Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited February 2019 Posts: 15,818
    After all these wimpy, wussy, whiny Bond contenders thrown at us by the media over the past several years...............I think we need a REAL MAN to take over from Craig in BOND 26.

Here is my top choice for Bond #7:

52543563_2078156032231180_1395435385571508224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=de71b835cec8ff68446edf47d0ba706c&oe=5CFBCF99
    Too right. Been saying this for years.
    Yep, count me in as that man supporter! Still the best one for the job.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    +1
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Christian Bale.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 693
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Christian Bale.

I don't see why not if they want to keep the older Bond going.

I doubt they will keep an older James Bond, they're gonna wanna get as many films as poissible out of the next actor so a younger James Bond is the way forward. It's the only reason I don't want them to cast Elba, apart from his constant pining for the role.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Christian Bale.

I doubt they will keep an older James Bond, they're gonna wanna get as many films as poissible out of the next actor so a younger James Bond is the way forward. It's the only reason I don't want them to cast Elba, apart from his constant pining for the role.

And the fact that Bond is a white character.....
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Christian Bale.

Thank you!

Bad enough they've made him a blonde ;) Still, small changes aren't helluva big changes.

No one respects the author's creations anymore. Who cares about the writers vision, right? Let's just have some creative fun with other beloved characters, shall we? Ginger Harry, transgender Hermione, and asian Ron. Black Poirot. Latin Sherlock Holmes. Blonde white Otello. White female Shaft. Mongolian J. Gatsby. Never mind about historical accuracy. White washing is bad, but the other way around is ok. Natasha Rostova could be black, couldn't she? I'm sure people wouldn't mind it not being historically possible, right? Celie from The Color Purple could be white, right? And could we please have some asian slaves on the cotton fields in the 1600s? What? It doesn't matter anymore. And whoever says otherwise must surely be a misogynist racist bigot! Just shut that academic teacher there at the back, he knows nothing! What an awful person! Historical accuracy? Context? What utter nonsense. Here's to a black James Bond. Or Jane Bond, or whatever.

There, rambling over. Cheers.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,318
    I wouldn't be dismissive of either Bale or Dalts :D However, my #1 realistic pick remains Mr. Turner. Anyone seen him yet in The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot?
    I wouldn't be dismissive of either Bale or Dalts :D However, my #1 realistic pick remains Mr. Turner. Anyone seen him yet in The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot?

Got to love the title of that film! :))
    Haven't seen it yet, but will probably do so when it's released on DVD/Blu-ray/digital.

Haven't seen it yet, but will probably do so when it's released on DVD/Blu-ray/digital.

Haha indeed, it's quite... intriguing. A man in a raincoat told me it's out on the web, through mysterious ways *cough*.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677

Haha indeed, it's quite... intriguing. A man in a raincoat told me it's out on the web, through mysterious ways *cough*.

Just PM me those mysterious paths, @JeremyBondon. You know you want to ;)

edit.

Never mind. The path found its way to me ;)
    Univex wrote: »
    Christian Bale.

Thank you!

Bad enough they've made him a blonde ;) Still, small changes aren't helluva big changes.

No one respects the author's creations anymore. Who cares about the writers vision, right? Let's just have some creative fun with other beloved characters, shall we? Ginger Harry, transgender Hermione, and asian Ron. Black Poirot. Latin Sherlock Holmes. Blonde white Otello. White female Shaft. Mongolian J. Gatsby. Never mind about historical accuracy. White washing is bad, but the other way around is ok. Natasha Rostova could be black, couldn't she? I'm sure people wouldn't mind it not being historically possible, right? Celie from The Color Purple could be white, right? And could we please have some asian slaves on the cotton fields in the 1600s? What? It doesn't matter anymore. And whoever says otherwise must surely be a misogynist racist bigot! Just shut that academic teacher there at the back, he knows nothing! What an awful person! Historical accuracy? Context? What utter nonsense. Here's to a black James Bond. Or Jane Bond, or whatever.

There, rambling over. Cheers.

+1.
    A new name Jim sturgess

British 40 good actor and can sing (unlike Pierce Brosnan)

Thoughts?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,090
    Whether they will want to go for an older Bond wil depend on what the M.O. is next time out. I personally think that we are in for something a little more pre-planned. Nowadays the idea of the long running franchise is a bit dated. In the old days they could switch from, say Moore to Dalton quite seemlessly, and the franchise would rumble on as before. Sure, there were a few changes here and there, the tone would adjust slightly, but mostly they wouldn't be that different. Nowadays the need for reinvention is more prevalent. It's not just about plopping another actor into the tux and continuing as if mothing changed. They need to go back to the drawing board and start again, with just the bare basics to work from. I believe that once they finally put this era to bed, and crack open the next iteration, they won't approach it in the same way they did in the past. It won't be a "let's see how it goes" attitude, but something more strategic. Indeed it is common for whole slate of films, or a trilogy to be announced all at once. If the confidence in the property in the brand is there, as it most certainly is for the juggernauts of STAR WARS, HARRY POTTER and BOND, as well as others, then theres no danger. Point being if they know next time that the era will last for a pre-set new of films, then hiring someone in their forties to play Bond really isn't a big deal. And I think Bond fans have a strange way of thinking about it. Just to take an example, when they are casting a new Batman they aren't tjinking in terms of "ok, we need some in their late twenties so we can make as many films as possible with them before they're too old". Instead they are thinking about what story they would like to tell, and then casting according, so lately they wanted an older Batman who was more cynical, but next time they might want to go for a younger actor to tell a different story. But either way, there will always be another version after that which will do it a different way. The days of a franchise becoming asscoiated with one specific actor are ending. What examples do we have from the past 20 years? Vin Deisel, Hugh Jackman, and Tom Crusie. That's about it. Maybe Ian Mckellan and Gandalf? But the era of "lets just see how many of these we can make" is dying, and most franchises now stop with a trilogy of films, and then get reinterpreted years later. So if a trilogy is more or less the limit, with 3 to 4 year gaps between films, there is really no reason why they couldn't hire a 45 year old to play Bond.
    I think anyone but the above
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Has to be older that a "young man". Need some credibility. We look up to this man, we trust him, he's in charge. Probably needs to be 40+ age.
    +1
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 12,270
    I wouldn't mind a Moore or Brosnan-type actor next. A lighter, standalone approach after the gritty, somewhat connected Craig era would be nice. And I say that as someone who loves 3/4 of Craig's films (SP is the odd one out).
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a Moore or Brosnan-type actor next. A lighter, standalone approach after the gritty, somewhat connected Craig era would be nice. And I say that as someone who loves 3/4 of Craig's films (SP is the odd one out).

Good, and I think henry Cavill can be that smooth suave man.
    Jack Lowden. He has played the part of Lord Darnley, therefore it is written.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Has to be older that a "young man". Need some credibility. We look up to this man, we trust him, he's in charge. Probably needs to be 40+ age.
    +1

So 41?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    FourDot wrote: »

I like his acting, saw him in Dunkirk. But is he tall enough? And I guess for this guy it would be better to colour his hair.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    FourDot wrote: »

I like his acting, saw him in Dunkirk. But is he tall enough? And I guess for this guy it would be better to colour his hair.

Bio says 6’1” so probably 5’11 or 6’

Tall enough.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Going to be on SNL ... do you think a Bond skit will happen? ;)
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,318
    [
    Going to be on SNL ... do you think a Bond skit will happen? ;)

Hopefully not. Joke's over.
    500th page!

card-template-congratulations-with-woman-graduation-gown_1308-3024.jpg

Will the next Bond actor be revealed before the 1000th page? ;)
    Maybe who knows