The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Craig is pretty excellent throughout this whole film. Don’t agree with criticism of his performance in QOS at all.
    I just remember reading a couple critic reviews a while back complaining he was too mopey.

The chase and fight with Mitchell is terrific.
    Agreed. David Arnold’s score in QOS is among my personal favorite film soundtracks of all time - even edging out CR a bit. I’ve been listening to it a ton lately. Really want him back.

Also, getting QOS and SF is worth it for SP IMO. No matter what happens with 25, Craig has at least 3 strong hits IMO.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    The fight with Slate is one of the best in the entire series.

Also agreed. The no-dialogue, little to no sounds leading up is an amazing touch also I think.
    Camille!
    Greene and Medrano are two of the most realistic villains in the series. Makes it interesting.
    Have you shown your brother all of the films?

He’s seen them all at some point - about 10 or so with me. Craig is his favorite, CR is also his favorite Bond film.
    No Interest in Dominic Greene. Love this song and scene.
    I can agree to that.

QOS may be the shortest, but it really only works in its favor. I really hope someday it can gain a mainstream reappraisal.
    Same. SP was a tryhard traditional effort. At this point with B25, I’m just hoping it’s a significant improvement over SP. If it can be as good as QOS I’d be impressed.

The opera sequence is probably still my favorite part of this film. It has been ever since I first saw QOS.
    Interesting. Mathis is indeed great.

I like Fields.
    The obnoxious taxi driver is a great minor character.
    Good question.

I love Camille embarrassing Greene at the party.
    Also Felix chilling at the party is funny.
    I don’t hate it, but it’s probably the weakest of the film’s action scenes.
    I like the sinkhole scene.
    I’d include at least Fields, possibly Severine. Solange is middle for me.

Oily Fields. Such a great GF homage.
    Already time for the finale.
    Greene’s war cry always makes me chuckle.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Look out for Bond throwing the can of motor oil on Greene's injured foot :))

I see the QOS Title Sequence as the Gun Barrel from Bond's POV. Does anyone else think that was the intention. A sip they were attempting to carry on form CR by somehow including it in the TS.
    Interesting theory. I always simply assumed the bullet represented Forster's vision for the film - "fast like a bullet".
    Absolutely love the ending. Much better IMO then the original idea with killing White and Bond confronting Haines, which would have been yet another cliffhanger and repetitive.
    @Birdleson Thank you! I’ve been in the mood for it, and I’m glad you and my brother watched it with me! It’s a good one.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Goldeneye feels like a dalton film. In style, in tone, in story. It just doesn’t feel like the other three Brosnan films- am I the only one you thinks it aligns more with LTK and TLD
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    You know, M (who screws up a lot in both the Brosnan and Craig Eras) is all pissed off at Bond getting Fields killed, and how it happens so much, etc. Then why the Hell is she sending a sexy young office worker to apprehend Bond (who also happens to be on a mission where several people have already been killed)?

@Birdleson I've heard some say its because she wanted Fields to seduce Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Goldeneye feels like a dalton film. In style, in tone, in story. It just doesn’t feel like the other three Brosnan films- am I the only one you thinks it aligns more with LTK and TLD
    To me it feels most like a Cubby film, which is perhaps appropriate given it was the last one completed while he was alive. It also has a bit of a modern tinge (or at least it did at the time), but it has one foot in the past. As an example, the Cold War remnants certainly remind me of TLD to a degree and there are specific scenes (particularly the MI6 meeting with MP & Tanner) which evoke Dalton in his first film.

The following Brosnan films don't have the Cubby or Harry feel in my opinion. They feel more generic and Americanized to me.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    GE does definitely feel like a transition film.
    SPECTRE

Giving this one another go before the year ends. Hard to believe I haven't watched a Bond since the NSNA/TB group viewing here a couple weeks ago.

I'm on the Rome chase, which has grown on me. It's pretty funny.

OF COURSE!!! MR WHITE!!!!

Now back to the Scooby gang and friends.
    I got a black winter jacket for Christmas that kind of looks like something Craig would wear in this film.

Bond is wearing a wool cap.

When I was 9, some of the kids in my class though it was funny to make puppets out of of their wool caps and do obnoxious voices when puppeteering. I followed suit and agree it was pretty funny when you're in 4th grade. Annoy the teachers and so forth.

I'l bet Daniel Craig's Bond does the same thing in his own private time.
    Mr White has a new hairstyle and look.

Craig as Bond lashes out in anger a few times in this film and it reminds me of Pierce's tendency to do a lot of shouting in his era.

CALL THEM OFF!!!!!

Or whatever he says before shooting Elektra.
    I should be watching that one instead, actually.

No, I should be watching TLD as today is indeed Maryam d'abo's birthday.

Happy birthday, Kara.

Maybe tomorrow I'll pop that one in?

Mt White is no more.

That's pretty dark actually and disturbing.

At least Craig didn't attempt a Moore style quip and say "Don't lose your head, Mr White."
    afterwards.

Back to this films's sponsor, the SCOOBY GANG.
    Bond is hanging out with Q at the health bar. Desmond probably would have had fun with this scene.

Q here, looks a bit like a hipster who would hang out at a coffee shop in Seattle during the late '90's.

Madeleine gets kidnapped. Her character has grown on me as well.