No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    No one has exceeded Campbell in bond since Gilbert.
    He has created two perfect James Bond films. They're both two of the hardest films to criticise.
    Goldeneye is pretty much perfect and carries a good amount of emotional weight and character moments whilst still retaining the bond formula
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 832
    Actually since Hamilton. In terms of a single film, not since Hunt.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Well, that's your opinion. CR was great--but not because of anything Campbell did. In fact, much of his camera work looks amateurish now, 12+ years later. Some of it even looks like made-for-TV drama. Fortunately, the script and DC are so good to make up for Campbell's lack of vision. I find that SF exceeded CR on just about every level.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    TripAces wrote: »
    In fact, much of his camera work looks amateurish now, 12+ years later. Some of it even looks like made-for-TV drama.
    A fair opinion, although to compare a particular person's camera work (although I'm not sure you could fully blame Campbell considering he would've had a DOP) based on how film/TV has progressed seems strange considering we have nearly 60 years of work that has evolved it's style with the times. And in my opinion, the film is beautifully crafted.
    That's your opinion, and it is the correct one :D

Mendes had potential but he squandered it with SP.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Mendes had potential but he squandered it with SP.
    Amen. He should've stuck with the film he wanted to make rather than coming back to make the film he felt he had to. I should probably stop replying to every post, people are already bored by one Denbigh.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Well, tomorrow is Tuesday, so if the conference is this Thursday, expect an announcement tomorrow
    Well, tomorrow is Tuesday, so if the conference is this Thursday, expect an announcement tomorrow
    Who said the conference is Thursday? Thought it was expected in 2 weeks.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Who said the conference is Thursday? Thought it was expected in 2 weeks.

I dunno, I think it fell on a Thursday the last two times. It probably will be in two weeks, or three or whatever, but it’ll be a Thursday presumably, so it really could be any one of these coming up.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Let's all play guess the press conference date give your dates mine is 4-5 =))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It won't happen for a while. That's my guess.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    jCyLkEN.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I don’t think the press conference is going to happen as soon as some of our membership hope.
    At a guess I’d say late April or early to mid May.
    Rest assured, when the press conference is announced , you’ll hear it at MI6 Community first!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, as the case was with QoS, they'll begin shooting long before the press conference, production announcement takes place?
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    edited March 2019 Posts: 243
    Benny wrote: »
    I don’t think the press conference is going to happen as soon as some of our membership hope.
    Rest assured, when the press conference is announced , you’ll hear it at MI6 Community first!

Why do you think the press conference will happen that late? It makes more sense for it to be held next week plus MI6 reported that it would happen April 1st or around then.

jCyLkEN.jpg

Does this mean what I think it means?!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Why do you think the press conference will happen that late? It makes more sense for it to be held next week plus MI6 reported that it would happen April 1st or around then.

jCyLkEN.jpg

Does this mean what I think it means?!!

Wouldn't get too enthusiastic just yet.
    Absolutely no post/tease/hype for the start of filming on the social media accounts of EON. Why am I not surprised?
    jCyLkEN.jpg

Haha! Fantastic response :))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Absolutely no post/tease/hype for the start of filming on the social media accounts of EON. Why am I not surprised?

I can see it now... WORST . FILM . EVER!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Jamesbonddownunder reports that also Craig is in Norway. Is it true?
    An instrumental song written by David Arnold and performed by Queen would be awesome. Just saying :)
    zebrafish wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

This is a good start.

What I quickly picked up on was the cloud of blowing snow--likely manmade. I wonder if the unit is trying to replicate blizzard-like conditions. I also wonder if, finally, we will see Bond on skiis again.

Craig on cross-country skis could actually work. On downhill skis, he is not believable.

I doubt we will see CraigBond on skis,he was dead against it in SP.
    A quick updated summary of my threats and promises:
    - Unless there will be a presser by the end of next week, I will hire a professional mystic to put a hex on Bond 25
    - If they officially announce that the title is Shatterhand, I am leaving this forum until Christopher Nolan is announced to direct a Bond film
    - the same promise applies if Waltz is back
    - if Rooney Mara, Emma Stone or Dakota Johnson is announced to appear in the film, I will start calling Barbara “the great Barbara Broccoli”

EH ?!!??!!
    When I saw nearly 70 new posts i thought wow, must be something about bond 25 set, but no. nothing that interesting here yet .
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    - Unless there will be a presser by the end of next week, I will hire a professional mystic to put a hex on Bond 25
    - If they officially announce that the title is Shatterhand, I am leaving this forum until Christopher Nolan is announced to direct a Bond film
    - if Rooney Mara, Emma Stone or Dakota Johnson is announced to appear in the film, I will start calling Barbara “the great Barbara Broccoli”

EH ?!!??!!

Bazza...don't. It's what he wants.
    If you don't engage, then he wont reply.
    Making threats and promises on a forum. Good luck with that.
    barryt007 wrote: »

EH ?!!??!!

Bazza...don't. It's what he wants.
    If you don't engage, then he wont reply.
    Making threats and promises on a forum. Good luck with that.

Wilco Benster,understood old chum.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

It’s impossible this will be as bad as Spectre was.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator

It’s impossible this will be as bad as Spectre was.
    Hey, something we can agree on.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Spectre was bad
    Birdleson wrote: »

We already had that.

Yeah, Batman & Robin is indeed awful.