No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    What'd I miss?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    It’s not like 007 is some required position to fill. This female agent should just be a 005, for instance. Eon just think they’ll please the “Mainstream” crowd by having a woman play 007.

Like I said I'm fine with her being like a 009 like they teased in Spectre.
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    If they want a female with the class, sophistication, style, and presence of a female Bond, look no further than Gemma Chan.

I like it a lot! Never seen her act though.

gemma-chan-in-modern-luxury-magazine-march-2019-6.jpg

If we have Phoebe Waller-Bridge, could her appointment suggest Jodie Comer could get the role?

tcx050119jodiecomer001-1554155411.jpg?crop=0.8888888888888888xw:1xh;center,top&resize=768:*
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Fleming potentially not approving of something doesn't really matter anymore.

Bah, what does, anymore? Really? What does matter? ;) Tell ya what, money. Money always did matter. Isn't that the absolute thing? Money speaks louder than everything. And money isn't necessarily synonym with things as creativeness, quality, integrity, intelligence. But hey, Fleming would've loved the money. All writers are sellouts who love money more than their creations, right?
    It would be nice if a piece of news came in that didn't result in people spewing absolute lunacy.

This, this is true. Very much so.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    If they want a female with the class, sophistication, style, and presence of a female Bond, look no further than Gemma Chan.

I like it a lot! Never seen her act though.

gemma-chan-in-modern-luxury-magazine-march-2019-6.jpg

I am totally on board with Gemma Chan. She's an absolute rocket. Unfortunately, she was underused in Captain Marvel.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Ah yes, we're at the "without Fleming there is no James Bond" level of stating the obvious. Very good. Fleming would hate a large chunk of the films, especially after the first five entries, but he would have loved the money they made. I love the books as much as anyone. My handed down copies of LALD, OHMSS, and FRWL are prized possessions of mine. But Fleming potentially not approving of something doesn't really matter anymore.

However, that doesn't mean Bond is going to be changed into something unrecognisable in comparison to what has come before. Taking away the 007 moniker is a gimmick for sure, seeing as WE ALL KNOW he's going to get it back by the film's end. And then we'll have Bond 26, 27, 28 etc.

It's just a minor story detail that may or may not add something to the bigger picture. It doesn't shit on Fleming or "destroy Bond" at all.

It would be nice if a piece of news came in that didn't result in people spewing absolute lunacy.

@CraigMooreOHMSS don't mock me I'm just stating the obvious that for some people might for some reason forget it maybe not it's all our opinions in the end. I wish someone would come in shoot down the tabloid garbage.
    I hope not, I don’t think Comer has what it takes to play a female 007. It has to be someone with X factor.
    Just a quick thought; if we do get a female agent/007 (as in taking Bonds number that is), that could also open up the possibility
    that the Norway sequence – if a flashback, could just as well be a flashback for the female agent, as much as Madeleine Swann, right?
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Just a quick thought; if we do get a female agent/007 (as in taking Bonds number that is), that could also open up the possibility
    that the Norway sequence – if a flashback, could just as well be a flashback for the female agent, as much as Madeleine Swann, right?

How about something even more controversial....
    What if the opening action sequence is a car chase in Matera with the new 007 - and not Bond. Essentially, the female 007 gets the big opening action sequence/PTS.

Bond can make his introduction later in the first act.

I'd kind of love that. We need some fully-rounded female characters in these films.

Did I just make every angry white guy cry?
    What'd I miss?

Alot of garbage really.

What if the opening action sequence is a car chase in Matera with the new 007 - and not Bond. Essentially, the female 007 gets the big opening action sequence/PTS.

I'd kind of love that. We need some fully-rounded female characters in these films.

No because it's not a Bond film if Bond isn't in it. It's a female agent film. ;)
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Ah yes, we're at the "without Fleming there is no James Bond" level of stating the obvious. Very good. Fleming would hate a large chunk of the films, especially after the first five entries, but he would have loved the money they made. I love the books as much as anyone. My handed down copies of LALD, OHMSS, and FRWL are prized possessions of mine. But Fleming potentially not approving of something doesn't really matter anymore.

However, that doesn't mean Bond is going to be changed into something unrecognisable in comparison to what has come before. Taking away the 007 moniker is a gimmick for sure, seeing as WE ALL KNOW he's going to get it back by the film's end. And then we'll have Bond 26, 27, 28 etc.

It's just a minor story detail that may or may not add something to the bigger picture. It doesn't shit on Fleming or "destroy Bond" at all.

@CraigMooreOHMSS don't mock me I'm just stating the obvious that for some people might for some reason forget it maybe not it's all our opinions in the end. I wish someone would come in shoot down the tabloid garbage.

I apologise if you feel I was mocking you. I'm more ticked off by the idea that a minor detail like this would destroy the series considering all the other departures from the source material. So mea culpa, @007Blofeld
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,272

What's with the "white"? What's skin colour got to do with anything?
    A PTS without Bond could definitely work on paper. Just depends on how they present it – with a new 007 or in any other way/form.

Edit: As an example, I would have loved for the 009 bit to be the PTS of OP.

TripAces wrote: »

Except that...
    The girl in that shoot came from a casting call wanting someone who resembled Lea Seydoux. That suggests younger version or child.

Was that confirmed?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,554

Except that...
    The girl in that shoot came from a casting call wanting someone who resembled Lea Seydoux. That suggests younger version or child.

Brie Larson, is that you?
    chan and comer unremarkable imho..sorry. RE writers..whilst i don't welcome waller bridge, AT LEAST IT'S NOT MERCURIO OR MOFFAT ;)
    Univex wrote: »

Brie Larson, is that you?

captain-marvel.gif

I apologise if you feel I was mocking you. I'm more ticked off by the idea that a minor detail like this would destroy the series considering all the other departures from the source material. So mea culpa, @007Blofeld

@CraigMooreOHMSS Your forgiven I'm just tired to be honest tired of bickering over a stupid rumor by someone who wanted to write a story to get clicks.
    i adore brie; sadly she'd be too expensive now for bond
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 377
    James Bond.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal

@Pierce2Daniel, you’re my hero.
    HMBFF wrote: »

@Pierce2Daniel, you’re my hero.

No it sounds racist too me.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Hopefully the motivation for having a female 007 is not to make white men cry.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Man this thread needs an enema.
    Murdock wrote: »

I already PM'd a Moderator
  • Let's just hope the rumors aren't true that Craig asked a film writer to help make Bond 25 more funny....the Mendes years already tried that.
    Have people read the article?

There is a very clear distinction between a female James Bond and a female 007.

James Bond was assigned the '007' number when he joined MI6. He later retired. Therefore, the number '007' can be reassigned.

Why are people getting territorial about the number? Bond, as a character, lost the right to it when he quit MI6. It makes zero sense why MI6 would be respectful to Bond and retire the number with him.

For people who are finding it hard to grapple with the idea, think of the iconic No.7 shirt at Manchester United....Case over.

CLzgSsmWUAA-akC.png

The bigger question is who could be the female 007.....is it too late to get Rachel Weisz?

thr-rachel_weisz-photographed_by_miller_mobley-sh07_002-p_2019.jpg

If they go for a young actress, it'll just look like they're ripping off the Rey/Luke dynamic from Star Wars. Which reminds me of those Daisy Ridley rumours...

ridley-640x360.jpg

I imagine the tabloids will loose their shit over this story tomorrow.

Exactly
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619

Excellent idea, I love it! Not only is it great, it makes perfect sense and answers the following question perfectly: How can Bond be retired in Jamaica at the beginning of the film, yet the PTS take place in Matera?

You are such a school prefect

In other news, The Playlist reporter who revealed Scott Z Burns would be involved posted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CorneelVf/status/1117460960615313409

Seems Boyle wanted to make a Kingsman-Esque film.....yuck
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

You are such a school prefect
    And you should get out more. Get a reality check for a minute or two.