No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I'm feeling a John Gardner title for this film.. I don't know why.. just am.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Bond 25 to release in the Netherlands April 9th 2020 according to James Bond Netherlands Facebook page
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Kananga wrote: »

I doubt it, but any particular? LICENCE RENEWED? NEVER DREAM OF DYING?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    MooreFun wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Hey we all said the same thing about Quantum of solace and look what happened
    What did we say about Quantum of Solace?

That the title was never going to be used and then it was
    The only difference between Quantum and Hildebrand is that Quantum was not mentioned or used in any capacity in a prior film. Hildebrand is used as the name of that safe house. Already made a point out of it up there. In a Craig era continuity, it will not be used, because it won’t make any sense unless they go out of their way to announce SP is non-canonical. Otherwise, if it’s set in another continuity, I don’t see why it can’t be used.
    And now you've got me dreaming that Bond 25 opens with Craig in the hospital after having fallen off the viaduct in the opening of Skyfall.
    Let me guess: Bond is incarcerated in his hospital room. :))
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked becausehecked because I asked.

At this point, this makes the most sense. How long will it be though before that date becomes May 5th, or June 5th, and so in and so forth?
    Your constant pessimism is always great to hear @DonnyDB5 *sarcasm intended*
    007Blofeld wrote: »

lol. If you scroll up you can see my original message. Shout out to the guy who quoted me on twitter though.

So the press conference will be on April 5th which is a Friday

If the filming starts April 5, wouldn’t the conference be at least a day before?
    MooreFun wrote: »
    Hey we all said the same thing about Quantum of solace and look what happened
    What did we say about Quantum of Solace?

That the title was never going to be used and then it was
    The only difference between Quantum and Hildebrand is that Quantum was not mentioned or used in any capacity in a prior film. Hildebrand is used as the name of that safe house. Already made a point out of it up there. In a Craig era continuity, it will not be used, because it won’t make any sense unless they go out of their way to announce SP is non-canonical. Otherwise, if it’s set in another continuity, I don’t see why it can’t be used.
    And now you've got me dreaming that Bond 25 opens with Craig in the hospital after having fallen off the viaduct in the opening of Skyfall.
    Let me guess: Bond is incarcerated in his hospital room. :))

@ClarkDevlin Madeline being the nurse ;)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Denbigh wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked becausehecked because I asked.

At this point, this makes the most sense. How long will it be though before that date becomes May 5th, or June 5th, and so in and so forth?
    Your constant pessimism is always great to hear @DonnyDB5 *sarcasm intended*

I’m sorry, but I’ve been one of the more positive members on this forum for some time now. I’m at the point where staying optimistic is becoming impossible.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    @ClarkDevlin That be fun poster art for Bond 25 Bond as the patient Madeleine as the nurse and Blofeld posing as Dr. Shatterhand its perfect :))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Good news about the supposed April 5th start date. I was initially worried that it would be delayed until May, as they have been intending to start principal photography 11 months prior to release the past few times. 12 months should provide adequate time for post-production.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Since they announced the new release date, why not announcing also the new official start of filming?

Maybe they don’t want to because this date is not 100% locked, since Burns is working heavily on the script.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @007Blofeld, I suddenly started hearing Dr. Gumby (John Cleese) shouting “Nuuuuuurse!” =))
    matt_u wrote: »
    Since they announced the new release date, why not announcing also the new official start of filming?

Maybe they don’t want to because this date is not 100% locked, since Burns is working heavily on the script.

Nothing is a 100% lock with this film :P
  • So, are they going to film 3 days in the studio and then already in Matera? It might no be so easy to change all shooting schedules. (I'm surprised the 007 stage or whatever they booked is still free one month later.)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Station_Z wrote: »
    So, are they going to film 3 days in the studio and then already in Matera? It might no be so easy to change all shooting schedules. (I'm surprised the 007 stage or whatever they booked is still free one month later.)
    Yeah, it's weird. They're probably in the midst of accommodating the delays for each location as well. I wonder if everything has been pushed back a month.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    jake24 wrote: »
    So, are they going to film 3 days in the studio and then already in Matera? It might no be so easy to change all shooting schedules. (I'm surprised the 007 stage or whatever they booked is still free one month later.)
    Yeah, it's weird. They're probably in the midst of accommodating the delays for each location as well. I wonder if everything has been pushed back a month.

I dont think they could delay location shooting. We will probably never know the full schedule but it seems more likely they try and work with Pinewood in changing dates than locations.
    @007Blofeld, I suddenly started hearing Dr. Gumby (John Cleese) shouting “Nuuuuuurse!” =))

@ClarkDevlin seriously someone has to do a poster art of that =))
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Bentley007 wrote: »

I dont think they could delay location shooting. We will probably never know the full schedule but it seems more likely they try and work with Pinewood in changing dates than locations.
    Did we actually get a concrete date for shooting on location?

We've discussed so much since I can't actually recall.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Kananga wrote: »

I doubt it, but any particular? LICENCE RENEWED? NEVER DREAM OF DYING?

Icebreaker. Norway and Swann.

Plus it's arguably Gardner's best title.
    So do we know anything about bond 25 at this point
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Can't confirm for sure but I believe James Bond 007 will make an appearance.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia

We are absolutely thrilled to confirm that we are in complete darkness.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 564

Did we actually get a concrete date for shooting on location? We've discussed so much since I can't actually recall.

There was an article from an Italian paper last week which detailed the locations in Matera that will be used and listed a filming start date of April 6th, 2019.

https://www.thelocal.it/20190214/new-bond-film-shoot-italy-matera/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Did we actually get a concrete date for shooting on location? We've discussed so much since I can't actually recall.

There was an article from an Italian paper last week which detailed the locations in Matera that will be used and listed a filming start date of April 6th, 2019.

https://www.thelocal.it/20190214/new-bond-film-shoot-italy-matera/amp?__twitter_impression=true

It all makes sense now
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Despite people's persistent concerns, we know it's gonna be released on April 8 2020, and that Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux and the MI6 regulars will appear (although no-ones sure about Rory Kinnear)...

And before you all reply, "Oh, well they'll probably delay again". There are so many reason why this isn't going to happen. We've already discussed the amount of money they will have to waste for that to become true.

Also, they now have over a year to get it made, which was way longer than Spectre had, which only had about nine or ten months from when filming had started. With filming rumoured to start in April (thanks to @Pierce2Daniel), they have exactly a year pretty much to film, score, edit and market Bond 25.

As for this, we'll probably find out if this true when we get the press conference. I won't surprised either way. They could start filming in Italy, but I think it's more likely they'll probably work out a deal to film later, but until the production team give us anything regarding filming dates, I'm gonna take that article with a pinch of salt. The only location I think is a certain at this point is Norway, as we've had pictures and footage from Fukunaga's visits and the grant made last month.
    Despite people's persistent concerns, we know it's gonna be released on April 8 2020, and that Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux and the MI6 regulars will appear (although no-ones sure about Rory Kinnear)...

And before you all reply, "Oh, well they'll probably delay again". There are so many reason why this isn't going to happen. We've already discussed the amount of money they will have to waste for that to become true.

Also, they now have over a year to get it made, which was way longer than Spectre had, which only had about nine or ten months from when filming had started. With filming rumoured to start in April (thanks to @Pierce2Daniel), they have exactly a year pretty much to film, score, edit and market Bond 25.

@Denbigh plus they have already confirmed released dates for countries the Netherlands April 9th 2020 and Australia like the 21st or 28th I think
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

@Denbigh plus they have already confirmed released dates for countries the Netherlands April 9th 2020 and Australia like the 21st or 28th I think
    Exactly! I get people's worries and concerns, but my faith in Bond 25 is based on the factual information we get from Eon or Universal, not people's worst-case scenarios.

Exactly! I get people's worries and concerns, but my faith in Bond 25 is based on the factual information we get from Eon or Universal, not people's worst-case scenarios.

It seems that all things are arranged for an April start. My question now is when will they do the Press Conference? Early March with he bare minimum information as rooms are already booked at Pinewood. Or the usual week before principal?

Could Burns have already been working for weeks prior to the report and actually get 5 or 6 weeks of work before filming commences.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

It seems that all things are arranged for an April start. My question now is when will they do the Press Conference? Early March with he bare minimum information as rooms are already booked at Pinewood. Or the usual week before principal?

Could Burns have already been working for weeks prior to the report and actually get 5 or 6 weeks of work before filming commences.
    It's hard to say. They probably won't want to have the conference when the script's not finished unless Burns' changes are not as severe as people are saying, so I'd imagine we'd get it around the end of March/beginning of April.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Just for the record I read some updated articles on Italian newspapers that listed “Spring/Summer” as the potential period of shooting in Italy. The same articles that listed not only Matera but some places in Puglia as well.