The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

The conveyor belt scene is great. I love every frame. I'd love to see Bond in this kind of movie serial peril again. It's a lost art.
    I love the tanker chase.
    I remember when this came out BATMAN was all the rage, and the early serials were released on VHS. I picked up the second one, BATMAN AND ROBIN, which starred Robert Lowery and John Duncan as Batman and Robin. One of the chapters ended with a cliffhanger on a mountain road involving a truck chase sequence. Kind of reminded me of this scene here. As low budget as those serials were, they packed a lot of action and stunt-work- somewhat akin to Bond.

Bond on the back of the tanker- Pam behind him in plane. This is some great stuff here.
    The music is solid as well. Great version of the Bond theme. I do feel Barry would have provided a bit of action music specific to this film, though. Something like his Snow Job/He's Dangerous theme from AVTAK.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    The conveyor belt scene is great. I love every frame. I'd love to see Bond in this kind of movie serial peril again. It's a lost art.

Agree with all this. And that's my favorite scene in the film, in a film that has several great (and intense) scenes.
    Sanchez burns and everything blows up. One of my favorite explosions in the series. Have we even had a decent explosion in the Craig or Brosnan eras?

Lupe has the iguana. I like to put my cat on my shoulder the way Sanchez had his iguana.

Pam gets into high school cheerleader jealousy mode.

Lupe goes off with Pedro Jr. That would have been funnier if she took Q away instead in that last shot of her.

Winking fish. Yay or Nay?

Never noticed it myself before Bond fans started mentioning it.

Nice ending theme. As much as I like Glady Knight's song, this might have made the title track a bigger hit.

Great viewing of my favorite movie from 1989.

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Sanchez burns and everything blows up. One of my favorite explosions in the series. Have we even had a decent explosion in the Craig or Brosnan eras?

Lupe has the iguana. I like to put my cat on my shoulder the way Sanchez had his iguana.

Pam gets into high school cheerleader jealousy mode.

Lupe goes off with Pedro Jr. That would have been funnier if she took Q away instead in that last shot of her.

Winking fish. Yay or Nay?

Never noticed it myself before Bond fans started mentioning it.

Nice ending theme. As much as I like Glady Knight's song, this might have made the title track a bigger hit.

Great viewing of my favorite movie from 1989.

Good way to end the year.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    I think I'll be wrapping up 2018 with The Living Daylights which was my #1 Bond film in 2017. My final 2018 rankings will likely have it swap with Moonraker again, but we will find out soon!
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I think I'll be wrapping up 2018 with The Living Daylights which was my #1 Bond film in 2017. My final 2018 rankings will likely have it swap with Moonraker again, but we will find out soon!

Timothy is certainly getting a lot of attention over these last couple days of the year.

Rightfully so.
    I plan to start the New Year with TLD!
    No better way to start 2019!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Meh.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 15,818
    GOLDFINGER

to bring in the New Year.

Gunbarrel- my favorite in the series..........alongside TB, OHMSS, DAF, and AVTAK. Yes I prefer traditional Barry.

Bond has a shiny wet-suit. I love the little hop after he kicks the guard in the head.
    Like Roger would later do, Connery wears dress shoes for ALL occasions.
    That's why both Connery and Moore are the most bad ass Bonds. Running in dress shoes with slippery soles isn't exactly easy. Craig's shoes all seem to have traction.

Sean looks great here in the white dinner jacket.
    I love this PTS. My favorite of the early ones.
    Titles. For years the early VHS transfers in the U.S. were missing the first few frames, thus cutting out that vibrant opening chord.

I tend to dismiss the Lowery restorations on many of the films not being true to their cinematic counterparts. This time, I can't complain.

Shirley Bassey is my favorite Bond singer.

Damn. This is classic.

Into Miami! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm singing along with it.

I've always waned to visit Miami, bit somehow if it doesn't look like it did in 1964 I'm not sure I want to bother.

Felix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goldfinger has a stylish outfit rivaling Bond's.

I should get me a bright yellow shirt like that for next summer.
    Controversial opinion..............I prefer Sean's reading of " Bond. James Bond" here to even DR NO. He is the man.

I remember Gene Siskel ranting in his review of GOLDENEYE " I like Connery ...and everyone else has been NOTHING compared to Connery!!!!!!!!"

It was pretty damn funny, but looking at Sean's effortlessly cool bad assery here, I can't exactly fault one for feeling that way.

Bond's suit in the Q scene is exactly what I picture Fleming's Bond wearing on a regular basis.
    I had new wheel bearings installed in my car the other day. While it was on the rack I was tempted to inquire what it might cost to put in some missiles, a bullet proof shield and an ejector seat.

Goldfinger is distracted by the bar of gold and effs up.

That was classic.

"Strict rules of golf?"
    Goldfinger has some great facial expressions here. He's pretty arrogant.............even while wearing a goofy golf outfit.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I had new wheel bearings installed in my car the other day. While it was on the rack I was tempted to inquire what it might cost to put in some missiles, a bullet proof shield and an ejector seat.

An ejector seat? You must be joking...
    peter wrote: »

An ejector seat? You must be joking...

I should ask for tire cutters instead.
    Since SP I’ve watched TWINE, TLD and now GF.
    All quality movies. By comparison SP is so dull and dreary. I love Craig and what he has done for the franchise, but looking forward to actor #7.
    The laser bit.

Great Barry music here...............
    Can’t wait for the Big Chief figure of the old lady with the machine gun.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Can’t wait for the Big Chief figure of the old lady with the machine gun.

Yes! Those Bond figures have incredible detail. I don't have any myself, but they are great.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Since SP I’ve watched TWINE, TLD and now GF.
    All quality movies. By comparison SP is so dull and dreary. I love Craig and what he has done for the franchise, but looking forward to actor #7.

I must say I am as well, though I'm glad he's back for a 5th. I just hope Bond # 7 has a more reliable run.
    I love Honor Blackman. She's my favorite leading Connery Bond girl alongside Domino.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Meh.

Kara to explain your comment? ;)
    If I were to rank the Ken Adam sets, Fort Knox would be near the top. Possibly just below the supertanker and volcano.
    Don't be a fool! You can be a hero! I'm not!!! NO, NO ....................

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Splat.
    The ABC Sunday Night Movie showing always butchered the Oddjob fight. He tosses the hat twice and the second time Bond picks it up- thus completely removing the struggle.