Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    matt_u wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Station_Z wrote: »
    So, are they going to film 3 days in the studio and then already in Matera? It might no be so easy to change all shooting schedules. (I'm surprised the 007 stage or whatever they booked is still free one month later.)
    Yeah, it's weird. They're probably in the midst of accommodating the delays for each location as well. I wonder if everything has been pushed back a month.

I dont think they could delay location shooting. We will probably never know the full schedule but it seems more likely they try and work with Pinewood in changing dates than locations.
    Did we actually get a concrete date for shooting on location? We've discussed so much since I can't actually recall.

There was an article from an Italian paper last week which detailed the locations in Matera that will be used and listed a filming start date of April 6th, 2019.

https://www.thelocal.it/20190214/new-bond-film-shoot-italy-matera/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Just for the record I read some updated articles on Italian newspapers that listed “Spring/Summer” as the potential period of shooting in Italy. The same articles that listed not only Matera but some places in Puglia as well.
    Thanks for the info @matt_u :)
    Ugh. Italy again. They can't find anywhere else
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    So, are they going to film 3 days in the studio and then already in Matera? It might no be so easy to change all shooting schedules. (I'm surprised the 007 stage or whatever they booked is still free one month later.)
    Yeah, it's weird. They're probably in the midst of accommodating the delays for each location as well. I wonder if everything has been pushed back a month.

I dont think they could delay location shooting. We will probably never know the full schedule but it seems more likely they try and work with Pinewood in changing dates than locations.
    Did we actually get a concrete date for shooting on location? We've discussed so much since I can't actually recall.

There was an article from an Italian paper last week which detailed the locations in Matera that will be used and listed a filming start date of April 6th, 2019.

https://www.thelocal.it/20190214/new-bond-film-shoot-italy-matera/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Just for the record I read some updated articles on Italian newspapers that listed “Spring/Summer” as the potential period of shooting in Italy. The same articles that listed not only Matera but some places in Puglia as well.

We’ll see if things turn out to be true.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

We’ll see if things turn out to be true.
    Yeah, it's hard to judge reports coming in from "unreliable" sources, but it definitely fits more with the recent updates. I just hope we get to see Matera on screen cause it looks beautiful. It kinda reminds of some of the Cairo sequences from The Spy Who Loved Me.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,043
    Tuck91 wrote: »

It's been said numerous times and as someone who's visited Matera in person it's unlikely that location will actually be Italy, it's doubled as Jerusalem twice now for Passion of The Christ and Mary Magdalene.

It's quite like nowhere else in Europe.

th_P1030896.jpg

th_P1030900.jpg

th_P1030901.jpg

th_P1030902_1.jpg

th_P1030901.jpg

th_P1030908.jpg

Just a few of photos from our 2017 Holiday where we took in the amazing sights of Matera, really quite breathtaking.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh I absolutely LOVE Italy as a location; gorgeous, historic. I am hoping for a great shoot in Norway and Italy.

As for the writer, Burns, yes I feel that surely he has had communication before now (written and verbal) from EON and Daniel; so his jumping into the writing is not cold, not without having a good idea of what they want.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I agree, if they’ve been courting Burns, he was aware of were they were and what they were not happy with; he did not have cold start.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Shardlake wrote: »

It's been said numerous times and as someone who's visited Matera in person it's unlikely that location will actually be Italy, it's doubled as Jerusalem twice now for Passion of The Christ and Mary Magdalene.

Just a few of photos from our 2017 Holiday where we took in the amazing sights of Matera, really quite breathtaking.

Right, unique. Matera recently doubled Jerusalem also in Ben-Hur, plus the fantasy world of Themyshira in Wonder Woman.

PS Really nice pics!
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia

Right, unique. Matera recently doubled Jerusalem also in Ben-Hur, plus the fantasy world of Themyshira in Wonder Woman.

PS Really nice pics!

Add "The Gospel According to St. Matthew" by Pier Paolo Pasolini to that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    What kind of sequence do people think we'll see there?

I don't know personally but this could be doubling for a middle eastern location so who knows.

Like you and others I'm just so delighted at this point we don't have a clue and hopefully the press conference will be a first real bite at some info.

I will be very surprised if Matera is actually Matera, that is if it's getting used.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834

I don't know personally but this could be doubling for a middle eastern location so who knows.

Like you and others I'm just so delighted at this point we don't have a clue and hopefully the press conference will be a first real bite at some info.

I will be very surprised if Matera is actually Matera, that is if it's getting used.
    Very well could be...

I'd personally like to see maybe a boat/foot chase, like we saw in the Heineken ad back in 2015 :)

And yes very exciting! I remember when the locations were coming out for Spectre, I remember just being so this is where the airplane scene is gonna happen and this is where Madeleine Swann is going to work. It's my own fault for reading the leaked script, but it's nice to play the guessing game again this time round :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »
    I agree, if they’ve been courting Burns, he was aware of were they were and what they were not happy with; he did not have cold start.

Very much agree. Sounds like a polish or slight overhaul rather than a complete re/write
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    echo wrote: »
    Kananga wrote: »
    I'm feeling a John Gardner title for this film.. I don't know why.. just am.

I doubt it, but any particular? LICENCE RENEWED? NEVER DREAM OF DYING?

Icebreaker. Norway and Swann.

Plus it's arguably Gardner's best title.

I’m very into Icebreaker. I like the one word titles; punchy. I can certainly appreciate the longer more romantic titles as well though.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Benny wrote: »

Very much agree. Sounds like a polish or slight overhaul rather than a complete re/write

I think the complete rewrite was an overstatement. Definitely makes a good headline.
  • RC7RC7

There’s no way it’s a page 1 rewrite. There will be sections they feel they’ve not cracked. Sometimes these issues just need fresh eyes to find a way through. Again, it’s difficult to understand for anyone who has never put pen to paper, but easy to assume it’s a simple thing - like cooking an egg.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    echo wrote: »
    Kananga wrote: »
    I'm feeling a John Gardner title for this film.. I don't know why.. just am.

I doubt it, but any particular? LICENCE RENEWED? NEVER DREAM OF DYING?

Icebreaker. Norway and Swann.

Plus it's arguably Gardner's best title.

I’m very into Icebreaker. I like the one word titles; punchy. I can certainly appreciate the longer more romantic titles as well though.
    Actually speaking of romantic, the new release date has settled some of my concerns. I remember feeling that because it was going to released on Valentine's Day that they were going to make some kind of effort to have a romantic element. Plus, with Madeleine Swann returning, it made me think it was even more possible that we were going to get an OHMSS/DAF reboot.

Very well could be...

I'd personally like to see maybe a boat/foot chase, like we saw in the Heineken ad back in 2015 :)

And yes very exciting! I remember when the locations were coming out for Spectre, I remember just being so this is where the airplane scene is gonna happen and this is where Madeleine Swann is going to work. It's my own thought for reading the leaked script, but it's nice to play the guessing game again this time round :D

I must confess I read bits of it myself and kind of knew things were coming up, although that did factor into the enjoyment factor it was just one of the many problems with that film.

I'm hoping that Bond 25 retains some of that grit we got in CR & QOS, I loved SF but a film like that should have been a one shot deal and not explored any further.

A boat or a foot chase would be good, I'm thinking Burns if he injects some humour into the script that it will be more like Craig's first 2. It certainly didn't work in SP and SF attempts weren't really playing to Craig's ability to deliver dead pan witty lines as opposed to the ones only Roger could get away with.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So @Shardlake I've tried to do some colour-correction editing with one of the Matera images to see what it could look like. I've tried to give it the Istanbul, Turkey vibe from Skyfall, although I'll probably never be able to recreate the beauty of that film :D

fpbceo.jpg
    So @Shardlake I've tried to do some colour-correction editing with one of the Matera images to see what it could look like. I've tried to give it the Istanbul, Turkey vibe from Skyfall, although I'll probably never be able to recreate the beauty of that film :D

fpbceo.jpg

I like it, will be interesting to see what Sandgren brings to Bond 25. Loved Hoyte's work elsewhere but SP not really.

Deakins though just owned it with SF.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

fpbceo.jpg

I like it, will be interesting to see what Sandgren brings to Bond 25. Loved Hoyte's work elsewhere but SP not really.

Deakins though just owned it with SF.

Same here! Sandgren is an artist and I cannot wait to see what he brings to the film :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    RC7 wrote: »

There’s no way it’s a page 1 rewrite. There will be sections they feel they’ve not cracked. Sometimes these issues just need fresh eyes to find a way through. Again, it’s difficult to understand for anyone who has never put pen to paper, but easy to assume it’s a simple thing - like cooking an egg.

Having just finished a page 1 rewrite of a personal project that had someone else's name on the first draft, I can agree with this wholeheartedly.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630

fpbceo.jpg

That's a great shot. I wonder how it would look in action. I attempted to see how it could look with a Bondian context.

39qzx3ghymh21.png
  • I really like how that looks, @Denbigh and @AgentJamesBond007

Perfect scenery for any type of chase.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Needs much more yellow. And less people.
    Interesting
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @AgentJamesBond007 That pic with Dan looks great - it's spiking my excitement levels. Remaining positive that B25 will be a colourful, epic adventure.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    I was thinking a little bit of liberties with Matera and it might make a good double for Spectre Island
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

This date makes a lot of sense as well because April 5th would be Cubby Broccoli’s 110th birthday
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

This date makes a lot of sense as well because April 5th would be Cubby Broccoli’s 100th birthday
    Interesting. Seems like something I would want to capitalize if I were them.