Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• I first recently listened to LALD. Being the first Bond movie I saw on DVD, I remember at the time I had just actually broken up with my ex and was spending some time learning about other cultures and was spending more time getting to know a woman from the Caribbean.

I was told that this didn't sit well with me ex who had heard about how I was getting busy investing in my own path. Maybe it wasn't sitting well with her period or maybe the idea of me spending time with my newfound friend but in any case, every time the song LALD slows down in the middle for the lyrics "you used to say live and let live" it resonates with me.

The slowdown of the cello playing music represents the weeping or wallowing of my ex and the whole concept of live and let die represents how willing I was to make better of a situation that arose out of her having left me where I didn't year for her affection anymore. I didn't even answer her texting me back months later because she probably was alone again and I had already moved onward.

Similarly, the slowdown in the song helps audiences accept the fact that Connery was no longer Bond as he just didn't want to play him anymore at the time while Moore didn't try to emulate him with a tuxedo.

After that I listened to I Never Left and The Dead Don't Care About Vengeance by Davild Arnold from QoS!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

That voice!

I love this theme... Moonraker has some beautiful swoon worthy music. Makes me very nostalgic too, despite not even being alive when this movie came out.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,325

The video is all over the place though I like the remix

I love this theme... Moonraker has some beautiful swoon worthy music. Makes me very nostalgic too, despite not even being alive when this movie came out.

Brilliant.

I like this version very much.

---

Probably in my top three Gerdin remixes:

mattjoes wrote: »

---

Space March and 007 I would listen to a lot as a kid two of the best themes from the series.

That was good I will check Gerdin's other remixes, generally speaking TMWTGG has some great themes and music cues though I always felt there was not enough going on with the score overall compared to Barry's other Bond Scores.

My favourite from the film...

Brilliant

David Arnold orchestral version
    mattjoes wrote: »

---

Space March and 007 I would listen to a lot as a kid two of the best themes from the series.

That was good I will check Gerdin's other remixes, generally speaking TMWTGG has some great themes and music cues though I always felt there was not enough going on with the score overall compared to Barry's other Bond Scores.

My favourite from the film...

Yes, the TMWTGG score relies a lot on the title song as its backbone, and there aren't too many recurring ideas outside of that. But Barry makes great and varied use of the main theme, and there is some lovely Asian-style music throughout the score.

I love the Bond theme in Let's Go Get 'Em. And the "inverted" gunbarrel at the beginning (low-low-high, instead of high-high-low).

Brilliant

That’s probably my favourite Bond cue.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 6,721
    vzok wrote: »

Brilliant

That’s probably my favourite Bond cue.

I love the part at 2:59. The organ/harp make you feel the beat, but with the flute and without the snare, the music is more soothing.

Edit: The remastered version of this cue has fairly dry-sounding horns/trombones. The brass in the original mix had more reverb. I like it better that way. Sounds epic.
    I am hoping for more LaLaLand releases. Just listened to the expanded version of TWINE, nice work from David Arnold.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Dr. No soundtrack is my go-to music while walking (usually by the sea).

Never heard this before! Some nice details I haven't noticed because of the lyrics being sung over them. Such a lovely track, both with and without Morten Harket's vocals.
    This was first intended to be the Bond theme by Norman.
    It's a cool theme, but lacks a sense of danger.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've not been able to get K.D. Lang's 'Surrender' out of my head since finishing TND the other day. Love that track.
    DN is a score that is a step back into a different era of cinema, I love that score.

Testing an amp I have bought for my headphones and first track I played was...

This was first intended to be the Bond theme by Norman.

He’s got 4 different versions of it on the album.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    DN is a score that is a step back into a different era of cinema, I love that score.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns did someone edit that top part don't remember graphic on the original
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,325
    007Blofeld wrote: »

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns did someone edit that top part don't remember graphic on the original

I guess they must have I don't think I have seen that graphic before either though the slogan I have seen on a poster I had.
    I thought it said “his bad side” on the posters.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,325
    latest?cb=20140806084923

@vzok you are absolutely right, this is the poster I had, it was thirty years ago I remembered the slogan/tag line incorrectly.

Such a great poster I want that framed