#08 choose between two options: CONNERY-DALTON-BROSNAN ...or... LAZENBY-MOORE-CRAIG

1101112131416»

Comments

• Lazenby - Moore - Craig for me
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Connery-Dalton-Brosnan
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Wow, what a tough choice, but I couldn’t do without CR , so Lazenby, Moore, Craig
  • I'd prefer traditional. A Bond who doesn't get emotional every 10 minutes and far from getting personal with every villain he has to encounter. I want him to be in control of his game the way Connery, Moore and Brosnan were for the most part, and I want to see him enjoying himself both on the job and off of it rather than being grumpy and brooding. And furthermore to be formal with his fashion sense and gentlemanly rather than wearing like a male model (his three-piece suit in Spectre was way too fashion-oriented).

I agree with you I want a traditional Bond again. Craig's Bond is grumpy all the time.
    Would have to go without my favourite Bond for this one, but Connery-Dalton-Brosnan it is. The sum of these eras put together will outscore Moore, only the one film for Lazenby, and the two films of Craig's I don't care for (SF/SP).
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Each to their own, of course, but I find this choice fairly pointless. A hypothetical scenario with no real-life application at all (would I arbitrarily choose not to watch half the films?), and something which provides much less information on a person's opinion than, say, a ranking of all the films, or a ranking of all the actor eras. I'll concede that a simple ranking lacks a quantitative measure of relative appreciation between the films, which this choice somewhat invites to ponder, but that could be remedied by assigning a numerical value to each film in a ranking, as well as listing the films in order of preference. Same for a ranking of actor eras.

If I have to write 'ranking' once more I'm going to throw up.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Each to their own, of course, but I find this choice fairly pointless. A hypothetical scenario with no real-life application at all (would I arbitrarily choose not to watch half the films?), and something which provides much less information on a person's opinion than, say, a ranking of all the films, or a ranking of all the actor eras. I'll concede that a simple ranking lacks a quantitative measure of relative appreciation between the films, which this choice somewhat invites to ponder, but that could be remedied by assigning a numerical value to each film in a ranking, as well as listing the films in order of preference. Same for a ranking of actor eras.

OK, very interesting, but which one of the groupings would you choose ? ;) :D

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    If I could only take three Bond actors to a tropical island, this hunk would be one of them:

106841_film_robinson_crusoe_kalandos_elete_01.jpg
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    talos7 wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »

OK, very interesting, but which one of the groupings would you choose ? ;) :D
    :)) As I said in an older post, I wouldn't choose, I'd rather commit suicide, haha! Both options have something too precious to offer to withstand the pain of it being lost.

QBranch wrote: »
    If I could only take three Bond actors to a tropical island, this hunk would be one of them:

106841_film_robinson_crusoe_kalandos_elete_01.jpg
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KQYp8xJ4kpo&t=4m27s
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,961
    Wow, a tough call.

I have to go Lazenby-Moore-Craig.

I can't give up OHMSS and CR (the best of Fleming on film), not even for Connery.