No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond retires to Jamaica, spending his time in the sun, smoking ganjaweed with his woman.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Jamaica? Then we need some calypso for the soundtrack.

Monty? Are you doing anything in 2020?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Denbigh wrote: »
    What a great way to end Craig's run by visiting the location that started it all, the novels and the films.

Exactly.
    Thank you @peter. Jamaica would be a fantastic destination for a Craig adventure. Very exciting!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,494
    According to sassilive.it Bond 25 will begin shooting in Matera, Italy on Saturday, April 6, 2019.

Via Google Translate:

"The agreement is already defined by the end of December but in the coming days the news will become official."

depositphotos_58675117-stock-photo-ancient-town-of-matera-at.jpg
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    According to sassilive.it Bond 25 will begin shooting in Matera, Italy on Saturday, April 6, 2019.

Via Google Translate:

"The agreement is already defined by the end of December but in the coming days the news will become official."

The article also states that B25 will "probably" star Emma Stone and Dakota Johnson as Bond girls.

Regarding the location, the article lists all the specific places and buildings that will serve as location. Based on this, B25 crew will start filming in Matera April 6.

Just for the record, Matera is the 2019 European Capital of Culture.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    matt_u wrote: »

Via Google Translate:

The article also states that B25 will "probably" star Emma Stone and Dakota Johnson as Bond girls.

Yeah I don't think Emma or Dakota are going to be Bond girls, this is definitely a rumour. Although, Sassi di Matera would be a great location. It's like something out of The Spy Who Loved Me.

sassidimatera.jpg

Yeah, I can't see either of them ever being Bond girls.

But the location is definitely very Bondian.

I must have missed something. Where is the Jamaica location info coming from?
    I'd love to see another Bond in Jamaica!. That would be great!
    ]

Via Google Translate:

No, no, noooo! With Norway, Tunesia and Jamaica we already have plenty of locations. NOT TO MENTION that Italy appeared in 3 out of the last 4 Bond films! I don’t want to see Italy again in a Bond film for at least 2 decades!!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,494
    A bit more digging brings this up from corrieredelmezzogiorno.corriere.it

"The twenty-fifth film in the series on the world's most famous secret agent could also include Matera as a set. The rumors about the arrival of a new large international production in the city of the Sassi, new European Capital of Culture, are increasingly recurring and are part of a spring of extraordinary liveliness for many crews who will be working among the Sassi starting from the next weeks."

Yeah, I can't see either of them ever being Bond girls.

But the location is definitely very Bondian.

The article also states that they will shoot also outside Matera. One of the places listed is this incredible hotel here...

grotta-14-matera.jpg

matera-grotta-17-classic.jpg

They also mention a beach location 60 km from Matera.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    None of these locations are confirmed, so I think they've all been visited by the location scouts, and it's being reported on by the local news. So we'll wait and see which ones make it.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    No, no, noooo! With Norway, Tunesia and Jamaica we already have plenty of locations. NOT TO MENTION that Italy appeared in 3 out of the last 4 Bond films! I don’t want to see Italy again in a Bond film for at least 2 decades!!
    Maybe it will stand in for Canada.

edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    None of these locations are confirmed, so I think they've all been visited by the location scouts, and it's being reported on by the local news. So we'll wait and see which ones make it.

Actually the article says that the deal is locked since December. We will see. At this point I just pray they're not going to use Matera as a double for Tunisia. Matera is just too unique.

I want to hear JUMP UP! in B25.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541

At least this confirms that there is no delay. I am just really happy that everything is falling into place and finally there is some positivity in this thread with some concrete and official news coming in weeks it will get much better.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I want to hear JUMP UP! in B25.

And see Commander Jamaica as a character.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    ]

Via Google Translate:

Zzzzzzzzz.......
    In the past Matera was used as a filming location for Gibson's The Passion of Christ, and more recently for the Ben-Hur remake and Wonder Woman Amazons island.
    Won't mind Bond going to Italy (again), to be honest. Just depends on where and how they use the location.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Woah! That's quite the update...

I wouldn't discount the casting rumour - especially if this source is giving locations, dates and approvals for the filming. That is quite the bold claim and one very easy to refute if it turns out to be erroneous. So there's a good chance this could be true.

Plus....both castings sync up. They're American actresses with international cache who seem like people who Fukunaga would cast/want to work with him.

Emma Stone:

Could she be the MI6 agent that Justin Kroll told us about? She can do a pretty excellent English accent if you've seen The Favourite (that film starred Rachel Weisz and she has been attending the award events with Weisz's husband) you can corroborate this fact. Plus, she recently starred in Fukunaga's Manaic. So they have a relationship already.

Emma-Stone-Louis-Vuitton-Cruise-2019-Fashion-Show-Red-Carpet-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-1.jpg

Dakota Johnson:

She's really attractive and seems Bond girl material - fits the role of the 'mysterious woman' Kroll mentioned. I'm fairly certain she can't act. I've only seen her in Bad Times at the El Royale and she was wooden but gorgeous. Nonetheless, she is seemingly getting the attention of interesting directors like Drew Goddard, Luca Guadagnino and Babak Anvari. So maybe I'm wrong to question her talent. This photo screams Bond:

dakota-johnson-arrives-at-hotel-excelsior-in-venice-09-01-2018-7.jpg

Plus, I found this snap online:

dakota-johnson-and-barbara-broccoli-attend-the-academy-of-motion-picture-id1052187188
    She's really attractive and seems Bond girl material - fits the role of the 'mysterious woman' Kroll mentioned. I'm fairly certain she can't act. I've only seen her in Bad Times at the El Royale and she was wooden but gorgeous. Nonetheless, she is seemingly getting the attention of interesting directors like Drew Goddard, Luca Guadagnino and Babak Anvari. So maybe I'm wrong to question her talent. This photo screams Bond:

I saw Dakota Johnson in Suspiria and I was blown away by her performance.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Actually the article says that the deal is locked since December. We will see. At this point I just pray they're not going to use Matera as a double for Tunisia. Matera is just too unique.

But the article also suggests Emma Stone and Dakota Johnson as Bond girls. I'm also aware of the comment above that's quite excited about this, but I don't think it's true. Just looking at them as actresses, I don't think at this point in their career, they would choose to be a Bond girl.

Plus, are they really going to limit themselves to two American actresses, when James Bond is known for such international casting? I understand the idea that they are both global successes and have worked with many different auteurs but I just think it's too much. Plus they both look like they're still in their 20's.
    I'd love to see both Emma Stone and Dakota Johnson as Bond girls. Personally hoping there's something to that rumor. Also Matera and Jamaica would be awesome locations.
    Never understood what's so interesting with Emma Stone, to be honest. OK actress that comes across as annoying in interviews, IMO.
    Did anyone notice how chummy Daniel and Emma were during the Golden Globes?

Maybe he got drunk again and asked her if she wanted to be in Bond 25.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

The issue is I think this is where the rumour stems from. She just recently worked with his wife, so of course people are going to link her to James Bond.

The issue is I think this is where the rumour stems from. She just recently worked with his wife, so of course people are going to link her to James Bond.

And with Cary.

If EON are being very secretive they could use 'The Favourite' as a cover. No one would think twice about DC being a supportive husband, nor Emma being in London or LA for the BAFTAs and Oscars.

All very unlikely of course.