No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Magnussen tagged Loffredo Grégory in the photo. Previously, on 15 Feb 19 Grégory posted this photo on Instagram:

This confirms that Magnussen is training for Bond 25! Which is awesome.

I do like the new ALBERT R BROCCOLI 007 STAGE sign. Looks quite sharp.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Magnussen tagged Loffredo Grégory in the photo. Previously, on 15 Feb 19 Grégory posted this photo on Instagram:

I do like the new ALBERT R BROCCOLI 007 STAGE sign. Looks quite sharp.

I can vividly remember the first time I saw the building up close and in-person. I tried to just stop, breathe, and enjoy the moment as fully as possible. It was magic.

Simply wonderful to know it's about to ramp up again with the hive of activity that a Bond film brings with it. If it hasn't already.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

That's great (and actual) news!
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    Why Risico007 did you post this without spoiler warning? And why would someone joke like this.

Because I can also

James Bond wins at the end of the movie

Why can you. If the moderators said not to word that without a spoiler, why are you special?
    Oh I might as well not use spoilers then if 007Risico is allowed to get away with it. Bond 25 is called ECLIPSE then.
    Why Risico007 did you post this without spoiler warning? And why would someone joke like this.

Because I can also

James Bond wins at the end of the movie

Why can you. If the moderators said not to word that without a spoiler, why are you special?

ok I am not special I am nothing jeez I try to be a big man once and its all taken away from me
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited March 2019 Posts: 544
    Walecs wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    If B25 is anywhere near as awesome as QOS, then I'll be pretty happy.

QoS was not awesome.

Said the gay who liked SPECTRE.

Kinky...

When did you 'come out' then @Gareth007fan ? ;)

I honestly don’t have twitter and have far too much real life to attend to

I actually think I know who it is

Tell us tell us !!

My apologies, I seriously meant to say "guy" :))
    Seriously, there's been a nine year gap between Bourne: The Ultimatum and Jason Bourne (same director, same producer, same star) and many five or six year gaps between the Mission: Impossible movies (same producer, same star). Why is no-one asking Greengrass, Frank Marshall, Matt Damon, Tom Cruise or Paula Wagner to resign and let "someone else" to do the job?

Because I don't like those franchises and couldn't care less about those gaps.

That said, I don't think Craig should resign, but since EON no longer seem that interested in Bond I think they should give it to someone who does.

And how will they do?
    That's the question no-one is asking.
    How will Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Disney be "interested" in Bond?
    They'll make the latest tabloid clickbait nightmare a painful reality.

That's great (and actual) news!

You see, fellas?

So, just live and...

WAD.png
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    Not bothered personally what you post on here, but it's the fact no moderators flagged it up when they did for others who put the world eclipse not in spoiler tags.

Filming on monday is a load of rubbish. We would certainly have had an announcement to a countdown by now
    Not bothered personally what you post on here, but it's the fact no moderators flagged it up when they did for others who put the world eclipse not in spoiler tags.

Filming on monday is a load of rubbish. We would certainly have had an announcement to a countdown by now

Such a smart and an educated statement. Seriously? Films very often begin shooting scripted footage ( camera tests have been going on for about 2 weeks, on and off now) before official PP. Don't you understand anything about film production?
    Not bothered personally what you post on here, but it's the Filming on monday is a load of rubbish. We would certainly have had an announcement to a countdown by now

It's probably a second unit shoot on Monday. A few shots of the ice lake, secondary characters, etc. Perhaps we'll get a clapperboard pic with "B25" instead of the title. And then on April the full press conference with the cast and the title as they are about to shoot in Pinewood.

Technically, QOS began to shoot in August 2007 with the Palio scene.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Such a smart and an educated statement. Seriously? Films very often begin shooting scripted footage ( camera tests have been going on for about 2 weeks, on and off now) before official PP. Don't you understand anything about film production?

Not really. I know the meaning and how the go about it pre production, etc. but I dont follow up every single piece of detail. But they only film when they announce the title. Sorry to be bringing bad news, but we will not have an announcement next month or next week. Script not finished, and wouldnt be suprised if they dont even know what to call it. BOND 25 production has been a joke from start to finish.

It will be delayed again i bet.
    Oh I might as well not use spoilers then if 007Risico is allowed to get away with it. Bond 25 is called ECLIPSE then.

I'm starting to warm to the title actually.........at least it's not called BOND.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 832

Not really. I know the meaning and how the go about it pre production, etc. but I dont follow up every single piece of detail. But they only film when they announce the title. Sorry to be bringing bad news, but we will not have an announcement next month or next week. Script not finished, and wouldnt be suprised if they dont even know what to call it. BOND 25 production has been a joke from start to finish.

Yea you don't know what you're talking about. Filming monday is just as probable as it was before. I refer you to the previously posted clip of qos filming.

Script not finished, and wouldnt be suprised if they dont even know what to call it. BOND 25 production has been a joke from start to finish.

Again, how do we know the script isn't finished? And what does exactly "not finished" means? I'm quite sure the script has a beginning and an end and the bunch of text has been revised by Burns, probably it needs a slight polish. But they do have an idea on what to do: otherwise we wouldn't have Italy and Norway locked in, and (maybe) Jamaica.

All we know is: Fiennes hasn't read it.
    How does that make it an "unfinished" script?
    What if -for security reasons- is "eyes only" for Broccoli, Wilson, Fukunaga, Craig and the writers? Maybe someone at MGM/Annapurna/Universal as well. Both the Skyfall and SPECTRE scripts were partially or totally leaked in the past. In the case of Skyfall, some pages were sold on eBay with call sheets. In the case of SPECTRE, we know what happened. I do believe they are taking extreme measures with even the tiniest details on the plot, or even misdirecting the media.
    Either filming will start in just 2 and a half days in Norway or filming has been somewhat delayed again. Simples.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Nice find Pierce2Daniel!!!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Some members are acting like children. As for now all this drama comes from an article from someone who cannot even understand what “script doctor” means. Just saying. And film making is a creative process. People need to realize that rewriting and last minute changings are always been part of this process.

As far as we know filming will begin next Monday. Let’s just hope this Eclipse crap title will be replaced by something more creative or at least Bondian.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    matt_u wrote: »
    Some members are acting like children..

Perhaps because some are?
    Some members are acting like children. As for now all this drama comes from an article from someone who cannot even understand what “script doctor” means. Just saying. And film making is a creative process. People need to realize that rewriting and last minute changings are always been part of this process.

stickeroid_5bf5489e4f011.png
    People need to realize that rewriting and last minute changings are always been part of this process.
    Oh, I see what you did there! You talk about rewriting and last minute changes, but avoid last minute rewriting. FYI, last minute rewriting has NOT always been part of the process. EON had more than THREE years to get the script ready. It’s deeply troubling that three years were not enough for them.
    People need to realize that rewriting and last minute changings are always been part of this process.
    Oh, I see what you did there! You talk about rewriting and last minute changes, but avoid last minute rewriting. FYI, last minute rewriting has NOT always been part of the process. EON had more than THREE years to get the script ready. It’s deeply troubling that three years were not enough for them.

I feel the same way. They have had plenty of time. It's four years since spectre, and will be 5 years when bond 25 comes out. I remember the good old days of one every two years and they had great scripts for the time they had. Now, things are takng forever. It is troublesome that there's issues with the script this late on. If they delay another time then its beyond a joke. but hopefully they wont and im sure they wont.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

You’re a towel.
    This thread everytime a tabloid mentions the word "script":

I feel the same way. They have had plenty of time. It's four years since spectre, and will be 5 years when bond 25 comes out. I remember the good old days of one every two years and they had great scripts for the time they had. Now, things are takng forever. It is troublesome that there's issues with the script this late on. If they delay another time then its beyond a joke. but hopefully they wont and im sure they wont.

and where is your script?
  • RC7RC7

As long as the core idea is solid and everyone is on the same page, rewriting is largely irrelevant. It’s part of the process. To anyone who has any production experience you’re so hilariously naive, it’s almost endearing. Like a child who’s adamant he can’t be seen if he puts his hands over his eyes.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    so April 4th is the press conference and it is Eclipse... DAM IT I wanted a fleming title not just one word from one of his novels...

Fleming didn't use the word 'eclipse' in any of his Bond novels.
    RC7 wrote: »

As long as the core idea is solid and everyone is on the same page, rewriting is largely irrelevant. It’s part of the process. To anyone who has any production experience you’re so hilariously naive, it’s almost endearing. Like a child who’s adamant he can’t be seen if he puts his hands over his eyes.

If they have:

-Bond.
    -The Villain.
    -The Girls.
    -The Threat.
    -The Locations.
    -The Allies.
    -The Key Scenes.
    -A Beginning and an Ending.

That's pretty much it. Then, as someone else said, a script doctor rearranges these elements, polishes dialogues, may add or ditch scenes. Would they build a set in the middle of Norway if they didn't have an idea of what to do?
    Reminder that there will be no delay and that there’s no reason to think filming won’t begin on Monday.

Come on! It can’t be this difficult to understand the difference between rewriting and last minute rewriting!

Come on! It can’t be this difficult to understand the difference between rewriting and last minute rewriting!
    And where is your script