No Time to Die production thread

Comments

peter wrote: »
    As stupid as it sounds, I'm wondering if
    Bond is alone when we meet him... this gives him time to perhaps be with Ana, once he's on the mission... later in the film, he and madeleine's paths cross again... (Maddy may have some relationship with the missing scientist?)... It's just strange that she's not yet been seen.. or it could just be scheduling and I'm wayyy over-thinking this...

Sure seems like he's alone. He's not even minding his rotten or shredded t-shirt. If accompanied, wouldn't he be more careful with his clothes, even if just slightly? Nah, I say you're right and he's alone in Jamaica.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QBranch wrote: »
    The perfect opportunity for Bond to chomp on a stogie.
    Even if the cigar doesn't get a starring role, these pics make up for it!
    The perfect opportunity for Bond to chomp on a stogie.
    Even if the cigar doesn't get a starring role, these pics make up for it!

Please, please have Bond smoke a cigar.
    Although I don't believe he will. Wolverine can, Bond can't :( Stupid, stupid PC.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,272
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Going to hazard a guess at the plot here. Eclipse, sunset, new technology....

Solar power might have something to do with it. Have you seen those huge solar towers in Spain. Thousands of mirrors pointing to one point. I also think this was a plot point from the cut script of spectre

Imagine bond tied to the top of a solar tower during an eclipse and he has to Escape before the sun comes back out. Like goldfingers laser. X1000000

http://silverbirdtv.com/uncategorized/22353/morocco-to-build-worlds-largest-concentrated-solar-power-plant/

Neat.

It's like Icarus, but on the ground. I guess that's nothing to worry about unless we start hearing the film's story starts with Bond out of active service for awhile and then he goes to Cuba and OH MY GOD NO

And now this! :-O
    260043482_9c6c4d2c09_o.gif
    13093504-6993067-image-m-70_1557004847783.jpg

I love Pierce, but Dan looks like a bonafide Steve McQueen smoking that cigar.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,869
    So we're getting a much better version of DAD with a talented and diverse cast, seemingly interesting characters and plot, with a more realistic and modern James Bond while keeping familiar tropes and classic moments? I'm totally on board.
    This movie better be great! I don't want to see these gorgeous Jamaican locations be wasted on a bad film! Who knows how many decades we will have to wait until Jamaica appears in a Bond film again...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @peter @Torgeirtrap Spoiler tags for non-major plot details aren't neccessary in this thread. Speculation is fair game too. :)
    jake24 wrote: »
    @peter @Torgeirtrap Spoiler tags for non-major plot details aren't neccessary in this thread. Speculation is fair game too. :)

Forgot about that, @jake24 – thanks for the reminder! :-)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Let's hope they keep within the Thunderball vibes by making Ana de Armas our modern Fiona Volpe :)
    I hope they let Bond smoke the cigar in the film. But with the way things are now, who knows.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I hope they let Bond smoke the cigar in the film. But with the way things are now, who knows.
    The cigar is definitely part of the shoot. Highly doubt Craig is smoking in his downtime.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The cigar is definitely part of the shoot. Highly doubt Craig is smoking in his downtime.
    Let's hope you're right. Smoking a cigar with an harpoon gun in his hand. Bond is Back!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Whomever’s chosen , we going to get a classic score to go with these images;
    Fukunaga “gets it” and appears to be crafting classic Bond.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,677
    talos7 wrote: »
    Whomever’s chosen , we going to get a classic score to go with these images;
    Fukunaga “gets it” and appears to be crafting classic Bond.

Yes, I get the same feeling. Fukunaga may be the best thing to happen to Bond in a long, long time. Every single picture so far just screams Fleming Bond in some downtime. We just need some cards scene now.

Also, Bond seems to have some affinity with rats and cats. Maybe he's pointing the gun to the cat, thinking it was someone, out of instinct. Just as he did with the mouse in SP. Well, who knows? It just looks like good old fun.
    I'm really not convinced that Bond wouldn't be back at work if he wasn't with Madeleine, though. It'd be really frustrating to keep yo-yo-ing his loyalty to M and his job between Skyfall, Spectre and now this if that's the case. It would also add a lot more to making their love story convincing to have them happy together for a least a little bit of screen time.

I also don't love the speculative potential for blatantly repeating OHMSS with having Bond run into her on his mission, either. Seems so contrived following the end of the last movie.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Re: new on the set scenes.

The clothes are not that stylish, but I'm happy to see Bond doing some skindiving and fishing with an harpoon as Fleming did (and Dexter Smythe in Octopussy). Also, the cigar (if featured in the film) would homage the late Sir Roger as well.
    naplogic wrote: »
    I'm really not convinced that Bond wouldn't be back at work if he wasn't with Madeleine, though. It'd be really frustrating to keep yo-yo-ing his loyalty to M and his job between Skyfall, Spectre and now this if that's the case. It would also add a lot more to making their love story convincing to have them happy together for a least a little bit of screen time.

I also don't love the speculative potential for blatantly repeating OHMSS with having Bond run into her on his mission, either. Seems so contrived following the end of the last movie.

Well, finding out someone from his past had webbed a bunch of megalomaniacal psychopaths actions to exert some revenge on him while putting Queen and country in danger's way, which resulted in the manipulation and subsequent death of many people, is enough to make him think about some lifelong leave in Jamaica. Right? Nothing to do with love, in the end.

About running into Madeleine whilst on a mission, well, it may be forced by an evil hand.
    Univex wrote: »

Well, finding out someone from his past had webbed a bunch of megalomaniacal psychopaths actions to exert some revenge on him while putting Queen and country in danger's way, which resulted in the manipulation and subsequent death of many people, is enough to make him think about some lifelong leave in Jamaica. Right? Nothing to do with love, in the end.

About running into Madeleine whilst on a mission, well, it may be forced by an evil hand.

The evil Shatterhand? :-D

Don't think so :)
    But they could use the name Dr. Guntram Shatterhand, in some capacity.

In the narrative, you make quite the argument. But for the sake of general audiences, stop retiring your action star every movie.

In the narrative, you make quite the argument. But for the sake of general audiences, stop retiring your action star every movie.

Well, he never left ;)
    Now he has.
    Or has he?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Craig looks at the top of his game, the best since CR.

Absolutely.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Thank you sir!
    peter wrote: »
    Craig looks at the top of his game, the best since CR.

Absolutely.

He sure does. And he genuinely seems to be having a good time. I hope that transpires into the film.

Don't think so :)
    But they could use the name Dr. Guntram Shatterhand, in some capacity.

Only joking of course, but who knows where Fukunaga takes his inspiration from!
    A couple of more pics.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9005114/daniel-craig-james-bond-exclusive-photos-caribbean-007/

So, I'm thinking Bond gets off his yacht with the fish and the harpoon gun and goes into his house. The cigar and the cat probably won't be in the final film. Right? Too bad.
    edit
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,869
    This scene seems to be the closest we're gonna get to The Hildebrand Rarity adaptation :D

The fish even looks a bit like the fish from the novel.