No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

The ultimate question is what would Craig’s tenure look like with cubby at the helm. I think it may be better in some ways.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Based on the Connery and Moore years, I'd say the four Craig films produced by Broccoli over 10 years' time would have much more diverse styles and tone between them than they do.

And today's scrutiny wouldn't be kind to that.
  • Based on the Connery and Moore years, I'd say the four Craig films produced by Broccoli over 10 years' time would have much more diverse styles and tone between them than they do.

And today's scrutiny wouldn't be kind to that.

Absolutely, QoS was ahead of its time and looks as new as it came out.

It would be really symbolic of the quality of Craig's films if Bond 25 features him using Litecoin or to feature some form of cryptocurrency....Bitcoin is the standard but Litecoin is that way of Craig's Bond making thing his own way to add that signature mark which Connery and Moore did back in their early days as Bond.

Connery and Craig sometimes made it hard to really tell if they were the good guy while Moore didn't try to imitate his predecessors although it seems like a darker-serious style of James Bond tends to hold up better than a comedic style.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Once again, people jump at these reports and draw conclusions that speak more about their own state of mind and fears than the direction the film is going into.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge has proven twice (Fleabag and Killing Eve) that she can rather effortlessly write sharp-witted dialog that doesn't sound corny. You know who can't do that? Purvis and Wade. If the final script dials down their effort at levity in favor of PWB's, I won't mind much.
    That's not to say that Bond 25 will be comedic. Or feminist. But that her draft may be funnier and have better characterization of a few female characters than the previous one.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Once again, people jump at these reports and draw conclusions that speak more about their own state of mind and fears than the direction the film is going into.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge has proven twice (Fleabag and Killing Eve) that she can rather effortlessly write sharp-witted dialog that doesn't sound corny. You know who can't do that? Purvis and Wade. If the final script dials down their effort at levity in favor of PWB's, I won't mind much.
    That's not to say that Bond 25 will be comedic. Or feminist. But that her draft may be funnier and have better characterization of a few female characters than the previous one.

Exactly, and that’s what this article emphasizes, is her deft touch with sharp, witty dialog.

http://collider.com/bond-25-new-writer-phoebe-waller-bridge/
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

@HildebrandRarity as long as she doesn't touch the story I'm fine
    MooreFun wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Can I offer an opinion I really think I you people should find a better place to meet

Where do you think you’re going?

Your right we should just deal with nice people
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Speaking of humor I know this has nothing to do with Bond 25 but thought it would lighten up the mood
    That was fun!
    talos7 wrote: »
    That was fun!

@talos7 It's so well edited
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,532
    Perhaps not the right thread but this looks SO much better. Little too much blue but the movie is actually beautiful to look at.

007Blofeld wrote: »
    That was fun!

@talos7 It's so well edited

It really is, the one shot that really made me chuckle was that of Bond running up the crane; it was sped up to simulate what was done in so many 60's films.

thanks for posting; it was a nice comic relief.
    it also reminded me, not that I needed reminding, of how much I love Craig's debut
    This constant revising of the script reminds me of Ian La Frenais and Dick Clement being hired to polish the dialogue and humor for NSNA.

With the concept of a retired Bond, SF's aging Bond theme, and of course, skipping the opening gunbarrel, the Craig era reminds me more and more of Connery's rival entry.

Maybe B25 will open with zooming 007 logos?

• Remington wrote: »
    Perhaps not the right thread but this looks SO much better. Little too much blue but the movie us actually beautiful to look at.

Wow!

Truly, SP delivered well.
    my objection is in no way to hiring a great woman writer and despite my irrational dislike of waller bridge's work which i have not watched, i concede she is popular! No..its just that it's yet ANOTHER script polish and we have no other solid info despite the movie now shooting? And yep..I do resent the double standard whereby this girl is a new kid on the block; gets two hits that both play to and subvert a formula that a male counterpart probably could not even get a meeting to pitch..that she is indeed classy in an era whereby all things 'posh' (inc 007?!) are frowned upon and that it's all too easy to stand out in a time of a very low bar for good writing! PAGES of Fleming ideas /dialogue go unmade yet countlessly copied, inc by the endearing and competent yet ultimately fanboy likes of Horowitz. And now: 4+ writers on one movie with no indication of a truly groundbreaking premise from the spoiler leaks that are now coming out. Bit confusing! But it need not be nasty or personal and hope I never am? And above all..in Barbara Broccoli..we trust..well, I still do, anyway ;) x
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    This constant revising of the script reminds me of Ian La Frenais and Dick Clement being hired to polish the dialogue and humor for NSNA.

With the concept of a retired Bond, SF's aging Bond theme, and of course, skipping the opening gunbarrel, the Craig era reminds me more and more of Connery's rival entry.

Lani Hall can still perform a second title theme! :D
    Shame Legrand is no longer with us.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »

You may be on to something! :O
    Do we know if B25 is being shot on digital or film?
    Remington wrote: »

Film.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/bond-25-imax-cinematographer-linus-sandgren-1202054602/

Film.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/bond-25-imax-cinematographer-linus-sandgren-1202054602/

Thanks.
  • talos7 wrote: »

Film.

Oh WOW! I am so happy to hear this.....both QoS and SP were filmed in film (pun intended) and it makes a nicer difference as you could see in the desert scenes of each film really bringing our the quality of the environment and making viewers feel like they are in that scene as well.
    Why are some people assuming the PC will be held at the end of this month? @peter said that it will be held in a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks could be 3 weeks, could be 4 weeks... It seems safer to assume it will be held by mid-May.

Film.

Oh WOW! I am so happy to hear this.....both QoS and SP were filmed in film (pun intended) and it makes a nicer difference as you could see in the desert scenes of each film really bringing our the quality of the environment and making viewers feel like they are in that scene as well.

Let's just hope it resembles QOS more than SP.
    Perhaps not the right thread but this looks SO much better. Little too much blue but the movie is actually beautiful to look at.

Wow. this Looks so much better. Bond Walking along the rooftops, I can really feel the hight of the rooftop, which I don´t feel at all with the original Version. It´s really strange that they put on that heavy Color filtering.

• edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    The color filter in Spectre might be the single worst creative decision in the history of the franchise. Never again!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

Film.

I hope it resembles neither and just is it's own thing, but maybe that's just me.

Film.

I hope it resembles neither and just is it's own thing, but maybe that's just me.

Spectre was fine for me but yeah your not alone
    The color filter in Spectre might be the single worst creative decision in the history of the franchise. Never again!

Wow. We're actually agreeing on something for a change. Nice.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Wait a sec, that Guardian article is considered "real"?

What the...?
    I’m all for a female 007, I think this is a wonderful idea. My only concern are those early rumours that Bond
    may die.
    Does anyone know if this is still the case? If so then EON can use this as a way to set up a new 007 series?