No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    @DonnyDB5 Hundreds of people are busting their bottoms to deliver the best Bond film posssible and Daniel wants to cruise over to NYC to do a stage reading for pleasure instead of preparing for his final Bond film?! I don’t think so!!

Craig lives in NYC though. It’s not like Craig’s going halfway around the world to do a one night show. He’s probably doing a 15 minute drive for it. It’s a easy thing to do, one night only. That doesn’t mean he’s not working towards B25. He’s probably preparing to return right now and will fly to Norway mid March.
  • Don't you think that with a month to begins filming, they are still doing casting for some of the main characters?

Come on!!...these actors are already selected and hired. They must adjust their schedules and they must learn the script with time.

That's what I think.

;)
    Well, Eva and Mads are an example of brilliant late casting. So, everything's possible.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Jack_Wade wrote: »
    ...these actors are already selected and hired. They must adjust their schedules and they must learn the script with time.
    Well, it kinda depends on how big are they are in the industry I guess. With Malek and Lupita, it's a sure thing that these things need to be sorted, but let's not forget Mads and Eva were brought on about two weeks before the filming of their scenes had begun, and they'd already started principle photography, so it's possible that some of the roles haven't been filled.
    eheh, brilliant minds think alike @Denbigh.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »
    eheh, brilliant minds think alike @Denbigh.
    Haha, it wouldn't be the first time. Hope you're well man :)
    So it seems the four key roles are almost cast. So we have...

Rami Malek
    Lupita Nyong'o
    Billy Magnussen

The big question now is who will be the fourth member and other Bond girl....
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Rami Malek
    Lupita Nyong'o
    Billy Magnussen

Sonoya Mizuno? I know you're a fan of this idea too @Pierce2Daniel ;)

Rami Malek
    Lupita Nyong'o
    Billy Magnussen

Remind me what is the fourth member role?, @Pierce2Daniel.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    I have to say that I like casting of Billy Magnussen. For some weird reason he reminds me of Jack Lord. He has some of that true American grit I guess.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Deadline Update: Lupita Nyong’o will not appear in Bond 25
    https://deadline.com/2019/02/lupita-nyongo-bond-girl-shortlist-rami-malek-villain-james-bond-25-daniel-craig-1202567458/

tenor.gif?itemid=13147541

This is a shame. What do Eon do now? Can we get Tessa Thompson instead?
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Deadline's article was updated, re: Lupita Nyong’o.

UPDATE: her team is now telling me it won’t work out with her
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Rami Malek
    Lupita Nyong'o
    Billy Magnussen

He meant the other Bond girl @Univex
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,630
    UPDATE: her team is now telling me it won’t work out with her
    This reads like it was more a scheduling issue than anything.

@Pierce2Daniel Perhaps they could go for Gugu Mbatha-Raw? She's British, so she could feasibly play the female MI6 agent.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Idris Elba
    Denbigh wrote: »

Rami Malek
    Lupita Nyong'o
    Billy Magnussen

Oh, thanks. Didn't get that.

About Lupita, i wasn't that invested in her. Now, as far as Malek is concerned, please EON, don't miss that opportunity. Hire that bug-eyed bastard, he's brilliant.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Honestly not all that heartbroken about Nyong'o. Though whoever pops up next will be an interesting indicator of whether it's a specific type of actor they want for the female character.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    There goes people's hopes of seeing her as the new May Day :(

766827109b348223e05f4a420e0d44ebd408383d.gif
    Oh wow that's a shame. She would be such a great get. I wonder what didn't work out. Scheduling? Money? Hopefully they can get someone else great to fill those shoes
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Rami Malek
    Lupita Nyong'o
    Billy Magnussen

About Lupita, i wasn't that invested in her. Now, as far as Malek is concerned, please EON, don't miss that opportunity. Hire that bug-eyed bastard, he's brilliant.

Malek has a similar look and a restrained, maniacal intensity, as a LTK era Benicio Del Toro. You never know when he's going to snap.

DSRT1hF.jpg?1
    talos7 wrote: »

Malek has a similar look and a restrained, maniacal intensity, as a LTK era Benicio Del Toro. You never know when he's going to snap.

DSRT1hF.jpg?1

That’s a really good call, Talos
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Minion wrote: »
    Idris Elba

@Minion is definitely onto something :)
    Too bad about Lupita. I think she would have been a good choice.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    peter wrote: »
    Idris Elba

that was a joke...
    FoxRox wrote: »

I posted this on Feb 22 on this site:

"IF they score Lupita, well done and the expectation would be for an interesting character.

She's in pre-production for two films at the moment: 355 with Jessica Chastain (a female spy film), and; she's been cast as the lead in John Woo's own re-make of his The Killer. That's why I hate these reports since a certain section of the population will be excited by this news (myself included), but if she decides her slate's too full, it will be perceived as another loss to EoN (when in actuality, it's just the nature of the business)

Depending on how far along in pre-production these films are (355 seems to be ahead of The Killer), tossing B25 into the mix is not impossible, but it will be challenging."

P
    dont want to see lupita. not bond girl materal.

I want to see something akin to izabella scoruppco
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Idris Elba

When in need of a replacement, bet on Elba ;-)
    Idris Elba

that was a joke...

"IF they score Lupita, well done and the expectation would be for an interesting character.

She's in pre-production for two films at the moment: 355 with Jessica Chastain (a female spy film), and; she's been cast as the lead in John Woo's own re-make of his The Killer. That's why I hate these reports since a certain section of the population will be excited by this news (myself included), but if she decides her slate's too full, it will be perceived as another loss to EoN (when in actuality, it's just the nature of the business)

Depending on how far along in pre-production these films are (355 seems to be ahead of The Killer), tossing B25 into the mix is not impossible, but it will be challenging."

P

True and I am fine with that

• peterpeter Toronto
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Idris Elba

that was a joke...

P

True and I am fine with that

Sorry, what I meant by quoting myself is this: now that it seems like Lupita won't be in B25, I'm just afraid that certain ppl may say: looks like Babs lost another; she should be fired (when on the 22nd I said the above, and this is about scheduling...)
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    dont want to see lupita. not bond girl materal.

I want to see something akin to izabella scoruppco

Yes to this.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    talos7 wrote: »

Rami Malek
    Lupita Nyong'o
    Billy Magnussen

DSRT1hF.jpg?1

Oh yes - I mentioned Benicio many pages ago in reference to Malek. If he comes on board, I hope it is some type of pyscho role such as Benicio gave us.