No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Sounds like Dua Lupa is singing the title song
    Fairly certain that the person circled in blue is indeed CJF. So ignore my previous post that he had left Norway.

CMGDvzj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

It’s very exciting to see that Bond 25 has begun filming. Even though it’s a little odd that Daniel isn’t in the photos and we know practically zero details.
    Fairly certain that the person circled in blue is indeed CJF. So ignore my previous post that he had left Norway.

It’s very exciting to see that Bond 25 has begun filming. Even though it’s a little odd that Daniel isn’t in the photos and we know practically zero details.

That's him alright
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

I have cropped the image as well, and I also think it's him.

gCLa7m7.png

gCLa7m7.png

He must be wearing contacts
  • //What the hell is a ‘presser’ ?//

Slang for press conference.
    Seems like the whole film will be filmed by the time they do have a presser seems like alot filmed
    @CraigMooreOHMSS I was wrong. It's very clear in the recently released footage that it's an IMAX camera.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Is she wearing pajama bottoms and slippers?

How many hours of daylight does this part of Norway get?
    a488f11b-a8dc-42fd-9b3a-0f8df8ead39c?fit=crop&h=1398&w=1900&s=bb3b5de2731cd89fb053f34d0513039ae49d07d4
    I love the look of the masked henchman. I like villains with deformities, and the dude looks lethal.

Also...HOLY CRAP THE MOVIE STARTED FILMING THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    I think it's a flashback scene. The clothes look a bit retro.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Is she wearing pajama bottoms and slippers?

How many hours of daylight does this part of Norway get?
    a488f11b-a8dc-42fd-9b3a-0f8df8ead39c?fit=crop&h=1398&w=1900&s=bb3b5de2731cd89fb053f34d0513039ae49d07d4

13 hours.
    What really excites me about these photos and the video is that this seems like a scene unlike any scene in any previous Bond movie. Btw, who chose these costumes? Who is the costume designer??
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @CraigMooreOHMSS I was wrong. It's very clear in the recently released footage that it's an IMAX camera.

Fair. Thank you.

gCLa7m7.png

Has there been any sightings of Sandgren yet? Or is Fukanaga working with the 2nd Unit crew for this sequence? Forgive me if he has been seen in previous photos - it seems simpler to ask than to go back through pages.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,165
    This is what will happen:
    Swann killed a man who came to kill her father, as said in SPECTRE. 20 years later, that man's son, Rami Malek, comes to avenge his father death, after his CEO, a certain E.S.Blofeld is captured and supposedly killed by the english Secret Service during his transportation in prison. Malek succeeds in killing Swann, Bond reprises his role as 007 to help the MI6&5 to clear their name, finds out that the attack on Blofeld was actually carried on by Malek, but in the end he was not dead at all, hiding to gain back his organization. In the end, the two stepbrothers join forces and defeat Malek, Blofeld seems to be on the right side but turns against Bond, tries to kill him in a castle in Japan, Bond escapes, kills Blofeld, loses his memory and goes to live on a little island
    I'm sure some members here would balk at your idea, but I'd be okay with this depending on the execution.
    EDIT: Though I'd prefer Maddy to survive.
    Really looking forward to more! Seems like Dua Lipa is all but confirmed as title singer? The mask hopefully is the character design and not used for CGI purposes. I remember reading something about a deleted “masked ball” scene in Rome for SP which sounded pretty neat. Now maybe we’ll have something similar, or at least one masked enemy. It’s an exciting time - finally filming, and details can drop any minute!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 820
    I'm not sure about the Dua Lipa rumors. We know from precedent on (basically all) previous Bond productions that it's highly unlikely they'd have chosen the title song artist at a point this early. Let alone have an actual song written and produced, which is a necessity before anyone could conceivably shoot a video. The only possible scenario I can envision where they'd have an answer on the performer already is if they've pre-negotiated a return to the franchise by, say, Adele.

RE: the recent images and spoilers, another thought came to mind.
    It seems from today's images that the masked intruder is obviously not trying to hurt the girl, but catch her. Presumably either for the purpose of kidnapping, or because she's someone very important, in the possession of knowledge or information that's valuable to someone else.

I'm really reaching here, but if that scenario comes to pass, it might renew the possibility of The Property of a Lady being the title...

What I find interesting is that
    Hodge's screenplay reportedly included a scene set at a frozen lake that Boyle was planning to shoot in Canada. Could it be possible that this seemingly very crucial scene they are filming in Norway was kept from the Hodge script? Could it be possible that Boyle's movie gold idea is still very much the main hook of Bond 25?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Honestly the biggest part of the press conference for me is knowing the title.
    What I find interesting is that
    Hodge's screenplay reportedly included a scene set at a frozen lake that Boyle was planning to shoot in Canada. Could it be possible that this seemingly very crucial scene they are filming in Norway was kept from the Hodge script? Could it be possible that Boyle's movie gold idea is still very much the main hook of Bond 25?

Yes. I don't think there's solid evidence they threw everything from Hodge's down the loo.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the Dua Lipa rumors. We know from precedent on (basically all) previous Bond productions that it's highly unlikely they'd have chosen the title song artist at a point this early. Let alone have an actual song written and produced, which is a necessity before anyone could conceivably shoot a video. The only possible scenario I can envision where they'd have an answer on the performer already is if they've pre-negotiated a return to the franchise by, say, Adele.

It seems from today's images that the masked intruder is obviously not trying to hurt the girl, but catch her. Presumably either for the purpose of kidnapping, or because she's someone very important, in the possession of knowledge or information that's valuable to someone else.

I'm really reaching here, but if that scenario comes to pass, it might renew the possibility of The Property of a Lady being the title...

I would love that to be honest
    Risico007 wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »

I would love that to be honest

So would I.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    acidie wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    acidie wrote: »
    Its nice to actually have something infront of us to talk about.

How spoilery is it? @acidie

Im not sure how you class a big spolier, its certainly not Judi Dench dying. I dont feel spoiled by anything, but whats one mans spoiler might just be another mans photo of something quite harmless.

@acidie major plot reveal or character

Well, its all assumptions, its no actors you would recognise, no white cat, no famous car.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Risico007 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    The mask resembles a Japanese Noh (musical drama) mask, albeit a female one. Perhaps we'll see some of Japan, or even some YOLT content?

2015-collective-edition-movie-theme-mask-Halloween-Manufacturers-Edition-Boutique-Resin-Japanese-Noh-Mask-Sun-Cilang.jpg_640x640.jpg
    JAMES-BOND-25-1106974.jpg?r=1553866515063

Clearly the film is titled
    Dr. Noh

No, it's clearly titled
    Beyond The Ice
    Okay, I've done some more sleuthing. Having checked his Instagram, I believe the person standing with Sebastien Soudais is Polly Bennett (they recently began following each other on Insta).

We know that Soudais has hinted that he is Malek's stunt double. Polly Bennett was Malek's 'movement coach' on Bohemian Rhapsody.

11611962-6864111-image-a-35_1553857421349.jpg

Therefore, can we deduce that the man in the mask is Rami Malek's character. Possibly, Malek's character's father (if we believe the timejump theory).
    I don't even care about the title that much as long as it's not Shatterhand and the main titles start the following way:

Barbara Broccoli's Eon Productions Presents Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Cary Fukunaga's [The Title]
    Very interesting. Love your contributions to this thread, @Pierce2Daniel.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Okay, I've done some more sleuthing. Having checked his Instagram, I believe the person standing with Sebastien Soudais is Polly Bennett (they recently began following each other on Insta).

We know that Soudais has hinted that he is Malek's stunt double. Polly Bennett was Malek's 'movement coach' on Bohemian Rhapsody.

11611962-6864111-image-a-35_1553857421349.jpg

Therefore, can we deduce that the man in the mask is Rami Malek's character. Possibly, Malek's character's father (if we believe the timejump theory).

Wow, great find Pierce. That's definitely the same person.

• edited March 2019 Posts: 677
    I'm still not keen on the idea of this being
    a Madeleine flashback
    but it's too early to judge.