No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Walecs wrote: »
    Having 007 become a woman would be the same as painting a duck with four legs, a furry tail, whiskers and no beak.
    So 001 can be a woman. 002 can be a woman. 003 can be a woman. 004 can be a woman. 005 can be a woman. 006 can be a woman. Why can't 007 be a woman?

Either Bond is immortal, or there will be a new 007 after him. Again, why can't the next 007 be a woman?

I'll take you up on this.

I think having Bond be a different ethnicity is a much better way to bring diversity to the series. I think swapping the genders will just change the character a little too much, to the point where you couldn't even call James James anymore.
    What??? They are not going to swap genders. This new 007 won't be "Jane Bond".
    Even a quick Google search shows that women agree on this issue as well.
    No, they don't. They say James Bond should not be turned into a woman. And they won't turn him into a woman. If this rumour is true, in Bond 25 you will have James Bond (still male) AND a female 007.

I misinterpreted what you said. Apologies.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 377
    James Bond.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    octofinger wrote: »
    I might as well chime in on this irrelevancy in the absence of real news:

I think a female double-0 is a fine idea, as these things go, and the series has featured several female agents of various kinds who were effective. But 007 is james bond. If we're to be introduced to a female double-0, make it 009 or something.

009 would make more sense since they referenced it in Spectre.
    Can we please have a new thread or have this discussion for Female 007 or Jane bond or who should be next bond actor/actress. This is very tiresome. @peter recently shared a wonderful news about Jamaica and here we are nitpicking an article without much relevance to it.
    Umm, after weeks of silence we finally have a major new Bond 25 rumour and you want us to discuss it elsewhere?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »
    Having 007 become a woman would be the same as painting a duck with four legs, a furry tail, whiskers and no beak.
    So 001 can be a woman. 002 can be a woman. 003 can be a woman. 004 can be a woman. 005 can be a woman. 006 can be a woman. Why can't 007 be a woman?

Either Bond is immortal, or there will be a new 007 after him. Again, why can't the next 007 be a woman?

Because Fleming wrote in the books that 007 is James Bond - hence, a male. Once 007 retires/dies, the new agent will pick a new number. Heh!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Can we please have a new thread or have this discussion for Female 007 or Jane bond or who should be next bond actor/actress. This is very tiresome. @peter recently shared a wonderful news about Jamaica and here we are nitpicking an article without much relevance to it.
    Umm, after weeks of silence we finally have a major new Bond 25 rumour and you want us to discuss it elsewhere?

Rumour is about new writer but female 007 sounds too ridiculous to my ears and you are taking rumour to a different direction if 007 should/shouldn't be female. So drop it please.

Rumour is about new writer but female 007 sounds too ridiculous to my ears and you are taking rumour to a different direction if 007 should/shouldn't be female. So drop it please.
    Here you go, straight from the article posted yesterday:
    "One plot being considered involves Craig’s ageing Bond retired and now living in Jamaica – the island where 007 author Ian Fleming had his Goldeneye retreat. The 007 number has been taken up by a new agent – a woman – who embarks on a mission which forces Bond to come out of retirement."
    It's utterly ridiculous to demand people not to discuss this fresh rumour here.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    @PanchitoPistoles I think people are getting mixed up with 007 and James Bond. When you say 007, people think you are referring to James Bond.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,541

"One plot being considered involves Craig’s ageing Bond retired and now living in Jamaica – the island where 007 author Ian Fleming had his Goldeneye retreat. The 007 number has been taken up by a new agent – a woman – who embarks on a mission which forces Bond to come out of retirement."

All right keep doing what you always does.

Here is video on codename theory

I mean,
    a female 007 getting Bond out of retirement isn't a worse idea than Malek's villain out to avenge his father that got killed by Madeleine. Now THAT is silly.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,293
    I mean,
    a female 007 getting Bond out of retirement isn't a worse idea than Malek's villain out to avenge his father that got killed by Madeleine. Now THAT is silly.

Is that a rumour now too?!
    I mean,

That was an idea floating around here, considering that
    Norway a scene is a flashback. And Malek's "stunt double" was involved. Unless it isn't.

All right keep doing what you always does.

Here is video on codename theory

Nooo! This new rumour has nothing to do with the code name theory.

Concept nr 1: the next Bond should be a woman (this is pushed by some feminists)

Concept nr 2: Bond is and always will be male but he won’t be 007 forever within the story, as he is not immortal. You can have a retired Bond AND a new, female 007 in the same movie (this is this latest rumour)

Bond and agent 007 are not necessarily the same person!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Once again you're all jumping to conclusions.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,293
    I mean,

That was an idea floating around here, considering that
    Norway a scene is a flashback. And Malek's "stunt double" was involved. Unless it isn't.

Ah, I see. Thanks!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 820
    I'm personally a huge fan of that plot idea, if it's true.

I posted about this a few weeks ago, but I believe that's a recycled idea from Die Another Day. (Cue groans, I know, but I think it's entirely dependent on execution).

There's no way to verify this, but I seem to remember a version of that film was Bond returning from imprisonment in North Korea to find out the 007 number had indeed been awarded to Gala Brand (as "Miranda Frost" was initially scripted, confirmed by P&W at least) and the film was sort of his journey to get it back.

The potential for drama, humor, and a good "foil" in that concept is extremely high.

At the end of the day, they're making a James Bond movie. They've always been quite clear about this throughout the Craig era, even leading up to some of the more disruptive or inventive installments. I don't think anyone has anything to fear about this development.

Aside, if true: big fan of Phoebe's and looking forward to what she can bring to it. If they specifically reached out to ask her to help inject humanity and humor, well -- that's a tremendous source for it, right there.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Either there is some truth to Phoebe Waller-Bridge touching up the script, or the tabloids conveniently left out the bit where Barbara Broccoli is one of the producers of the New York run of 'Fleabag',hence the connection between the two.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 308
    Can’t believe this needs to be said but here goes: James Bond is 007 and 007 is James Bond. Anything else is fan fiction.
    Can’t believe this needs to be said but here goes: James Bond is 007 and 007 is James Bond. Anything else is fan fiction.

Looking forward to your reaction to Bond 25! :))

On a more serious note: in the fictional world of Bond, Bond can’t be 007 forever. I mean he is either IMMORTAL or will cease to be 007 at one point. What’s wrong with exploring the idea of the next 007 and how Bond interacts with him/her?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    In YOLT novel, James Bond is 7777. No more 007.

Looking forward to your reaction to Bond 25! :))

On a more serious note: in the fictional world of Bond, Bond can’t be 007 forever. I mean he is either IMMORTAL or will cease to be 007 at one point. What’s wrong with exploring the idea of the next 007 and how Bond interacts with him/her?
    I’d like to think they’d retire the 007 moniker as a sign of respect for all he’s done.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    In YOLT novel, James Bond is 7777. No more 007.
    I’m fine with being 7777. I just don’t want another character playing 007.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    giphy.gif
    Denbigh wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Oh no, people are discussing an interesting new rumour!!
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Either there is some truth to Phoebe Waller-Bridge touching up the script, or the tabloids conveniently left out the bit where Barbara Broccoli is one of the producers of the New York run of 'Fleabag',hence the connection between the two.

Anyone get the sense that this may be in an effort to finalize an actress they want to play a role in the film? Maybe I'm way off base.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    It gets to a point when things are so messed up when does it become a Bond film anymore.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Leaked footage of Lea Seydoux as Madeline Swann after being with James for five months.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,496
    From reddit:

"Has Bond 25 being filming in Low Force in the UK? I have heard that some actions sequences have been filmed in this area but can’t find any information."

I asked who their source was:

"Ah, that’s the thing - I’ve heard it from someone at work who is meant to be involved with the production."

Low Force is an 18-foot high set of falls in the Tees Valley, England.

p4grwuei88oriafxwsvu.jpg
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

Nope. James Bond is a person, the son of Andrew and Monique Bond.
    007 is a code name, given to one of the agents in the 00-section of MI6.

If Anthony Horowitz can start his new novel with a 007 that isn't James Bond, why would it be such a leap in logic that this is impossible for the films?

Think of this: James Bond has quit MI6 at the end of Spectre. He goes to live with Madeleine in Italy or Norway or Jamaica.

Meanwhile, M has one agent less. The 007 position is vacant. So what does he do? He promotes a new agent to the 00-section. Whether male or female is not important. She or he makes the two kills necessary to become a 00.

Then, Bond is needed and comes out of retirement. He gets reinstated by M and gets his code name of 007 back. The agent goes back to normal. We end the film by James Bond still being 007. No "passing of the torch", just temporary retirement.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Anyone get the sense that this may be in an effort to finalize an actress they want to play a role in the film? Maybe I'm way off base.

One who has worked with Phoebe before perhaps? In particular one with the initials JC
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Yes, 007 can be a woman in this context, however why go there? You're only baiting #MeToo. EON should ignore #MeToo and make great movies so that everyone ignores #MeToo and SJWs and their stupid complaints about Bond.

I don't want a team movie where a female 007 eats up Bond's screen time. And if you kill her or make her needing to be saved by Bond, you're just giving #MeToo ammunition.