No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Oh great an ambiguous ending to debate for the ages
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6771427/Danny-Boyle-quit-director-25th-James-Bond-film-bosses-wouldnt-let-KILL-007.html

I wouldn't hold this up as the absolute truth, but a little bit of insight into Danny Boyle leaving.

"A source told The Daily Star"
    When a Daily Star journalist puts a sock on his hand and decides to speak in a high-pitched voice, that's what they call a "source."
    The Daily Star (part of the same group as The Daily Mail) is the tabloid that published two months ago the Dwayne Johnson interview where he spoke against "generation snowflake." Johnson denied ever giving such an interview and explained that it had been "100% fabricated."

For the record, here's their previous scoop on Bond. Elba will take over the part in Bond 26, because he worked with Cary Fukunaga, who is now directing Bond 25. Makes total sense.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/731197/next-james-bond-idris-elba-director-change-danny-boyle-cary-joji-fukunaga
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6771427/Danny-Boyle-quit-director-25th-James-Bond-film-bosses-wouldnt-let-KILL-007.html

I wouldn't hold this up as the absolute truth, but a little bit of insight into Danny Boyle leaving.

I saw this. The article suggests that Producers want for the end to be ambiguous in regards to Bonds life.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Sounds like a bunch of speculation cobbled together from various sources. Not much new, more of a reheated leftover casserole.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    echo wrote: »
    Sounds like a bunch of speculation cobbled together from various sources. Not much new, more of a reheated leftover casserole.

Indeed, a very astute contributor, Phoenix1717 made note of this in the comments. ;)

It would be pretty cool if some of the CIA (Beam and newcomer at least) are the bad guys this time around - maybe being under Rami Malek’s character’s control/bankroll? If Beam does come back, surely Felix must!!
    Might as well bring back Camille, Yusuf, and Felix while we're at it
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I hope people don't read too much into this whole David Harbour thing, he's just sitting next to Rami Malek lol
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I hope people don't read too much into this whole David Harbour thing, he's just sitting next to Rami Malek lol

Sure, but what are the odds?....

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    talos7 wrote: »

Quite high actually, they were both at a Knicks Game last year? They probably both just enjoy sports.

Quite high actually, they were both at a Knicks Game last year? They probably both just enjoy sports.

His would be a great character to bring back and would fit into the cohesiveness that they want to maintain in the Craig era.
    After he was released by the CIA, who recruited him and how would that lead to again crossing paths with Bond?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

His would be a great character to bring back and would fit into the cohesiveness that they want to maintain in the Craig era. After he was released by the CIA, who recruited him and how would that lead to again crossing paths with Bond?
    To me it would be clutching at things we don't need to see, but either way we shouldn't be giving this any merit because he’s just sitting next to someone whose probably going to be in it. That means nothing in my book.

His would be a great character to bring back and would fit into the cohesiveness that they want to maintain in the Craig era. After he was released by the CIA, who recruited him and how would that lead to again crossing paths with Bond?
    To me it would be clutching at things we don't need to see, but either way we shouldn't be giving this any merit because he's sitting just sitting next to someone whose probably going to be in it. That means nothing in my book.

With all due respect, how can you assume what needs to be seen? Other than speculation and rumors, nothing of the story is known.

Also, just how much meaning does you book have? ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

To me it would be clutching at things we don't need to see, but either way we shouldn't be giving this any merit because he's sitting just sitting next to someone whose probably going to be in it. That means nothing in my book.

With all due respect, how can you assume what needs to be seen? Other than speculation and rumors, nothing of the story is known.

Also, just how much meaning does you book have? ;)
    giphy.gif
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 2,598
    That fan made ‘Shatterhand’ poster looked much nicer without her writing on it. :) No offense to Ms. Broccolli of course.

Don’t know why they can’t call it ‘World Without Want’ - the name of the pub that Bond went to in the book, Moonraker.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Bounine wrote: »
    That fan made ‘Shatterhand’ poster looked much nicer without her writing on it. :) No offense to Ms. Broccolli of course.

Don’t know why they can’t call it ‘World Without Want’ - the name of the pub that Bond went to in the book, Moonraker.

That's a good title!! Plus, if the new bad guy is a tech head it would make sense to have an alliterative WWW in the title. Lol. I'm going off on a tangent.
    Plus, whenever someone chats about Bond 25, it would be so much easier just to type www. ;)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I like a World Without Want a lot
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 2,598
    Either that or a world without wan**rs. ;) What a great world that would be.

That would make Beam's return impossible.
    FourDot wrote: »

That would make Beam's return impossible.

LOL
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Some of this kind of sizzle would be lovely for Bond 25.
    Also would be lovely to get some on set photos eventually, eh?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 25
    You're all barking up the wrong tree.

The... title... is... obvious...

EF6a.gif

SHATNERHAND
    tenor.gif?itemid=3558712
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I’m pretty sure the plot will involve BREXIT one way or another.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,979

Or Facebook. Malek as a Zuckerberg type--the world domination, the swagger--makes a lot of sense.

As much as I want to see a proper YOLT adaptation, I feel like it's less likely now. It doesn't help that The Sea of Trees really tanked at the box office a few years ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sea_of_Trees

And unless Malek's character has undergone--dare I say it--gene therapy and is somehow Blofeld, I don't see how he would fit into an YOLT adaptation.

To quote John Logan before SP, "Bond should always fight Blofeld." I don't agree with that statement, but I do agree with "Bond should always fight Blofeld in a proper YOLT adaptation."

That's a good title!! Plus, if the new bad guy is a tech head it would make sense to have an alliterative WWW in the title. Lol. I'm going off on a tangent.

I like that title too! Finally a good suggestion...but for B26, which could be based heavily on MR. Also, is "WWW" an allusion to Gala's leaving Bond at the end of the novel? That sneaky Fleming! ;)
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    When's a good time to remind the interwebs and kneejerk tabloid folk that 'that' title has been listed on that user-led production database for at least two Bond films now?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Why?
    When's a good time to remind the interwebs and kneejerk tabloid folk that 'that' title has been listed on that user-led production database for at least two Bond films now?

First, hand wax. Then, the world!

http://www.shatterhand.com/
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Guys, just a reminder. If you want to discuss the next Bond villain we have a thread.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/18458/bond-25-actor-who-would-make-a-good-main-villain#latest

If you want to discuss the next Bond girl, we have a thread.
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/941/who-should-be-a-bond-girl#latest

If you want to discuss preferences for the title of Bond 25 we have a thread.
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/4987/the-names-25-bond-25#latest

Thanks.