The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Ok when ruby says it’s true in ohmss what on earth is she talking about diesbond have four balls or something
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Gogol is great standing over Orlov as he dies.

Yes, I love that. He seems out of place in his next two appearances, but this works well.

Gogol's finest hour in my opinion! He's very good in FYEO and Spy as well. He apparently was suppose to be the one with an assissination attempt on him in TLD but he was unhealthy and so the character of Pushkin was created. Don't know how true that is can't remember if I heard it on the making of documentary or just other random hearsay
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Is that the imperial that Darth Vader force chokes in Star Wars next to Magda when she jokingly steals the General's wallet? Looks like him.
    I love the "That was Bond" and Kamal's response.

Yes - nice stuff.

The ramping up of tension here is quite well done.

One bit of comedy I like is earlier when the people pretend to pick up Bond and then laugh as they drive off...it works because it's an added frustration for Bond.
    Love the lady in sunglasses extra on the Eiffel tower as May Day makes her escape. She doesn't look at the camera persay but she really sells her shocked frightenness haha
    I love the "That was Bond" and Kamal's response.

Jourdan's delivery is so spot on with every line.
    They could have cast Victor Tourjansky as the Indian looking at bottle of booze as women flip up into human pyramid.
    James St. John Smythe, best alias ever.
    As we've stated the ending is a bridge too far - but I do love that tracking shot that follows OP's soldiers when they acrobatically flip toward the villains.
    "Go out and get him."
    "Out there?..."
    The stunt work the Bond films were doing in the 70s and 80s - especially the aerial ones...brave, brave people...
    'Oh James!' and it's an all time high over the end credits...
    James Bond will return in FROM a View To A Kill (love those little anomalies...)

Thanks for watching with me @Birdleson
    That was my first of 2019! I think if we went through and made those changes we spoke about @Birdleson - this film would be about 40 minutes shorter!
    James Bond will return in
    FROM A VIEW TO A KILL

This was the last film to give us that. Way before Marvel, fans would wait until the end credits to get their first look (pre-internet) at the title of the next Bond film. I really miss that. It was thrilling.

I wish they still did that too. So cool though at least they still say James Bond Will Return. Wonder if they even have the title finalized for B25 :/
    'Oh James!' and it's an all time high over the end credits...

Loved Rog's endings, especially with the ballad themed Bonds (Spy, FYEO, OP especially). Will make me mistyeyed now that Rog is gone.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 3,343
    Bond carrying Stacey down the ladder with Barry's monumental score creating so much tension and emotion. Followed by the drunk guy in awe and clapping, bringing levity to a tense situation. Even though AVTAK has some big flaws, the older Bond's were just better at drawing emotion from the audience IMO.
    Firetruck chase is one of those flawed moments however. It's like the filmmakers thought 'what mode of transportation hasn't Bond used yet' and made a rehash chase sequence that did very little new. Add in the Sheriff Pepper ripoff and it makes for a sequence that seems very tired.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 15,801
    I missed out on the OP fun last night so here is......................... the legend that is

MOONRAKER

I wanted a Bond that ended with a "9" year o be my first Bond film of the year.

The opening gunbarrel chords are very distinctive to this film. They have become too similar in recent years.

Bond need to visit the SUITS OF JAMES BOND website to learn that notch lapels on a double breasted jacket are a no-no. Craig would wear peaked lapels on a single breasted jacket in his fourth outing .

Jaws is my hero. This is the first bond film I ever saw. I was a Jaws fan before becoming a Bond fan.

In my bi-hourly ranking I gave this film some considerable rise.

This one is getting more love from me in this new year.

Possibly my favorite Binder titles of this period.

I love the song as well.

Shirley Bassey is my favorite Bind singer.

"007 at last".

I love Bernard as M.

One of my favorite Q gadgets. The wrist dart firing mechanism.

My Dad made one for me when I was about 10. It didn't really work but looked enough like Roger's I could pretend.

Great Barry here as the helicopter passes over the Drax estate.
    I think Bond should clap when hearing Drax jamming on the piano.

Then he could request that Drax play Peter Frampton's "I'm in You" .
    They could sing along in a nice soft rock late '70's melody.
    That would have been GREAT!!!!!!!!

I don't think Drax knows any Peter Frampton songs or takes requests.

Oh well.
    Controversial opinion:

Roger's deliver of "My name is Bond. James Bond" here is superb.
    None of the actors after Roger have quite matched his expertise in delivering the iconic line so naturally.
    HEY WHAT THE HELL!!!!

HEY COME BACK!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!

HELP!!

HELP!!!!!

actually

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORHHHHHHHHHHH

would be more appropriate.

Roger is getting thrashed here.
    Craig will be approximately Roger's age here in B25.

Roger looks suave, dashing and debonair, especially when taking care a a sniper in the trees.

MOONRAKER is great. I saw a 35mm print screened about 6 years ago and it was a blast seeing this one again on the big screen. It had the old UA Transamerica logo.

Corrine is hunted here. Roger would just say SIT!
    and it would work.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Watching OHMSS and I'll always say it, but always enjoyed the fact that Ruby Bartlett is from Morecambe Bay; I work in Morecambe.
    The legendary gondola or Bondola scene.

Bond is relaxing enjoying some downtime.................

the coffin is rather cool looking.

Hovercraft!!!

Victor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kind of miss that gag, actually.

I find that boat chase if you want to call it that more entertaining than the one in QoS.

Sneaky Bond. If that hat were black, Bond could almost be disguised as Zorro here.

Close Encounters theme.

Today movie scores are so understated that a joke like that couldn't possibly work for today's generation.

I couldn't hum any of the music from, say IRON MAN or WONDER WOMAN.
    Watching OHMSS and I'll always say it, but always enjoyed the fact that Ruby Bartlett is from Morecambe Bay; I work in Morecambe.

Nice! I should really visit the U.K. sometime. So many Bond related locations I'd like to see there.
    In this film Bond takes off his watch when going to bed. He usually wears it.
    The gas mask scene.

Bond makes an a$$ out of the MI6 staff and humiliates Freddie Gray. LOL

I wish to hell he'd do that with the Scooby Gang. Maybe they'd stop hanging around all the time?