No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

So unless they go back in Norway later this year, I'm not sure to understand why Norway spend a record sum on incitations for just this (seems to represent just three or four minute on footage in the film)...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So unless they go back in Norway later this year, I'm not sure to understand why Norway spend a record sum on incitations for just this (seems to represent just three or four minute on footage in the film)...
    It's quite bizarre.
    Why build the chalet and hardly use it,as well...odd.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    No one said they're just going to be filming in the snow.

I mean, it makes sense. The whole flashback(?) sequence is very short. If it is a flashback, perhaps Bond and Swann need to go there for some reason. Maybe in the summer.

14934762885_a27a2f3397_k-2.jpg?w=1920&h=768&crop=1
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Sensational landscape.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,165
    giphy.gif
    "ME, ME, ME."
    #MeToo
    Wow, the Wachowskis truly were ahead of their time!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Minion wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    "ME, ME, ME."
    #MeToo
    Indeed they were.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Minion wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    "ME, ME, ME."
    #MeToo

In more ways than one.

I mean, it makes sense. The whole flashback(?) sequence is very short. If it is a flashback, perhaps Bond and Swann need to go there for some reason. Maybe in the summer.

This is something not yet seriously considered. And my gut is telling me that you'll be proven correct.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,755
    How many days in advance was the SPECTRE press conference announced? I feel like if it was happening this week, we'd have heard something by now.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Why build the chalet and hardly use it,as well...odd.
    I'd imagine they are also filming interiors there.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    How many days in advance was the SPECTRE press conference announced? I feel like if it was happening this week, we'd have heard something by now.

For Spectre, we knew from @Slyfox and @marketto007 at least a week beforehand. However, we only got notice from Eon with 2 days to go.

For both QOS and SF, we found out the day beforehand. Though, I'll admit I could be wrong with those two. But that is my memory of it.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    I would be absolutely thrilled if the press conference is Thursday and I want to believe this is fact, But my question is how would a developer for javascript get access to this information?

So beautiful. As much as the appeal of Norway as a winter location is off the charts, I'd be just as happy with Bond exploring it in the summer. Has a very "rolling mountains of YOLT" vibe to it.

I wouldn't discount the possibility just yet. Still much to be discovered in the next few months.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I don't want to play the part of the Devi's Advocate here, but people are worry if we don't have an Official Announcement by April 8th, one year before the release date. And I say, don't worry.

Remember, B24 Official Announcement was December 4, 2014, 336 days before the official Premiere of the movie, on October 26th. So, we're still in the game...
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    It might not be anything, but CinemaCon is this week. It's a big event where studios hype up exhibitors with their product from the year.

https://cinemacon.com/schedule#horizontalTab4

Universal are due to present tomorrow. I imagine knowing a Bond film with Daniel Craig is on it's way is enough for most exhibitors to be pleased. But it would make sense for Universal to pull something out of the bag since the film is only a year away from release.

Yeah, we could see something tomorrow, or no. Back in October 2014, a preliminar poster for BOND 24 has been seen on the stand of MGM at MIPCOM 2014, the largest global event of multiplatform content.

https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2014/10/poster-provisorio-de-bond-24-aparece-em-cannes/
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Univex wrote: »
    Tomorrow can't come soon enough. And only because it's the 2nd of April. I hate April fools day. Hate it.

Don't forget, tomorrow never dies.

tumblr_mgvpq2tZ7P1rl5478o1_500.gif
    I don't want to play the part of the Devi's Advocate here, but people are worry if we don't have an Official Announcement by April 8th, one year before the release date. And I say, don't worry.

Remember, B24 Official Announcement was December 4, 2014, 336 days before the official Premiere of the movie, on October 26th. So, we're still in the game...

I think the anxiety is due to the press conference typically being used as a "kick-off" for filming. If we don't get one byFriday, it may suggest a further delay to the start date.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things as the delay may only be for a week or two. But people like myself have been pining (and expecting something) to happen this week.

I doubt EON would release a press release with info of cast, etc this week as it ruins the magic of the big press conference. There is a chance that they will just start filming and not inform anyone. However, it's going to be hard to disguise filming if Daniel Craig is hooting in London!

I'm chasing now with my source to see if April 5th is still the Pinewood start date.

This article from Discussing Film suggests that filming starts on April 6th:
    https://discussingfilm.net/2019/03/15/billy-magnussen-in-final-talks-for-bond-25-exclusive-interview/
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,884
    If they don't announce the press conference by tomorrow then an educated guess might be Monday, 29th April - an 8 week delay in-line with the release's.
  • RC7RC7

I think the anxiety is due to the press conference typically being used as a "kick-off" for filming. If we don't get one byFriday, it may suggest a further delay to the start date.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things as the delay may only be for a week or two. But people like myself have been pining (and expecting something) to happen this week.

I doubt EON would release a press release with info of cast, etc this week as it ruins the magic of the big press conference. There is a chance that they will just start filming and not inform anyone. However, it's going to be hard to disguise filming if Daniel Craig is hooting in London!

I'm chasing now with my source to see if April 5th is still the Pinewood start date.

This article from Discussing Film suggests that filming starts on April 6th:
    https://discussingfilm.net/2019/03/15/billy-magnussen-in-final-talks-for-bond-25-exclusive-interview/

There’s no delay.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    It might not be anything, but CinemaCon is this week. It's a big event where studios hype up exhibitors with their product from the year.

https://cinemacon.com/schedule#horizontalTab4

Universal are due to present tomorrow. I imagine knowing a Bond film with Daniel Craig is on it's way is enough for most exhibitors to be pleased. But it would make sense for Universal to pull something out of the bag since the film is only a year away from release.

Yeah, we could see something tomorrow, or no. Back in October 2014, a preliminar poster for BOND 24 has been seen on the stand of MGM at MIPCOM 2014, the largest global event of multiplatform content.

https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2014/10/poster-provisorio-de-bond-24-aparece-em-cannes/

Why does EON even bother doing this? Just show us something new or nothing at all.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,337
    Can't access the article because of the paywall, but the headline suggests the Norway shoot finishes today:
    https://www.varingen.no/nyheter/james-bond/filminnspilling/skalte-i-champagne-for-bond-i-dag-avsluttes-filminga/s/5-92-93805
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Can't access the article because of the paywall, but the headline suggests the Norway shoot finishes today:
    https://www.varingen.no/nyheter/james-bond/filminnspilling/skalte-i-champagne-for-bond-i-dag-avsluttes-filminga/s/5-92-93805
    That makes perfect sense. We have known for a while filming in Norway would take place from 25th March to 2nd April. Nice to have confirmation though.

@marketto007 Sorry old chap, I don’t care how far away we are from the premiere of the movie, it has been reported by various sources (including @Pierce2Daniel and MI6-HQ) that the press conference will be held THIS week.
    That makes perfect sense. We have known for a while filming in Norway would take place from 25th March to 2nd April. Nice to have confirmation though.

@marketto007 Sorry old chap, I don’t care how far away we are from the premiere of the movie, it has been reported by various sources (including @Pierce2Daniel and MI6-HQ) that the press conference will be held THIS week.

and they could be all wrong
    giphy.gif

Lol! I know I shouldn't laugh but this did make chuckle.

Well I would not mind a press conference on Monday 8th April?!!! It's my long weekend off from work so I could watch it live!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!! Lol!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Risico007 wrote: »

With filming scheduled for April 5th - I can't see a reason why Eon wouldn't do the conference this week.

The only reason that it wouldn't happen is if they have scheduling difficulties getting the two main Bond girls and Rami Malek in the room together (or they haven't cast those roles yet). If they can't do that this week, they'd push it till sometime in the next two weeks.

If they were lucky enough to get Lupita onboard then that adds additional difficulties due to the Us and Star Wars promotional machines.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Risico007 wrote: »

With filming scheduled for April 5th - I can't see a reason why Eon wouldn't do the conference this week.

The only reason that it wouldn't happen is if they have scheduling difficulties getting the two main Bond girls and Rami Malek in the room together (or they haven't cast those roles yet). If they can't do that this week, they'd push it till sometime in the next two weeks.

If they were lucky enough to get Lupita onboard then that adds additional difficulties due to the Us and Star Wars promotional machines.

@Pierce2Daniel does Us mean Universal Studios? Yeah they want all the casting set before a big press release then again it might keep characters in the film a surprise.
    I would be absolutely thrilled if the press conference is Thursday and I want to believe this is fact, But my question is how would a developer for javascript get access to this information?

Hahahaha
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    It's finally April!
    With April fools day out the way it should be an exciting month ahead. I have faith we'll know more about the film in the next few weeks
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    AgentM72 wrote: »

So beautiful. As much as the appeal of Norway as a winter location is off the charts, I'd be just as happy with Bond exploring it in the summer. Has a very "rolling mountains of YOLT" vibe to it.

I wouldn't discount the possibility just yet. Still much to be discovered in the next few months.

It's a stunning country. I had a ladyfriend from Bergen a few years ago that I met on my travels in Berlin. Had the absolute pleasure of travelling to her hometown for a few weeks a couple of Summers ago. It's one of those places that even the most majestic of photos can't describe.

Extremely fitting for Bond.

And the generic location is probably doubling for somewhere else, like MI:Fallout.

They have to go back! It doesn't make any sense if they don't.