The NHL Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm game.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    hey fellas-- when's the draft?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    My apologies. I meant to do it this weekend but was not able to.

I have scheduled it for tomorrow night (Monday) at 8:00 pm. Let me know if that works
  • peterpeter Toronto
    works for me!
    I'll do my best to make it; been really, really sick this past week or so.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    If you cant let me know. I can always push to Tuesday
    I should be good to go by then. Worst case scenario, I think the draft will auto pick selections so that's better than nothing for me if so.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I might not be able to get on but auto pick is cool for me. I am excited to see the Leafs Power Play!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    thedove wrote: »
    I might not be able to get on but auto pick is cool for me. I am excited to see the Leafs Power Play!

Its going to be devastating for other teams to face!!
    Leafs will be disgustingly great again this season, I can't wait to see them play too.

Speaking of things to expect, it looks like the piece of human trash that is Tom Wilson is still up to his disgusting ways...and in preseason against the Blues, as is tradition.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Boys? Happy with picks? It took me a second to get the rhythm-- missed out on some picks I wanted, got others I didnt think I would.
    It auto drafted all mine. I'm pissed because I spent a great deal of time making my list for the past couple of weeks for nothing.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    And watch you be the bugger that wins it all!!

To celebrate our first draft I’m watching SF
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Resurrection and winning and losing at the same time
    edited October 2018 Posts: 40,473
    It'll definitely be interesting - since it was only four of us we all have some crazy lineups. Funny enough, I ended up getting Malkin and Letang, who I also had when I did the live draft last time I played years back.

EDIT: Got it figured out now. I'm trying to adjust to the rules of it all compared to last time, the point system does seem much better this time around.
    Im happy with mine. I totally forgot about this even though I set it up. Haha. Anywho, @peter who would you want for Barkov?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Im happy with mine. I totally forgot about this even though I set it up. Haha. Anywho, @peter who would you want for Barkov?

you're stacked!... Lemme think about it... I like Barkov. Young with plenty of potential...
    Yeah but as a Homer I would want either him or Trocheck from @thedove

If not, then I'll grab another Florida player
    Actually don't worry about it. I put in a claim for Evgeni Dadanov. Solid 27 goals last season
    Is there a list that spells out how points are earned/lost in our league? Can't seem to find anything.
    I got Tavares so I am quite happy! Add in Stamkos and you got some good Canadian boys right there! (Last sentence said in my best Don Cherry voice!)
    I got Tavares so I am quite happy! Add in Stamkos and you got some good Canadian boys right there! (Last sentence said in my best Don Cherry voice!)

If Cherry's saying it, he's bound to pronounce it 'Stomkis' or something. His name slip-ups are pure gold to me.

You boys see the Tom Wilson suspension? TWENTY games! It's about damn time they threw the book at him.
    I missed the suspension. Thanks for the update. Yes you are right about Cherry it's gold!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Cherry is a Canadian icon, eh!!!

And yah, good they threw the book at Wilson (they were saying they'd think he'd get ten, so I'm ecstatic it's 20). Imagine clocking someone like that on the street. That's aggravated assault!

What a waste of hockey talent.

They should seriously check to see what supplements he's taking (I have a feeling he may have an illegal substance, or growth hormones, floating around in his veins)
    I want to say that's his fourth suspension in a year? I figure he'll try and argue against it to drop it to 15 or so, but I do hope they stand firm and keep it locked at 20 so he (maybe, possibly) finally learns his lesson.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Is there a list that spells out how points are earned/lost in our league? Can't seem to find anything.

Good question
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Good question

I actually found it last night.

Skaters:

Goal - 3
    Assist - 1
    Power Play Points - 1
    Short Handed Goal - 2

Goalies:

Win - 5
    Goals Against - -1
    Shutout - 3
    Close game with Team Sheldrick this week. Only 1 point separating us with just today to go.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yah and Creasy needing to be knocked down a few pegs, lol!!!!
    @peter @Creasy47 This thread died quicker than Tampa's cup hopes