The Gadgetry of Bond 25 ( What gadgets could we expect for Daniel's final mission?

With Spectre upping the gadgetry, what could we expect in Bond 25. Will we have vehicle gadgets, or something entirely different?

Comments

It wont be an explosive pen. They don't really go in for that anymore ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    What I want:
    Tomorrow-Never-Dies.gif

What we’ll probably get:
    http%3A%2F%2Fi67.tinypic.com%2F2myox06.png
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Pretty much, @BMW_with_missiles. Personally, I also want the laser watch back. That should be as essential to the Bond icons as the PPK and the tuxedo are.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    None.

But the laser watch is cool.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 308
    Sony’s no longer involved with Bond so if he uses a phone it will probably be a Blackberry or Samsung.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 12,914
    The Aston Martin Electric Rapide E. I'm thinking it won't turn into a submarine.

But a feature delivering an electromagnetic pulse makes sense.
    I feel they have run out of ideas. I mean, spectre had fire instead of smoke, which was cool but that that original. I hope they have something really cool. I have a feeling they will do something with the ice. A vehicle has been spotted on the ice and if theres a car chase on ice then something like in the living daylights would be a cool comeback with the skis.
    Oh, I think they can come up with some good stuff.

1600.jpg
    Pretty much, @BMW_with_missiles. Personally, I also want the laser watch back. That should be as essential to the Bond icons as the PPK and the tuxedo are.

I agree. The laser watch is always a nice touch. It’s one of those things that’s just far enough out of reach of modern technology that it still feels fantastical, but close enough within reach that you could see it happening soon and you don’t have to suspend your disbelief too much.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,879
    But a feature delivering an electromagnetic pulse makes sense.
    This is what I think too. A spy's car would fire an EMP out the front and back to immobilize other vehicles' engines, and this technology has been in use. However, this would eliminate the opportunity for Bond to blow up every vehicle around him, and we can't have that. ;) I kind of hope we don't see a gadget car again - there is no need to do this with every film.

It won't be a Sony phone, but MP's phone in SP was a Samsung, so that might be a hint they're going with them. Plus, they're a good brand too - I've had a Samsung phone and mp3 player, the latter lasting 14 years so far. Appealing designs too.

Craig's Bond doesn't smoke, so that might rule out a cigarette or lighter gadget, however much I'd love to see this, but he might have accessories like glasses or cuff links outfitted with something.

Bond should ride that Q-Bike from SP, the Norton Dominator SS with mounted machine guns.

I agree. The laser watch is always a nice touch. It’s one of those things that’s just far enough out of reach of modern technology that it still feels fantastical, but close enough within reach that you could see it happening soon and you don’t have to suspend your disbelief too much.

I agree
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Whatever the gadgets are, I sincerely hope they are grounded in reality (something a spy would genuinely use to do, you know, spying), rather than it be used as a Deus Ex machina device.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Craig's Bond could do with a bug detector...haven't seen that in a while.
    An expandable leather attache briefcase by Alpine Swiss that turns into jet-pack with deployable 8ft carbon wings for getting out of a tight spot.
    Better yet, a teleporting machine. ;)
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Very good @ClarkDevlin. Or the briefcase could inflate into a giant Union Jack helium-filled balloon to whisk 007 out of a jam, as a homage to the unfilmed escape in DAF. I’m on a roll.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    peter wrote: »
    Whatever the gadgets are, I sincerely hope they are grounded in reality (something a spy would genuinely use to do, you know, spying), rather than it be used as a Deus Ex machina device.

Totally agree @peter, you and I have only just been discussing that watch and the pointlessness of it being given to Bond if he's being grounded.

Skyfall took the gadget thing as far as the DC era should, a little nod and a wink to the audience in that gallery scene.

The DB5 wasn't everyone's favourite I know but I'm giving it a pass, I'm biased I love Skyfall warts and all, guilty as charged but SPECTRE???

The crowbarring of gadgets into that film is plain as day and it's one of the biggest clues to this being a rushed job.

Oh Shit! this doesn't look like a Bond film lets just throw everything and the kitchen sink at it and hope no ones notices.

I hope Bond 25 has gadgets they are given a purpose and not just given to Bond on the off chance he might need them.

Sunglasses with night vision
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Sunglasses with night vision

That would be a neat gadget.
    I am wishing for something on the ice, like with die another day, but not as over the top. Something like a grip to help him race on the frozen lake, or something.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Shardlake wrote: »
    peter wrote: »

Totally agree @peter, you and I have only just been discussing that watch and the pointlessness of it being given to Bond if he's being grounded.

Skyfall took the gadget thing as far as the DC era should, a little nod and a wink to the audience in that gallery scene.

The DB5 wasn't everyone's favourite I know but I'm giving it a pass, I'm biased I love Skyfall warts and all, guilty as charged but SPECTRE???

The crowbarring of gadgets into that film is plain as day and it's one of the biggest clues to this being a rushed job.

Oh Shit! this doesn't look like a Bond film lets just throw everything and the kitchen sink at it and hope no ones notices.

I hope Bond 25 has gadgets they are given a purpose and not just given to Bond on the off chance he might need them.

Absolutely, @Shardlake-- you had made the point in your project: Bond is "grounded" in Spectre; he's shown the DB10 that was meant for him, but, since he's in trouble, the car is being passed on to another double-O.

So, in Spectre, why does Q give Bond the stupid watch, knowing 007 was grounded?

Makes no sense.

Hopefully in B25 they give 007 spy gadgets for a spy; not gadgets that are expected to tick a box and save our hero in a later scene.
    I thought the watch was the standard issue type, automatically given to double-ohs. Like the briefcase, or the watch delivered to OO7 in his flat during Live and Let Die.

There are useful gadgets, gadgets as humor. Gadgets that save the day. Gadgets employed for an unexpected purpose. Gadgets that fail. Multiple possibilities, actually.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I hope there's little to no gadgetry in Bond 25, aside from the car having some perks.
    I feel it just doesn't suit the more rough gritty real world feel of Daniel Craig's Bond. Or instead of giving him gadgets that will save him, give Bond gadgets that will help him, like a bug detector or a master key device to open doors. That way the gadgets won't feel as bold and out of place.
    I'm always kind of hoping a slightly revamped version of the FRWL suitcase.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,497
    A button in his AM that activates a device which can help Madeline undress faster.

And one more time: the Sony product placement was not worse than in older Bonds.

I don't want TND idiocy.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I hope there's little to no gadgetry in Bond 25, aside from the car having some perks.
    I feel it just doesn't suit the more rough gritty real world feel of Daniel Craig's Bond. Or instead of giving him gadgets that will save him, give Bond gadgets that will help him, like a bug detector or a master key device to open doors. That way the gadgets won't feel as bold and out of place.

I agreed 100% with this... I was disappointed to see Q back (although I like Ben); I hope the gadgets are real spy gear (light weight assault rifles, trackers), and no exploding watches and ejector seats.
    An exploding Theresa May would be a huge help in scaring off the villains.
    TND type gadgets won't happen in the Craig era.

The one after it, however? I can't promise that TND's detractors will be pleased. ;)

The one after it, however? I can't promise that TND's detractors will be pleased. ;)

An exploding cigar case when you take out the 5th cigar from the second row.

Other ones have snake venom attached to it, or puff mist.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

An exploding cigar case when you take out the 5th cigar from the second row.

Other ones have snake venom attached to it, or puff mist.
    That'll piss off Pleydell-Smith for good.