No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Risico007 wrote: »
    So What do we all think about the possibility of

["spoiler"]Risico["/spoiler"]

being the title

I've been following Bond online since 2008 and I never cease to want to express ship a katana from Japan to my home so I can personally commit seppuku everytime Risico, The Hildebrand Rarity, or The Property of a Lady are mentioned.

it will happen eventually

Sorry but for those who think they will never use another fleming title I have been hearing that since 2002 and have had 3 since then
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756

being the title

I've been following Bond online since 2008 and I never cease to want to express ship a katana from Japan to my home so I can personally commit seppuku everytime Risico, The Hildebrand Rarity, or The Property of a Lady are mentioned.

Sorry but for those who think they will never use another fleming title I have been hearing that since 2002 and have had 3 since then

No.
    CR is based on the book. QoS worked situationally, arguably a bad title (I think just "Solace" would have been better).

TPOL sounds like the title of a soap opera.
    THR as a title is marketing suicide.
    Risico is the lamest title Fleming ever named. Wow, risk - but in Italian! How deep and inspiring.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @Pierce2Daniel why are you punishing me? Please send me the message I’m waiting for!

@BarbaraBroccoli would it be that difficult to announce the bloody date of the press conference right now? Why torture us?
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,261
    Maybe Jesus Quintana will be the main villain? He can really role.

tenor.gif?itemid=3872019
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    @Pierce2Daniel why are you punishing me? Please send me the message I’m waiting for!

@BarbaraBroccoli would it be that difficult to announce the bloody date of the press conference right now? Why torture us?

In the grand scheme of things, the only people who care about the conference are us. And there aren’t enough of us.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

being the title

Just cheap filler titles that occupy the mind of a desperate Bond fan's imagination in the same way people imagined ghosts pre-20th century due to sheer boredom.
    :))

In all fairness, I think POAL is a great title. But the others do nothing for me.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    My feeling is that they’ll give us an original one this time.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom

being the title

No.
    CR is based on the book. QoS worked situationally, arguably a bad title (I think just "Solace" would have been better).

Risico is the lamest title Fleming ever named. Wow, risk - but in Italian! How deep and inspiring.

Solace would have been a great title.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 9,736

being the title

No.

If and when any of those happen I look forward to reading your thoughts

Besides there are chapter titles stc

I know this isn't the place to discuss this but lets say for argument sake all 4 short titles have been used I can still come up with 10-12 titles that while not perfect could indeed work

Shatterhand (hey when people thought they were going to use it no one made jokes they just were interested in what it meant)
    Blofeld
    The Garden of Death
    A Whisper of Love A whisper of Hate (the can shorten it to A whisper of Hate if they Want or back to back films)
    The Pipeline Opens
    Death Leaves an Echo
    Shaken Not Stirred
    Death for Breakfast
    Blood and Thunder
    Fork Left for Hell

and as for the four Unusable Flemingshort story titles

Risico can mean anything from the name of the Villains Base to the Operation to the last name of the villain

The Property of A lady would be fine for any film as it has a sort of On her Majesties Secret Service feel to it

The HIldebrnad Rarity could work for a varity of ways from the characters last name to the plot

007 In New York could work if this return to Pulpy titles continues

Like I said with a good imagination and writer anything is possible, Quantum of Solace still made money after all
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Bentley007 wrote: »

A lot of crazy insights from this article. I will translate for you all.
    - Dua Lipa will probably sing the theme. She's expected to go to Matera in summer, scouting for the videoclip of the song that we'll eventually feature in the movie.

- Locations features a lot of places in Matera plus a seaside location that will host Bond and his girl relaxing by the end of the film:

B_portodegliargonauti_3.jpg

Riva-dei-Ginepri-Beach-Club-3-CartaCon.jpg?ssl=1

- Action in Matera will feature a car chase + a foot chase in the ancient city.

matera.jpg

- There's this crazy insight that Bond will have a conversation with another agent - reported of being its successor (?!?) - in this astonishing church here:

idris.jpg?itok=7iCUic7O

- There's a title suggestion of being THE MATER SPY. Bond's mission will be related to prevent a worldwide conflict and Matera is described as a fundamental feature throughout the movie since represents a kind of cultural crossroads of the world. Mater in latin means "mother".

I would take this with a huge grain of salt BUT this newspaper was the first that spoke about Matera being in the film and they were right.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    That Italian newspaper surely outdid themselves this time.
    bond-5.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    matt_u wrote: »
    - Locations features a lot of places in Matera plus a seaside location that will host Bond and Madeleine relaxing by the end of the film.
    I swear it doesn't mention Madeleine, it just says Bond girl?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Denbigh wrote: »
    - Locations features a lot of places in Matera plus a seaside location that will host Bond and Madeleine relaxing by the end of the film.

You're right. Sorry, my fault. ;)

Edited.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,157

being the title

No.

Risico does not mean risk in Italian.
    Walecs wrote: »

being the title

No.

http://www.grandidizionari.it/Dizionario_Italiano/parola/r/risico.aspx
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia

Etymology
    From earlier risque, from Middle French risque, from Italian risco ("risk"; > Modern Italian rischio) and Italian rischiare ("to run into danger"). Most dictionaries consider the etymology of these Italian terms uncertain, but some suggest they perhaps come from Latin *resicum (“that which cuts, rock, crag”) (> Medieval Latin resicu), from Latin resecō (“cut off, loose, curtail”, verb), in the sense of that which is a danger to boating or shipping; or from Ancient Greek ῥιζικόν (rhizikón, “root, radical, hazard”).

A few dictionaries express more certainty. Collins says the Italian risco comes from Ancient Greek [Term?] (“cliff”) due to the hazards of sailing along rocky coasts. The American Heritage says it probably comes from Medieval Greek riziko "sustenance obtained by a soldier through his own initiative, fortune", from Arabic rizq, "sustenance, that which God allots", from Syriac ruziqā, "daily bread", from Middle Iranian rōčig, from rōč, "day", from Old Iranian *raučah-, from the Indo-European root leuk-.

Cognate with Spanish riesgo, Portuguese risco

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,157

being the title

No.

Weird, I live in Tuscany and I never heard that xD Only rischio.

So far I had only heard the saying "chi non risica, non rosica", which uses the verb "risicare" as a synonim of "rischiare", but never as a noun.

QQ7 wrote: »
    That Italian newspaper surely outdid themselves this time.
    bond-5.jpg

Hilarious. But they where right before...

XD
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,834

You're right. Sorry, my fault. ;)

Edited.
    Haha it's cool, I just didn't want people to be like "Oh no! She's gonna be in it more :("
    hmmm
    if true this will be the second time the title was spoiled for me a few days before hand....

I like a lot of the info except the whole Bond retiring thing that has been done to death

the title is original and kind of well more Ludlem then Fleming in my opinion it's not as bad as the Brosnan original titles but meh

being the title

No.

Weird, I live in Tuscany and I never heard that xD

So far I had only heard the saying "chi non risica, non rosica", which, I guess uses the verb "risicare" as a synonim of "rischiare", but never as a noun.

Me neither (and I live in Lombardia) since I made a little random research some years ago. :)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    hmmm
    if true this will be the second time the title was spoiled for me a few days before hand....

I like a lot of the info except the whole Bond retiring thing that has been done to death

the title is original and kind of well more Ludlem then Fleming in my opinion it's not as bad as the Brosnan original titles but meh
    So we're meant to believe the film's gonna be called...
    The Mother Spy?? Sounds more like a sequel to Melissa McCarthy's film but this time she has a baby.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Title rumours don t need spoiler tags, do they?

yes they do
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Must say that I absolute despise that title, every title with "spy" in it seems super cheep to me.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Must say that I absolute despise that title, every title with "spy" in it seems super cheep to me.
    It sounds like an episode of 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E' which is exactly what I wanted to avoid.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    It sounds like an episode of 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E' which is exactly what I wanted to avoid.
    What's next? The Spy James Bond 007
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I wouldn't say so, unless it's a credible source. Not sure what this is, to be honest.