it because it's one of the most melodic part of Newman's score to SP.

The song is bloody awful to my ears and Smith's falsetto is pretty weak. I have no problem with the that style of singing, now if it had been Mark Almond or David Mcalmont who have much stronger voices then thing might be different.

Although the subject of the song just doesn't ring true with the film, that element isn't that convincing, I just don't believe that Madeline is that important to Bond.

Maybe Bond 25 will address that we will see but I hope it isn't the flavour of the month again, although I fear it will be another initially big smash that has no longevity.

Smith was not picked because someone thought he needs to do a Bond theme because it's just so right, he was picked because he was the hottest thing around.

If EON continue down that route they'll continue to get big hits but songs that will be just famous for being part of the film, whereas YKMN continues to age like fine wine and sends shivers down the spine, Smith's song is instantly forgettable.

I doubt Fukunaga will say yes to the flavour of the month. Seriously doubt it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Univex wrote: »

What is his musical tastes? I would assume eclectic, but is there anything that hints at a direction for the title song?
    talos7 wrote: »

What is his musical tastes? I would assume eclectic, but is there anything that hints at a direction for the title song?

I actually have no ideia. I'm just assuming his aesthetics transcend the visual and that he has some taste in music or, at least, some cultural or historical notion of what the Bond sound should be.

I seriously hope not my friend, it depends on how much EON wants a smash hit, which is understandable but it might be at the expense of giving the film a song that is suitable.

I just think that it's about the impact of the artist and not really about their suitability any more.

I seriously hope not my friend, it depends on how much EON wants a smash hit, which is understandable but it might be at the expense of giving the film a song that is suitable.

I just think that it's about the impact of the artist and not really about their suitability any more.

True, and a crying shame that is.
    If only they could have it both ways. Adele seemed to work, although I'm not a fan. But I did enjoy the tune. Last tune I really enjoyed was David Arnold's QOS with Shirley Bassey :( Before that, CR of course.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    Say what you will about the Sun but they get some decent photos of the film being shot.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9005114/daniel-craig-james-bond-exclusive-photos-caribbean-007/amp/#

And is that Bond with a Browning Hi-Power? Old school
    Chris Cornell was not at his peak of fame when he was chosen; I don’t think a really obscure or complete unknown would be picked but hopefully the won’t go with the flavor of the month.

If only they could have it both ways. Adele seemed to work, although I'm not a fan. But I did enjoy the tune. Last tune I really enjoyed was David Arnold's QOS with Shirley Bassey :( Before that, CR of course.

I know White's tune is much derided but I'm biased being a fan but YKMN is the crowning achievement of this era.

I would just like something a bit balls out to end the Craig era, Arctic Monkeys would be fantastic, although I'm afraid it's Dua Lipa or whatever her name is.
    Yes, balls , the final song needs a shot of testosterone and not another ballad.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I see there are some spoilers on the Jamaica shoot out there better stay away from social media
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I see there are some spoilers on the Jamaica shoot out there better stay away from social media

What spoilers? :)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    @Univex can't go on Instagram without see one or two or Facebook

I hate it.
    Mendes didn’t work closely with Smith on the lyrics. That’s not true.

Can we please get back to Bond 25 discussion?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Some new on set photos. I've not directly posted the photos in case it's considered a spoiler. Enjoy :D

Yes yes yes I am getting Dr NO+THUNDERBALL+ Die Another day vibe from those photos, is bond finally smoking or was it just BTS I hope they are shooting him smoking long overdue
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Some new on set photos. I've not directly posted the photos in case it's considered a spoiler. Enjoy :D

Yes yes yes I am getting Dr NO+THUNDERBALL+ Die Another day vibe from those photos, is bond finally smoking or was it just BTS I hope they are shooting him smoking long overdue
    Very happy to see Bond in that state, again.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited May 2019 Posts: 2,541

Very happy to see Bond in that state, again.

Fleming would be proud ;)
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    I'm happy with those pictures. VERY Fleming! I always loved the colors and exotic vibe in DN and from what I've seen so far in this very early stage they pic it up.

I hate it.

That is your opinion and others,
    Yes, my posts share my opinions. Well done, lad, you're really clever!

Shaking my head

Which was not really written for QoS

I hate it.

That is your opinion and others,
    Yes, my posts share my opinions. Well done, lad, you're really clever!

Shaking my head

I wouldn't do it too much it might fall off.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Woh! Not so fast there @echo. I'm inclined to agree with @PanchitoPistoles. Lashana Lynch's presence at the Launch Event doesn't necessarily equate to her screen time in the movie. After all Bérénice Marlohe was at the Launch Event of Skyfall but she bought the bullet about midway through the movie. (Oops, should I have put a spoiler in there!!?) As was Monica Bellucci at the Spectre Launch Event, but her role was hardly what you would call major. At this stage, it's fair game to speculate how big Lynch's role will be until we get further news. For now, Léa Seydoux is the leading actress in B25, unless some of you have seen the finished shooting script and can tell us unequivocally that that isn't the case.

Not for this thread, this, but pray tell. I was told by inumemos sources that it was, and then rejected for the White song. Why would they have Quantum in the lyrics if not so? Latin fever? I think not.

Not for this thread, this, but pray tell. I was told by inumemos sources that it was, and then rejected for the White song. Why would they have Quantum in the lyrics if not so? Latin fever? I think not.
    There is not Quantum in the lyrics.
    http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t1602-no-good-about-goodbye-proof-it-is-a-bond-theme
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

“Solace” is mentioned in the song, not “Quantum.” Arnold insists it was a coincidence caused by working on both projects at the same time. Believe him or don’t, it’s your call.

There is not Quantum in the lyrics.
    http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t1602-no-good-about-goodbye-proof-it-is-a-bond-theme
    Minion wrote: »

“Solace” is mentioned in the song, not “Quantum.” Arnold insists it was a coincidence caused by working on both projects at the same time. Believe him or don’t, it’s your call.

Yep, I stand corrected. It was Solace not Quantum. Coincidence, I think not ;)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    New video from HaphazardStuff